The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Re: The Australian GP Thread **Spoilers here please**
Date: March 06, 2005 06:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
good stuff rbr and fisi :)

will schumacher lose ten places if he's changed hs engine?

nick should have got out and thumped the arrogant prick what run him off the road.
what happened to trulli? he must've left the hand brake on.

hope fully we'll se some more rain during wualy next time too.

____
Tony

now we're going to go through the entire year hearing about this schumacher incident.
Was a good race overall, although you can't blame ITV for the coverage; after all they are just showing the world feed.

Schumacher really did go back to 1997 with his move on Heidfeld, and it ruined both their races.

McLaren's lack of pace was almost as surprising as David Coulthard's pace-from-nowhere - it must have been very satisfying for him to outperform his old team.

Great stuff Fisico!! I hope the car dosen't let him down this year. Alonso was great too and Ruby gave some hope to the Reds. Kudos to Coulthard.

Schumacher seemed to have one of his days, looked slow all race and should have conceeded to Hiedfield; but then again, that's why I love Schumacher, do or die even with just one point up for grabs!!

Honda, oh dear. Mclaren, are they really that much off the pace!? Not really the festival of overtaking moves promised by the new regs was it?

yeah red bull got it right, but david i suspect is very good at this track he almost always goes well here
All the drivers that not ended the race or went in the pits before the race was flagged CAN change there engine for next GP without a PENALTY. So michael schumacher can put again a new engine to start in next GP. Also Jenson button and Takuma sato went into the pits before the race was ended so they both can change there engines too.

Ferrari was great if you look at barrichello, he started futher then all the others, alonso, kimi, ... and ended up second with the same pitstops as all the others so ferrari is good and can take the pace with renault but they had bad luck this weekend.
Great race, i got caught up between my favourite team and favourite driver, when coulthard was holding up webber...

oh well, go RBR and go Webber! congrats to fisi and renault that was top stuff.

Date: March 06, 2005 07:32AM
Posted by: Advong
I enjoyed the race, I think the McLaren will be fast as the season goes on, but it looks like it might be a car that can lead from the front, and is not too strong on overtaking.

Fisi drove really well, was not reall troubled, Alonso did well and deserved the itv praise, but I felt sorry for Rubens who drove a race as good as Alonso but seemed to be overlooked.

Great job by Red Bull
Date: March 06, 2005 07:41AM
so the one engine rule is full of holes?

you're running 7th, the engine sounds a bit pokey so you'retire' and get a new engine for the next race?!?

____
Tony

Date: March 06, 2005 07:48AM
Posted by: danm
not sure theres loopholes all over the place in the rules, did u see martin talking to the renault and red bull guys about rules, its messed up!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so the one engine rule is full of holes?
>
> you're running 7th, the engine sounds a bit pokey
> so you'retire' and get a new engine for the next
> race?!?

yeah if your say in 9th, u just retire the car, and change the engine without penalty for the next race.

its going to mean, in 2 races MS has had 3 engines, to the majorities 1.

Date: March 06, 2005 07:52AM
its a case of points OR no points and a new engine. really dumb, but risky though! you could intend not to score every other race just to make sure u have a good clean engine to race on. maybe not, spare of the moment idea popped into my head.

Yeah but Michael lost pts for the championship héhé
great race, well done to Red Bull, i was really surprised by their pace, i mean look at jaguar last year...

we can't really judge teams by this track tho, i mean the sat quali was rain, sun 6 times i think, we'll see whos really got pace, next race.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: March 06, 2005 07:54AM
its all good, ms can got eat poo from now on!

alonso though, what a fighter! and red bull what a turn up even klien did alright for himself! :D

Date: March 06, 2005 08:30AM
the rules really are crap.

no running in practices to save engines = bad for spectators/sponsors
double qualy means (like in aussie) 15 cars have no chance so dont run
cars outside the points will retire to get a new engine.

so a few years ago we had 4 sessions with 22 cars, a qualy with 22 cars and a race.

now we have minardi and jordan doing pracy, qualy is a parde and the race is all or nothing - if you cant do well then retire.

and dan's right - just build a super engine put ms on pole and to win the race while rubes starts from p20, then next race rubens has the new engine and pole + the win while schumi starts at the back (with new engnine)

____
Tony

Date: March 06, 2005 10:07AM
Posted by: Sniper
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, it was worth to wake up early :-)

Well done Fisco & Alonso, and Schumacher screw you! You're own fault mate, heidfeld couldn't go anywhere at all!

and minardi should learn how to let the others double them without problems!

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: March 06, 2005 10:12AM
Posted by: anze89
It was a nice race, RB was very good, so were GF and FA
DC showed what he can do and I'm really happy for him.

can BAR and MS change there engines for the next race?

I think your all forgetting a cruicial point about the engine rules

When BAR brought both of thier cars into the garage on the last lap, they were classified as NON FINISHERS, a.k.a DNF so BAR just had a double DNF, doesnt look too good on paper does it? not good for the PR of the team either.

you have to think about that side, ALSO so now BAR goto malaysia with new engines while everyone else has thier 1 race old engines, thats all good, but when that race finishes, and BAR finish, then come Bahrain BAR wil have 1 race old engines and everyone else will have fresh engines.

so you see what BAR did today could hurt them AND gain them.

hope you get this side of the point because people need to understand how the rule actully works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2005 10:19AM by Redbull-Racing.
Date: March 06, 2005 10:23AM
well they were 1 and 2 laps down respectively which puts them in the 90% completion range so they are officially classified - or has that rule changed too?

but i'm sure the teams have their engienes sussed - they'll be able to repair and rebuild it won't they?

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy