FERRARI - WTF!!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: FERRARI - WTF!!!!
Date: May 19, 2002 04:50AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Why are we talking about who could see how much of who? Spray isn't see-trough, we all know that, in BOTH directions. If MS couldn't see DC, DC could certainly not see MS.
Now that's out of the way: pretty much the same for the engine sounds. Although I think driving behind someone might get you a better sound of the engine (I'm quite sure it's like that, but since I never drove an F1 car, you're going to quote me on that:)

My point is, MS probably had more information on DC's position and speed than DC had of MS's.

Wheter DC slowed down on purpose to invite MS to take a ride on his back, we'll never know, so there's no point arguing.

It does seem to me that the fuss was made because it happened during a pass at the rival McLaren and not, let's say, an arrows. In fact I'll remind you of something that happened in Spa while MS was lapping an Arrows (don't exactly remember the year though). In dry conditions at Eau Rouge, MS hit the back of an arrows, clearly misjudging the situation. However, he didn't storm to the Arrows pit afterwards.
Are you going to say the Arrows has to be the one to blaim here too, cos surely MS can't be blaimed for an incident when he hits a backmarker, can he?
Date: May 19, 2002 04:52AM
This was actually about the Austria fix. Change the topic to: Stupid crashes with MS, Part LXVII LOL
Date: May 19, 2002 05:27AM
Nice screenshots Alex, too bad you can't see anything on them. The only thing I can see very clear is that MS last lap was over 2 seconds quicker than that of DC, meaning that he wasn't stuck behind him for 6 laps as you tried to make us believe earlier. Also, conditions were not the same during the race, so it's not that that 2m03s was driven just before that lap.

I have an idea where you pick up those tactics though :)

Secondly, I don't think you know the circuit of Spa that much. That left hander before Pouhon is actually one of the slowest parts of the track, particularly in wet conditions, as it's a very difficult corner.
Date: May 19, 2002 05:55AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"so dc could hear MS nearby, and shouldve known better than to slow down so fast."

Well couldnt MS hear DC then? That works both ways

"Just reinforcing my point with this shot, because you can see the line clearer than ever here. There is no argument against the fact that DC was on the racing line."

Do you have the Malaysian GP on video?

If so watch it. According to the two Digital commentators the ebst way to let someone past is to just ease off and let them pass you, therefore your not swearvng bout the track and moving about

"Why are we talking about who could see how much of who? Spray isn't see-trough, we all know that, in BOTH directions. If MS couldn't see DC, DC could certainly not see MS."

THANK YOU!!! Someone else has finally seen this!! If MS cant see DC then why could DC see MS in the small mirrors?

"My point is, MS probably had more information on DC's position and speed than DC had of MS's."

It is easier to chase than be chased

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 19, 2002 06:52AM
Posted by: chris
That's some good evidence, Alex. The racing line stuff is very clear...dunno what Bruno means there.

"Well couldnt MS hear DC then? That works both ways"

Not really. So MS could hear DC, so what. DC can hear ms, knows he's behind, and since he's being lapped, should let him through. MS knows dc is ahead by the spray.
Are you saying that MS should have been able to avoid dc's deceleration just because he can hear him ? yeah, I'll bet no one can react fast enough.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 19, 2002 09:14AM
Posted by: LS.
The End.

sorry mate but just coz you have your version of what happened does'nt mean its the actual fact now does it,

the lengths you have gone in your desperation to prove that DC delibrately lifted off in an attempt to cause a very dangerous/suicidal accident with MS is quite impressive.

but what actual proof do you have that is was the intention?

lets here it,

to have a accident like that in the dry would be crazy yeah? so its fair to say that to actually wanting to cause it in the wet would be considered pre meditated.

why would DC or any other driver for that matter wish to put their own life in danger?

also is this incident in with character of what DC is all about?

i would say not,

we know that MS obviously has no qualms about delibrately causing an accident because he has admitted it himslf ( not that anyone but a blindman could fail to defend him on that matter)

so going back to the marvellous lengths you have alex to prove that DC did it on purpose, i still don't see what evidence you have?

to me looking at the pictures i see DC almost touching the grass (give or take 2 inches) and you say that MS is on the racing line, at what point do the rules say that a backmarker has to move off the racing line inorder to allow the raceleader through?

we saw in 99 when MS came back from accident, and he had to let irvine through to take the win, that MS did'nt move off the racing line and instead let irvine overtake him on the dirty side

are we to assume that because its MS that he should have one rule for him and one for everyone else?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 19, 2002 11:06AM
Posted by: _Alex_
the lengths you have gone in your desperation to prove that DC delibrately lifted off in an attempt to cause a very dangerous/suicidal accident with MS is quite impressive.

a) I haven't actually said I think DC did it on purpose. Please re-consider.

b) Thanks. I enjoyed compiling that argument and am glad to see that you're otherwise speechless.

so going back to the marvellous lengths you have alex to prove that DC did it on purpose, i still don't see what evidence you have?

That's because I don't have any evidence and don't need any evidence. This isn't the point that I'm pursuing. What I'm trying to make clear is that DC's actions were sensless and therefore the majority of the blame lies with him. Slowing down on the racing line on that part of the circuit, with huge amounts of spray, is just asking for trouble - intentionally or not.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 20, 2002 03:42AM

Thinking further about that-Alex- wrote:
Slowing
> down on the racing line on that part of the circuit, with
> huge amounts of spray, is just asking for trouble -
> intentionally or not.
>
>

Thinking further about that, and to return to the topic: quite dangerous driving by Rubens last week, wasn't it? Slowing down on the racing line like that?

LOL
Date: May 20, 2002 08:07AM
Posted by: Vader
Lots of DOUBLE MEGA LOLs at Bruno ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 20, 2002 01:58PM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

LOL!!!!! Thats very true!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy