FERRARI - WTF!!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: FERRARI - WTF!!!!
Date: May 12, 2002 01:17PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Are we talking about the same MS that is a super human talent? who can win races in a inferior car?

Yup.

hope alex and zahirre can still cheer on MS after this debarcle

Sure. He showed great sportsmanship on the podium, refraining from showing any kind of glory in his "victory". He knew as well as anyone that he didn't deserve it.

if MS cannot win the race in a car that is head and shoulders above the competition, then he does not deserve it.

I knew this would happen also. And it's said that MS fans are predictable, huh? This is one Grand Prix out of god knows how many that Schumacher has been handed a victory, and immediately you jump to the conclusion that he can't be as good as everyone thinks. Pathetic.

Michael showed he didn't approve of the situation, and he was obviously sincere. Of course, deep down, he will have wanted the victory (wouldn't anyone) which is probably why he gave the throttle that last squeeze to edge ahead of Rubens.

It's simple stuff. He showed his dissaproval, and he showed regret at the situation, and he gave all the honours and glory to Barrichello.

At the end of the day, it's fruitless arguing and getting all worked up over it, because it's done and I'm sure Ferrari (who are the bad guys here) have learnt their lesson.

It's a shame the race had to end this way, but it did. Barrichello was faster than Schumacher all weekend. Now that's pretty much never happened before, with any teammate of Michael's. Barrichello has proved his class, but it was at a track where Schumacher is, as Rosenthal pointed out, "vunerable", and it is his weakpoint. We saw that in qualifying. He was over-driving, which is rare. And it just didn't work out that weekend.

By no means did he deserve that victory, but you have to look at the championship as a whole to see what's going on. Let's see what happens for the rest of the season. If Rubens does this at every race then fair enough, Ferrari blundered big time, and Barrichello will prove himself faster than MS. If Schumacher continues his domination like in the previous rounds then it will merely go down in history as a bad day for Ferrari, which they will regret, but not to the point of despair.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 12, 2002 01:18PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
Date: May 12, 2002 01:37PM
Posted by: LS.
MS deserves a mention in next years oscars for the acting perfomance he put on today, he certainly fooled most people.

PS , try to get to hot and bothered alex, we have known what a "sportsman" MS has been, it must have come as quite a shock for you today

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 12, 2002 01:48PM
Posted by: _Alex_
The only guys who should be hot and bothered are people who hate to see Schumacher win - i.e. YOU

It was certainly a shock to see what happened today, but only Ferraris moves. I was impressed with Schumi's behaviour on the podium and thought it appropriate.

Why should I be a hot and bothered Schumacher fan when he's just extended his championship lead to more than double Montoya's? I'm also a fan of Barrichello so while it was strange, it was a good result anyway.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 12, 2002 01:54PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
Btw LOL @ Ls` pic of the podium not at alex answer

Date: May 12, 2002 02:05PM
Posted by: chris
I honestly cannot believe anyone could take MS seriously on the podium. I'm sure he's very sorry it happened.

Did'nt ferrari once say they would ask RB to move over at anytime...except if RB was winning? That's what James Allen said.

Talking of James Allen, did you hear the disbelief in his voice? He could'nt believe Ferrari would stoop SO low. And neither can I frankly. I mean, we all knew they use team orders to help MS, but after RB was comprehensively kicking Mr Chin?

Its just unbelievable...actually its hillarious.

Its hillarious because nothing will happen about it, the fia will do nothing whatso ever.

Ralf's expression summed up everything for me. If you can't remember it, watch the highlights tonight...it was classic.
It basically said "Michael, what are you doing? You don't need this win...HE does! (RB)"

I swear, tommorrow's papers will be a joy to read.

Chris J
Date: May 12, 2002 03:23PM
Posted by: matthewp
btw. most of the press conference was not broadcast (at least not on ITV) if you haven't heard it go here
[www.grandprix.com]
it makes pretty interesting reading, my personal favourite:

Q: Michael do you want to win the world championship because you are the best racer or because you have got the best contract?
MS: (No comment)
Date: May 12, 2002 03:26PM
alex must being wearing his marenello blinkers again to think that MS's gesture was anything but

if he'd have wanted RB to have won, he would have backed off enough to ensure that RB crossed the line first.

all that bull.@!#$ in the pressroom was cover his own back

what was MS worried about anyway? if he did'nt agree with what JT apparently asked him (yeah right) why did he not think " hang on I've been out classed all weekend, why not let RB get the win"

was he worried he might have been sacked?

load of hogwash

only the ferrari fans will beleive this bollocks

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 12, 2002 06:14PM
Posted by: JC
Ferrari will most definately get away with it because the FIA never seems to take action agaisnt Ferrari........... How fair is that.......... Schumacher's so called sportsmanshipafter the race was top class acting, he thinks anybody with half a brain would believe his act....... You all seem to forget how much power and influence Schumacher has at the Ferrari team, u seriously think he had no choice at all but listen to the orders from the team, Schumacher had a choice of either pass Barachello and win or slow right down and not pass Barachello.........

Schumacher can do whatever he wants at Ferrari because he's probably the best driver ever and he is increadably valuble to the Ferrari team and as a result they would do whatever he wants and he can do whatever he wants and what can the team do to stop him????? Sack him???? highly unlikely......... Schumacher might even agreed to it near the end of the race, he is not like other drivers who have no say in team matters during races, Schumacher unlike other drivers has a lot of influence on the team orders.........

Schumacher had to blame the team to attempt to stop people from getting too mad at him, because he is famous he needs fans and he needs to be able to sell merchandising to keep his bank account happy lol......

Personally i was shocked and was in total disbelief when it happened....

Nothing would happen anyways soooooo oh well

- JC

Date: May 12, 2002 06:33PM
its funny that a small number of ferrari fans will no doubt defend what has happened, but looking around the internet and forums, everyone bar the few ferarri fans are condemning what happened

wait til tomorrow mornings papers come out & we will see that it will be condemned globally as well, even in italy

what they have done is create more harm to the sport that is currently experiencing financial difficulties.

the viewing figures are at a all time low because of the loss of excitement and people not tuning in becasue they know that theres little or no overtaking in the sport

i bet bernie ecclestone is'nt too chuffed about the image of F1 at this moment in time as a direct result of ferrari's tactics

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 12, 2002 07:23PM
Posted by: JC
This just tarnishes the image of F1........

Its also seems like only Ferrari actually have those extreme team orders, no other team this season have policies like that either.....

-JC

Date: May 12, 2002 07:38PM
only the the true racers that dominated the 90's williams and mclaren

ferrari are so desperate that they must succeed, they have to impose teams orders into the first quater of a season

perhaps that is why we saw titanic battle between williams drivers & mclaren drivers in the later years.

ferrari are so desperate to bring success to the italians that they have shown no respect ot very sport they are particpating in

they are a disgrace to the sporting nature of the essence of what has gone before them

for gods sake have a bit of composure & dignity !!!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 13, 2002 12:04AM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
I am completely disgusted with Ferrari's decision to let Schumacher past and take the win!

Rubens had the rest of the field completely outclasssed, he was and always will be the man of the race, and because of Ferrari's complete and utter bias, poor old Rubens still gets the @!#$ end of the stick and still winds up second.

I would make you wonder if Schumacher got knocked out at the first corner, if he would immediately run back to the pits, get in the spare car (despite all the rules), and drive in the race regardless..and Rubens would still be obliged to let him through to get more points!

I've always been aware of the Schumacher factor...one rule for him, and one rule for everyone else, but this decision oversteps the line.

In response, this will be my last post under the name of "TeamFerrari", I'm officially changing my "name" on this forum, to "Rubeno", as I still reckon that Rubens is the better driver than M. Schumacher.

Go Brazil!! I'm fed up with hearing the German anthem all the frickin time!
Date: May 13, 2002 01:19AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Just after the Spanish GP, i was talking with Chris on MSN. I said that Im glad i didnt watch the Spanish GP as the news reports said it was more of a parade than a race. I have also said many times that F1 is slowly going down the drain. Well Austria can not be called a parade. Nor can it be called a race tho.You know, the corwed knew, micheal knew, Ross Brawn knew that RB deserved the win and out drove MS all weekend. Was it really a "race"? Well according to Ross Brawn it was never a race.

"We told the drivers not to race each other"

Of course, toehrwise RB would have pissed on MS right from the start

"So how can that be called a fair fight?"

It cant, and as long as MS is in the team you will always fasvour him and no fight will be fair. But of course, who in there right mind would want a sprot to be FAIR?????

"The team controlled the whole race"

Controlling the race? Well thats bullshit cos Willaims passed them a couple of times so hes talking out of his arse there.

Anyway, isnt controlling the race illegal? Like match fixing in football?

"You cant call that a race"

Nope Ross, you cant. It wasnt a race, Ferrari knew that MS would win if RB was in the lead. In 1998 i stayed up all night for the australian GP. I was VERY angry when DC move over. Austria 2002 was different, it was worse, it was a "joke".98 was a gentelmans decision between 2 drivers. Austria was a joke. 21 point lead was it? And still they feel the need to move over RB? They felt the need to STEAL the win and 4 points from RB?

Ferrari have sunk to a new low and unfortunatly have taken the entire F1 industry with them

I have said lots of times that F1 is slowly going down the drain. and needs to get more exciting. Well its not longer going down the drain, its waaaaay down it now. F1 is being dominated by a team which refuses to play fair. Ferrari have effectivly fixed F1, it is no longer a SPORT when the drivers are not allowed to commpeat for a win.

As an F1 i feel very cheated. Cheated as Ferrari have shown that it is now more of a business than a sport. I cant imagine how annoyed the fans at the race felt. They boo'd Schumacher and Ferrari. I woudlnt have. I would have started throwing things at the bastards.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 13, 2002 01:41AM
Posted by: Skywal_ker
I too am disgusted with Ferrari!

However, I agree with Alex that MS isn't to blame. If you are being paid millions of dollars by someone, and they tell you to do something, then it's only fair to them that you do what they ask.

At the same time, just because it appears that MS is obviously sincere about being sorry for what he had to do, doesn't necessarily mean that he really is. And although he has lied outright about something in the past, (see MS/Mika pre-F1 debate), doesn't mean that he can't be honest ever again.

The point is that until he admits that some blame should be placed on him for this outrageous doing, then I will believe what he has to say about it being out of his hands.

Skywal_ker

All that glitters is not gold, but at least it contains free electrons!!!
Date: May 13, 2002 02:32AM
Yo Sup

"his is one Grand Prix out of god knows how many that Schumacher has been handed a victory, and immediately you jump to the conclusion that he can't be as good as everyone thinks."

actaully since the 2002 Ferrari was given to RB, RB has been faster than MS and MS has had to take RBs car or take RBs setup, so its several recent races acatully.

MS has said he allows himself one mistake per year yes? Well he made it in qalifying by spinning. So no more mistakes Micheal, be carefull

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 13, 2002 02:49AM
Yo Sup

Does anyone have an email address with which you can contact the FIA in any way?

I searched through fia.com and found nothing usefull. The only way for our complaints as fans to be heard is to go to the very top like that. The FANS are what is important to F1, without the fans F1 would not exsist. Why should we have to put up with this? Without us there would be no F1, we should not get treated like this.

Date: May 13, 2002 03:59AM
Posted by: jonah
Personally, I'm astonished that even the most blinkered Schumacher fan can believe what he said at the press conference and that his actions on the podium were nothing but a weak damage limitation gesture. This is a man who will do ANYTHING to win ( ramming Damon Hill out of the race to take the championship in Adelaide in 1994 after he'd been forced into a mistake, then denying he did so (about that incident, Damon has written "I simply had not understood how far some drivers - and one in particular - would go in order to win";); doing likewise to Villeneuve at Jerez in 1997). This man has so much power at Ferrari (rumours that he'll take over from Todt when he retires) that he MUST have had some input into the decision. Even if, as he bleats, he didn't , he could have slowed and gestured RB to cross first. There's no denying the man's talent as a driver, but he has the added advantage of so much being weighed in his favour at Ferrari.
My own view on team orders is that they should be outlawed (although admittedly difficult to impose such a ban). They take away the thrill of seeing two drivers from the same team battle it out (anyone remember the epic battles between Prost and Senna at McLaren back in the eighties, when F1 was REAL racing).
Date: May 13, 2002 08:23AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
This I found on itv-f1.com: MS said:

"The way Rubens drove today, he will win a lot of races. I just hope the championship is won soon so we can then go racing again."

Seems F1 isn't about racing, it's a matter of clinching the title soon enough, so you can race afterwards. Kinda like first work, then play...

Is that a$$hole really telling us here that all those racefans out there should just wait untill MS gets what he wants, and then turn on the TV??

I'd say the fia just disqualify MS. The race got its rightful winner, Ferrari and MS are punished, and the championship might gain some more excitement (we can always hope). We might even get to see a last race showdown. We all read Alex likes it, so everybody can be happy with a decision like that!
Date: May 13, 2002 08:36AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
The FIA might also:

- Take away Ferraris 16 pts
- Give MS a 0.183 s time penalty

=> RB wins with the smallest difference ever, drivers get the points they deserved, and Ferrari are punished for what they did. case closed.

If Ferrari can manipulate results like that, I'm sure the FIA can!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy