FERRARI - WTF!!!!
Date: May 12, 2002 07:40AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
You know what im talking about

I cant believe it - that is just so stupid

Re: FERRARI - WTF!!!!
Date: May 12, 2002 07:47AM
Posted by: matthewp
that was outrageous, I really thought they would let him keep his win, he showed Shumi the way all weekend and desereved it, I already disliked Ferrari but they have severely gone down in my estimation today
Date: May 12, 2002 08:08AM
Posted by: _Alex_
That was outrageous, I can't believe it.

However (and I know I'll be shat on for saying this) you've got to remember that Michael Schumacher is not the villain here. Ferrari, the guys high up, they are the bad guys.

It's a real shame. We all know that Rubens won that race. I'm glad Schumi showed such sportsmanship.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 12, 2002 08:10AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
It's a disgrace. I can't believe it! What a load of *ssholes packed together.
I don't even know how you can be such a dickhead to actually pass your teammate like that for victory.
And why??? MS is already way ahead in the championship. Why not try to make sure Barrichello gets in front too? What if MS breaks a leg (which would be terrific)?
Date: May 12, 2002 08:13AM
Posted by: _Alex_
What if MS breaks a leg (which would be terrific)?

See this is the sort of @!#$ that's expected from no-brainers like you Bruno. It is an outrage but comments like that are ludicrous. If you don't have the brains to make sensible contributions then just don't bother at all.

I'm not in any way in favour of what Ferrari have done, but still, you just make me sick saying things like that.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 12, 2002 08:16AM
Posted by: chris
Bruno, I agree. Schumi's gestures where shallow and pointless. He didnt have to pass RB, he basically owns ferrari.

I really hate them now.

And get this for irony - Jean Todt, the SPORTING DIRECTOR gave the order!!

cos that's sporting!

Chris J
Date: May 12, 2002 08:17AM
Don't agree about the leg though...that's just nasty.

Chris J
Date: May 12, 2002 08:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
ERm im with Alex here - If you look at the post race interview neither Driver wanted to do it. What more could Schumi do - he was under orders from his team and Montezemolo and todt ovbiously thought it would help the team.

I agree its complete @!#$ but MS is not to blame for this its ferrari, and there are some ppl here that have to think before posting

Date: May 12, 2002 08:29AM
So you're saying MS can't break a leg or something? He's proven that he can though!

And yes, it's Ferraris fault, but it's still MS who passed Barrichello, not Jean Todt, not Di Montezemelo, not Ross Brawn. If MS was the great sportsman people like Alex say he is, he wouldn't have passed him. What would Ferrari do? kick him out :)

It isn't helping the team in any ways. Lots of supporters feel robbed, so there goes popularity. Rubens tries not to show it, but I know it's got to tear him apart inside. And MS makes a complete fool out of himself. Not to mention a scandalous way to ruin the sport.

What have Ferrari won? nothing! MS got 4 pts extra, Ferrari 0.
Date: May 12, 2002 08:32AM
Posted by: Mark
some people think everything is ms fault even when he isn't in on it,no-one disagrees it was rubens victory,but to blame michael is pointles,ms plays the tean game as he showed when he gave away victory to eddie irvine in 99 in malaysia.
so if he was only in it for himself he wouldn't of gave away his victory,besides ferrari have done no worse than mclaren switching dc in australia in 98 and having an agreement with williams not to attack jacques v in jerez 97 in exchange for a mika win,it's not nice i don't agree with it but don't just make ferrari guilty and certainly don't blame ms
Date: May 12, 2002 08:43AM
Just saying MS an Ferrari had nothing to gain here, which wasn't the case in Sepang '99. As for Australia '98, you're probably right, although the circumstances were completely different. Jerez '97 isn't comparable, as are Ferrari and McLaren tactics.
Date: May 12, 2002 08:52AM
Posted by: Xero
I find it plain down pathetic!!!!!! MS wasn't too pleased either (or so it seemed!)... what Ferrari did to RB was simply shocking!!! MS could have slowed down and waved RB on, after all, he was told that RB would move over! If MS was totally against it, he would have slowed down and waved him on, and further more, tell Ferrari to stick their f*#king team orders up their a$$es!!!!! He didn't do that, which means he was partly for it... and in the post-match interview, he rambled on about what could happen in future races!!! SHUT IT YOU PRAT!!!!! His actions on the podium was a joke!!! RB was robbed... and as far as this new contract goes... I know what I would do with it if I was Rubens!!!!

Further more, hearing the fans react like that was music to my ears!!!! I hope the fans continue to do so for the remainder of this patheticly fixed season!!!

Date: May 12, 2002 10:06AM
Posted by: matthewp
Australia 98 was different, Hakkinen would have won if there wasn't a communication problem leading to him pitting when there was no need, Hakkinen deserved to win that race but Rubens most definetatly deserved to win this one.
Date: May 12, 2002 10:30AM
Posted by: Beardless2
FFS, that was sooooooooooo unfair. its not as if anyone is fighting schu for the title

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: May 12, 2002 10:31AM
"So you're saying MS can't break a leg or something? He's proven that he can though!"

WTF are you talking about?! We all know its possible to, but to wish injury on any driver is a scummy thing to do. Would you say the same about Sato? Just cos you don't like MS is no reason to say things like that.

Chris J
Re: FERRARI - WTF!!!! BOOO!!!!
Date: May 12, 2002 10:48AM
Posted by: JC
Schumacher had a choice, if he didn't want to win like that then he could have slowed down and try not to over take Barachello. Schumacher not having a say in the matter, i doubt it........... Of course Schumacher had to do that good deed on the podium because otherwise there would be hell to pay because of the media.......... oh well........ Schumi is gonna see a drop in his merchandise sales lol........

Ferrari should not be allowed to do that because its not right and its sportman like conduct............ I doubt that the FIA would do anything about it because Ferrari always gets things their way and the other teams would never be able to get away with a stunt like that......

Theres more politics ihn Formula One then in the houses of commons!! jeeeeeez ............ What has Formula One turned into i mean how fair was that........ Hell if that happeend in football (soccer) it would be deemed a illegal and a criminal act, but isb't it the same for formula one, because in a way u are still fixing the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari's behaviour should not be condoned by the FIA, it is not what any sports should be like..................... Oh well..............

BOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSS @ the guyz up top at Ferrari and Schumacher too......... and as long as Barachello is number 2 at Ferrari he would never win anything!!!!!

- JC

Date: May 12, 2002 11:35AM
Good race though.

JV did VERY well...I was sad to see him not get a point, god knows he deserved one today. He drove a superb race. The move on dc was quality!

Can't help feeling that without drive thru penalty, he'd have been 5th.

Ah well...

Chris J
Date: May 12, 2002 12:31PM
Posted by: LS.
Are we talking about the same MS that is a super human talent? who can win races in a inferior car?

i'm only suprised that MS did'nt do the dirty deed that he did 2 races ago and take RB's car off him before the race.

and are we really supposed to beleive that MS did'nt want to win that race? bollocks, i bet he was never off that radio telling JT to give the orde to pull over.

MS is'nt stupid enough to say in front off millions of viewers that he agreed with what the team did, millions may i add that are dwindling from the veiwing figures yearly, and this "sportsmanship" is adding it

if MS cannot win the race in a car that is head and shoulders above the competition, then he does not deserve it.

ferrari suck big time, i hope the FIA fine them for bringing the sport into disrepute

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 12, 2002 12:39PM
heres what ITV-F1 had to say

In race that will go down as the most disgraceful manipulation of a grand prix result in the sport's history Michael Schumacher was handed Sunday's Austrian Grand Prix by Rubens Barrichello.

The Brazilian had the measure of his four-times world champion team-mate all weekend. After leading from start-to-finish, despite strong pressure from Schumacher, Barrichello looked to have the race in the bag - that is until the final 50 yards.

The Brazilian throttled back and waived Schumacher past in the run up to the line in a carbon copy of last year's Austrian debacle where Barrichello did the same thing. However, then it was only for second place. This time it was for a victory.

Ferrari should be called to account for their actions by the sport's governing body the FIA. Don't hold your breath, though.

hope alex and zahirre can still cheer on MS after this debarcle

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 12, 2002 12:48PM

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy