FERRARI - WTF!!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: FERRARI - WTF!!!!
Date: May 13, 2002 09:30AM
Posted by: LS.
i think they should disqualify both of them and take away the points & constructors points.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 13, 2002 09:38AM
Posted by: chris
Why Rubens?

I can understand MS' points removal, but not RB's. He just signed a new contract, he has no power to say no to Ross Brawn, but MS does. Therefore MS and ferrari should be punished.

MS - 0
Ferrari - 0
RB - 6

Chris J
Date: May 13, 2002 12:00PM
hit the fuckin lot of em i say, that way they'll all know where they stand, although RB did deserve the win IMHO he still signed a new 2 year contract on the understanding that he had to move over when told to.

so he's as guilty as the rest because he knew what is expected of him

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 13, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: Vader
If we are talking about if MS can break his leg or not - how tasteless this may be - I must say in Bruno's defense that Schumi himself said it in defense of the teamorder: "Even if I don't agree with it, remember 1999. If something like this happens again (=breaking my leg) we need all the points". So if he is talking about himself ...

You don't actually believe that Jean Twat surprised MS just before the last corner, ' ... ah yes, Michael, I just decided you can pass RB now ...'
RB had slowed down over the last three laps. MS must have known about this plan before, so he could have said 'No, I don't want to win like that'.

If I was RB I would have said on the posium, 'Put your trophy were the monkey keeps his nuts'.

(If this has been said before, I apoligize, I just had no time to go through this whole thread.)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 13, 2002 12:55PM
Posted by: _Alex_
They boo'd Schumacher and Ferrari. I woudlnt have. I would have started throwing things at the bastards.

Well yes, that just says it all doesn't it.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 13, 2002 01:23PM
Posted by: Vader
And, if MS really disapproved of winning this way, why did he f**king raise his hands in a gesture of triumph after getting the chequered flag? It was only after realizing the fan's reaction when he decided to play muppet-show on the podium. This was quite obviously just a PR gag. Where was the any Ferrari official on the podium to take the constructor's trophy? They do not only suck big time, they suck all time.
Did you see how RS looked at his brother? This says all. He did not look at Jean Twat, he looked at Michael this way. RS will certainly know why.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 14, 2002 01:21AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"They boo'd Schumacher and Ferrari. I woudlnt have. I would have started throwing things at the bastards.

Well yes, that just says it all doesn't it."

yeah pretty much

It displays my anger, disgust, annoyance, disappointment that Ferrari have taken IMO the worlds greatest sport and turned it into a sham. They fixed the race, theres no denying it. Im sick of there cheating and since the FIA can get there heads out of Ferraris ass's for 10 fuckin seconds nothing is going to be done bout it!!

Why the @!#$ do Ferrari get away with @!#$ like this? eh? Really? Come on someone give me a good answer? Is it cos they have Micheal "god" Schumacher behind the wheel? FFS!!!!!!! So what if hes the mest is SOME peoples OPINIONS, does this mean that him and his team should get away with everything and be allowed to do @!#$ like this?

However made that decsion (Dimontizemlo, Todt (or Twat as Vader called him), Brawn) they are a heartless bastard. Stealing a great win from Barrichello just cos MS couldnt keep up with him that day.

MS didnt have to pass RB, we all know he could have stayed behind. Drivers dont always stick to team orders. The one that springs to mind is Gille Villenuve vs........was it Pironi in the Ferraris at Imola? Pironi was ordered to stay behind, he didnt, he passed GV on the last lap and won.

They shouldnt have to stick to team orders. Obviously if Ferrari resign a driver they must think hes pretty good really? So why not give him the chance to show it?

RB and every F1 fan around the world was screwed on Sunday.

Ferrari took cheating to a new low there. They took points away from THERE OWN DRIVER. Thats just plain sad

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 14, 2002 02:41AM
if ferrari are bringing in team orders after the 5 th round of the season, how is rubens ever likely to be allowed a victory, nevermind a stab at the world title?

ferarri say if rubens is fast enough to challenge michael then he will allowed to race him,

we saw MS absolutely out classed in every session, but still was gifted the points

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 14, 2002 08:31AM
Posted by: JC
FIA should award Rubens the full 10 points and take away all of schumachers points and fine ferrari...........

Date: May 14, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: JC
What would Ferrari do next??? Order Rubens to take out opponents for Schumacher lol..............

I truely do believe that Ferrari won't get away with it because there is so much hype and anger towards what Ferrari did, they can't ignore the fans and the negative media coverage........

But if the FIA do do something about it then its a shame that they would only do something about it only because of the massive public anger.

Date: May 16, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
The FIA had better penalise Ferrari and/or MS, 'cos I know where my anger would be directed to if they don't!!

JC, I reckon FIA will ignore the fans and the negative media coverage, because it's all to do with money. THE END! Ferrari will slip a few million Euros under the table, the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone (if he is involved somewhere) will politely turn their heads in the other direction, and the problem will be neatly resolved without any retribution whatsoever.

But, hopefully, what I'd like to see is Ferrari and Michael Schumacher lose all their points up to and including Austria, and lets see if they still have this massive desire for MS to win his 5th WC and Ferrari their 4th(3rd?) in a row.

I'm seriously thinking about turning my back on F1 and going back to a life of CART motor racing instead. Hey, at least in CART, they have about 10 or so race winners in a year! And there's overtaking!! And there's helmet cam!! For God sakes Rubens, GO TO CART!!!!! Nigel Mansell went there, he was great!!!

Rubens, leave Ferrari while you still can!!!
Date: May 16, 2002 08:02AM
Posted by: chris
Rubeno, I'm not sure ferrari are quite that rich...

Also, I heard the FIA were more angry about the podium swapping than the actual incident. I think that the FIA know they must punish ferrari for the incident but cos its not exactly illegal, can't. The podium is the only way they can punish...or so they think.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 17, 2002 01:22AM
Yo Sup

"What would Ferrari do next??? Order Rubens to take out opponents for Schumacher lol.............."

nah, MS can do it without help ;)

"I'm seriously thinking about turning my back on F1 and going back to a life of CART motor racing instead."

I have been thinking the same thing since Imola. CART is miles more exciting than watching fixed F1 races

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 17, 2002 09:17AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Another interesting thing about this: Ferrari claim they took the decision because they've lost too many championships by small margins. That is pure bullsh*t since:

In '97 they were right up there, but MS messed up

'98 was pretty much the same. MS lost 10 points in Spa cause he was stupid enough to hit the back of DC, and at the championship decider in Suzuka, he stalled the engine. So again, MS at fault.

'99 could have seen Ferrari clinch it if they hadn't used the same tactics they are using now. Wasn't Irvine driving much better when MS wasn't around? First two races without MS were won by Eddie (although that second was actually Salo's, he still beat the McLaren ther).

2002: who knows what 'll happen next. I just think it's more probable that Rubens will need the points for 2nd place than MS needs them. Add a freefall in popularity to that and I don't think Ferrari can be too happy at the end...
Date: May 17, 2002 01:38PM
In '97 they were right up there, but MS messed up

They were only up there because Schumacher dragged them up there.

'98 was pretty much the same.

To say that Ferrari were up there in 1998 is just ludicrous. That Ferrari was at least 1 second off the pace of the McLarens all year. Schumacher wasn't. He closed the 1 second difference to take the championship down to the wire.

MS lost 10 points in Spa cause he was stupid enough to hit the back of DC, and at the championship decider in Suzuka, he stalled the engine. So again, MS at fault.

I've tried to reserve some credit for you Bruno but now I give up. Do you really think DC is free of blame for the Spa incident? Schumacher was totally dominating, and had been stuck behind a pathetically slow and weaving Coulthard for about 6 laps. The McLaren was accelerating hard out of corners and not giving Michael any room to pass. Then all of a sudden Coulthard doesn't accelerate hard, but instead lifts off, on the racing line, hidden in a ball of spray, and what a surprise, Schumacher is caught unawares and hits the back of him.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 17, 2002 01:57PM
alex i think your getting a bit sidetracked in defending MS, who in the right sane mind would invite a projectile travelling at 100mph to hit them from behind??

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 17, 2002 02:04PM
Yo Sup

I'll use Alex own argument agaisnt him here

"Do you really think DC is free of blame for the Spa incident?"

Well im sure hes managed to pass ppl in the wet before so why not this time?

"The McLaren was accelerating hard out of corners and not giving Michael any room to pass."

Thats generally what you do, accelrate hard out of corners?

"but instead lifts off, on the racing line, hidden in a ball of spray, and what a surprise, Schumacher is caught unawares and hits the back of him."

Well if MS cant see DC in front, how can you expect DC to see MS in the tiny mirrors? MS would be able to see more than DC!!

DC was TOLD TO LIFT OFF!!! How many times have we been through this one, he followed the EXACT oreders from the team, thats why there was nothing done when it was presented to the FIA!!!

Date: May 17, 2002 02:07PM
just because MS does things like this delibrately, unfortunately alex believes this to be the same with other driver apparently

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 18, 2002 02:25AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Right on. Sound lot like Brazil. It's of course impossible to get blaimed when you hit someone from behind.

Seems to me it doesn't matter who's behind. If MS hits someone in the back, the other guy is at fault.
If MS gets hit in the back, it's again the other guy...
Date: May 18, 2002 03:22AM
Seems to me it doesn't matter who's behind. If MS hits someone in the back, the other guy is at fault.
If MS gets hit in the back, it's again the other guy...

Brazil was on the first lap. Montoya was angry having screwed up turn one, and was trying to make a pass in a gap that wasn't there.

At Spa, Coulthard was being lapped. Generally, in such terrential conditions as there were at Spa, back-markers should get out the way quickly. Coulthard had literally been blocking Schumacher. On several occasions, the Ferrari had stuck it's nose into a gap only to have the McLaren slam the door. Schumacher had been stuck behind Coulthard for up to six laps, the Scotsman showing no sign of letting the Ferrari through. This is bad enough in itself.

So, why should Schumacher be expecting the McLaren to lift off at potentially one of the most dangerous and fastest points on the circuit. How many other occasions could Coulthard have lifted off. On the Kemel straight, into La Source, on the exit of La Source, into the Bus-stop.....etc. Countless opportunities to let the Ferrari through safely. But no, DC choses to lift off on in a fast curve, having just exited a fast corner. This doesn't really make sense does it? Likewise, it probably didn't make much sense to Schumacher, which is why he was clearly surprised to find this McLaren cruising along all of a sudden, on the racing line. That's another point - why was he on the racing line. At a curve like that, it's the back-marker's responsibility to put his car in a position to let the driver lapping them through safely, i.e. off the racing line.

Well if MS cant see DC in front, how can you expect DC to see MS in the tiny mirrors? MS would be able to see more than DC!!

DC knew the score. He knew where he was going to lift off. He knew where Schumacher would be. Schumacher didn't know where he was going to lift off. After all, why should Coulthard chose to suddenly lift off at that particular point, having not done so for six laps?

who in the right sane mind would invite a projectile travelling at 100mph to hit them from behind??

A sensless person. Coulthard's actions were pretty stupid. Lifting off on the racing line on a fast curve, knowing full well that the trailing Ferrari's view was obstructed by his own spray - whether he'd thought about it or not, it was a senseless action.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy