I know this will start an argument but....

Posted by Ellis 
Re: I know this will start an argument but....
Date: March 13, 2002 01:37PM
Posted by: LS.
So LS, what do you have to say about the Spanish GP of 1996? Oh, you can't remember, it, nothing special about it? Go and look in your cupboard for the video... *yeah right*

whats that supposed to mean?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 13, 2002 01:38PM
Oh, an incredible wet-weather Schumacher victory. What can I say about this? Oh dear, there really are no excuses... he blew the socks off everyone else in a CRAP car.

Ah yes it was all down to Ross Brawn. Wait a minute, no he had nothing to do with it because Schumi was so far ahead that he pitted and nobody even passed him.

is that all you can come up with? 1 race LOL

you'll have to better than that

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 13, 2002 01:38PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"The Benetton was also a very good car, and more than a match for the Ferrari, which, to be fair, was a complete dog"

How can the Benetton be good and match the Ferrari if it is a dog of a car? How can two things the same be different?

The Ferrari wasnt as bad as you are trying to make out!!

About Trulli - Ms said "fair, maybe" - in F1/press terms he knows/you know/the press know that maybe is a way to saying "no he wasnt fair" without careating to much controversy! Ron Dennis does it every bloody race, its PR speak really!

"Coulthard for 90% of the race just sat behind Bernoldi" soory but DC wasnt even behind Bernoldi for 90% of the race

Jeeze, if we want to talk botu good preformances why not Monaco 01 qualifying? If MS in the nest car, best team and hes the master of the track donest take pole, and DC in a worse car, a worse team, and you claim is a worse driver can take pole how come he doesnt get credit for that?

Portugal 94
Monza 94
Portugal 95
Monza 95
Spa 95 (DC would have well won in the willaims gearbox didnt go u in smoke.

Come on? Why doesnt he get credit for that?

"2002: Last year's car, victory number 10 for it in Oz. Oh no sorry, it was Bridgestone's victory, not Schumi's"

I love this one

If MS didnt have a bad start he would have been in that accident. Yeah so he took to the gravel in avoidance, so did Kimi and a few others, did they get the credit you gave to MS? No, you act like only MS did it

DC car has gearbox problems, Trulli spins in front on him,and the Michelins werent as good as the bridgestones, thats a FACT. The bridgestones are practiclly designed around the Ferrari, they tested them all last year, they know the tyre, they know there own car inside out, and all the other teams are in new cars and discovering what they can do

OF COURSE FERRARI WILL HAVE AN ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!! Last years? So what! The rules are the same, theres no real room for progression or loop-holes, of course Ferrari will have an adv. But if MS hadent been so bloody lucky then he wouldnt have won that, no bloody way!

Actaully, Alex is right bout Hill, he didnt do it on purpose, but he could have to bring the gap in the championship down.

The Ferrari in 96 wasnt bad, hoe can anyone say it was bad? It was still one of the top 3 teams, and probably just as good if not better than the benetton!! It was miles better than McLaren, Jordan and all the rest of them, it wasnt a bad car!!

he didnt blow everyone away. We all expected him to do better than JV, he had done how many races in the wet before? He beat Hill, Berger, Alesi. Hill arsed up with mechanical problems, which he did admit he should have been able to overcome.

Explain why that Ferrari was "crap" then? You cant cos compared to the others on the grid it wasnt crap, it was one of the best!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 13, 2002 02:08PM
Yo Sup

Dam you LS, you got two posts in whilst i was typing one!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 13, 2002 02:38PM
Posted by: _Alex_
MORE than a match for the Ferrari

Do me the courtesy of actually reading my post please.

whats that supposed to mean?

I was particularly referring to a while back when I mentioned Hungary 1998. Despite the fact that you knew bloody well what happened in that race, you pretended to have forgotten all about it, know doubt in an attempt to subtly condemn it. Any F1 fan should know exactly what happened in that legendary race.

is that all you can come up with? 1 race LOL - you'll have to better than that

You asked for it...

1992:

Belgium GP - Great first victory

1993:

Portugese GP - Takes full advantage of the situation to win

1994: In a car just slightly slower than the Williams, takes title after missing three races!

Brazilian GP - pressured the great Senna into a mistake
Pacific GP
San Marino GP
Monaco GP
Canadian GP
French GP
Hungarian GP
European GP

1995: In similar cars, again thrashes Hill and wins title No. 2

Brazilian GP - wins a direct fight with Hill and Coulthard
Spanish GP
Monaco GP - over a second a lap quicker than anyone in the race
French GP
German GP
Belgium GP - wins from 16th - on slicks in the wet - mastery at work
European GP - catches Alesi and overtakes in style
Pacific GP
Japanese GP

1996: Three miracle wins in poor car.

Spanish GP - well what do we have here then?
Belgium GP - Another great win in a poor car
Italian GP - Three wins in this car is no luck

1997: Some of the best performances ever this year. Title charge in inferior car.

Monaco GP - ridiculously fast in inferior car. More wet-weather mastery
Canadian GP
French GP - I'm beginning to think this guy is quite quick in the wet
Belgium GP - 1 minute in the lead after 6 racing laps? Must be the tyres.
Japanese GP - Irvine has to have the credit for this

1998: See 1997.

Argentinian GP - Miracle man
Canadian GP
French GP
British GP - Again, blows everyone off in the wet, and wins in the pits!
Hungarian GP - what on earth happened at this race? 25 secs in 19 laps
Italian GP - Forza Schumi

1999:

San Marino GP
Monaco GP

2000:

Australian GP - The start of the hatrick
Brazilian GP
San Marino GP
European GP - Who could stop him? Nobody, not even those McLarens
Canadian GP - Barrichello should have won
Italian GP
USA GP - And you say Schumi can't overtake
Japanese GP - wet on slicks, more mastery from Schumi
Malaysian GP - a walk in the park

2001:

Australian GP
Malaysian GP - Nobody could touch him
Spanish GP - No luck here. Using his god-like powers he made Hakk retire.
Monaco GP
European GP
French GP
Hungarian GP - Champ No. 4 - this time last year he only had 2.
Belgium GP
Japanese GP - 7 tenths quicker than anyone in qualifying. Senna-like.

2002:

Australian GP - Schumi didn't need to be there. His tyres drove the car for him.

Well sorry but that is all I can come up with. Only 54 I'm afraid. LOL.

If MS in the nest car, best team and hes the master of the track donest take pole, and DC in a worse car, a worse team, and you claim is a worse driver can take pole how come he doesnt get credit for that?

I've never not given credit for that. That was a fantastic lap. Shame about the race.

Come on? Why doesnt he get credit for that?

He does. But it's not much compared to Schumacher, is it?

Explain why that Ferrari was "crap" then? You cant cos compared to the others on the grid it wasnt crap, it was one of the best!

Irvine retires 9 times on the trot. Schumi blows up on the warm-up lap in France after taking pole. This article explains why the Ferrari F310 was so poor...

"Unfortunately the car arrived late to its first shakedown and lacked immediate reliability. The first part of the season wasn't very good. The F310 demonstrated to be a partially wrong project. The engine was too young to be reliable as a lot of mechanical parts of the chassis and some important components of the package, especially spacer and gearbox, were too weak to resisit the new high vibrations of the 045 V10. The damage was done: poor aerodynamical efficiency, nervous beahiour of the car on the track, at the limits of undriveability.

The too many delays of building of the car, lost between Guilford and Maranello, forced the team to work at a killing pace with a frequent missing of replacement parts. The drivers suffered from this situation. Michael tried to put all his talent to keep a difficult situation in hands but Eddie didn't manage to be competitive and convincing even because the tests were restricted to Michael only due to the lack of car availability."

You can't really argue with that. They took an aerodynamisist from Minardi for crying out loud. That's desperation. Nothing you say can turn that car into something good.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 13, 2002 02:45PM
I was particularly referring to a while back when I mentioned Hungary 1998. Despite the fact that you knew bloody well what happened in that race, you pretended to have forgotten all about it, know doubt in an attempt to subtly condemn it. Any F1 fan should know exactly what happened in that legendary race.

i've been following F1 since 1985, so you'll forgive me i hope if i can't remember at least 1 of the races during all those years , for christs sake

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 13, 2002 02:54PM
Posted by: Mark
as for dc in silverstone 95 which johnny won,dc got a late stop go penalty which removed him from the equation otherwise dc would of won,again if you had watched the race you might know that.well done alex keep the truth coming it can't be argued with.how many times did dc watch mikas back in 98 99 quite a few cause he couldn't put a championship together himself in the best car on the grid.
Date: March 13, 2002 03:01PM
Yo Sup

1995 "Belgium GP - wins from 16th - on slicks in the wet - mastery at work"

yup, already mantioned that before. DC retired whilst being bout 20-30 sec in the lead due to gearbox failure and would ahev won that race.

1996 "Italian GP - Three wins in this car is no luck" - actaully that race was luck as he hit the tyre stacks on the chicanes and LCUKY unlike so many others that retired in that race survived.

"I've never not given credit for that. That was a fantastic lap. Shame about the race."

Dont you mean shame bout the Traction Control?

If you want what exaclty happened -

The McLarens traction control software turned off the engine for saftey reasons as the software thoguht the car was still in the garage. Nothing to do with DC at all.

The Ferrari was unreliable and bad for Ferraris standards, but not for the rest of the grid.

"Michael tried to put all his talent to keep a difficult situation in hands but Eddie didn't manage to be competitive and convincing even because the tests were restricted to Michael only due to the lack of car availability.""

no dont belive that!!!!

"They took an aerodynamisist from Minardi for crying out loud"

actaully every year Minardi produce a car which is just as good as the Jags, Jordans. BARs etc but is always udner powered and cos they cant afford to develope it further it fails.

Ferrari have actaully taken quite alot of staff from Minardi.

"USA GP - And you say Schumi can't overtake"

Who says that? I dont, i say he cant pass his team-mates, instead he gets them to move.

"I was particularly referring to a while back when I mentioned Hungary 1998. Despite the fact that you knew bloody well what happened in that race, you pretended to have forgotten all about it, know doubt in an attempt to subtly condemn it. Any F1 fan should know exactly what happened in that legendary race."

Actaully i dont remember so does this make me not a proper F1 fan? I find it hard to follow F1/BTCC/CART and meet up with my friends every night and remember everything thats happened.

I wouldnt call it legendary.

Date: March 13, 2002 03:04PM
how many times did dc watch mikas back in 98 99 quite a few cause he couldn't put a championship together himself in the best car on the grid.

so what your saying is by having a team mate watch your back your relying on someone else to help because your not good enough to win on your own?

interesting admission there, look how many times MS has had a team amte riding shotgun and moveing over to give him extra points he was incapable of getting himself

LOL how hopeless

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 13, 2002 03:11PM
Any F1 fan should know exactly what happened in that legendary race.

again LOL,

i'm afraid alex your getting ahead of yourself in a desperate bid to convince the unconvincable here.

if this "legedary " race is so legendary how come its never spoken of nowadays?

we hear about the legendary races of true great drivers like clark fangio and senna lauda etc, but no one i've ever seen on tv has mentioned it

i presume it was spoken about at least a whopping 3 days after the race

but do us a favour and stop bullshitting us into believing a race being legendary when quite clearly it was'nt

except for maybe in your house

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 13, 2002 05:28PM
Belgium GP - 1 minute in the lead after 6 racing laps? Must be the tyres.

alex your just being plain stupid now, that equates to pulling out 10 seconds a lap.

don't you think it could possibly have something to do with fuel loads?

if you persist with idiotic posts like this you'll end up with egg on your face.

by all means post with accurate information but don't take us for fools and you must know full well thats its simply not possible unless the fuel loads were different.

i frankly expected more from you than this laughable example

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 13, 2002 05:45PM
Irvine retires 9 times on the trot. Schumi blows up on the warm-up lap in France after taking pole. This article explains why the Ferrari F310 was so poor...

hang on a minute, in another thread you were saying that MS does'nt have preferential treatment and the team mate has the same as he does,

from what you've put above it does'nt seem so, 9 retirements for eddie and 1 for MS,

whoa that eddie sure is one unlucky bloke

who ever said that famous quote " the luck of the irish" obviously was never unfortunate enough to be MS team mate then

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 14, 2002 07:15AM
alex your just being plain stupid now, that equates to pulling out 10 seconds a lap

You're correct, sorry it wasn't 6 laps. It was 11 laps. That's only 5 seconds a lap unfortunately. 5 seconds a lap. LOL. And you still can't accept tha the gy is head and shoulders above the rest.

if you persist with idiotic posts like this you'll end up with egg on your face.... by all means post with accurate information but don't take us for fools and you must know full well thats its simply not possible unless the fuel loads were different.... i frankly expected more from you than this laughable example

The first signs of losing an argument - maliciousness, avoiding the actual topic in hand, while criticising the person you're arguing against. Face it, it's a fact that Schuamcher is the best driver at the moment, and has been for several years, and none of your bitter twisted argumets are going to change that.

if this "legedary " race is so legendary how come its never spoken of nowadays?

Autosport, F1 Racing, Motorsport- all these magazines eatured Hungary 1998 in the top ten best drives ever.

but no one i've ever seen on tv has mentioned it

Of course, everything the TV says must be true. TV is alwas right. Yes

[ibut do us a favour and stop bullshitting us into believing a race being legendary when quite clearly it was'nt[/i]

Why don't you do us a favour and realise the truth. If you do't consider Hungary 1998 a legendary drive, the you don't know your stuff mae. Not even Senna could ave done something like Schumacher did that day. And do't give me that cap about Ross Brawn - because nobody except Schumi could make Brawn's strategies work - 25 seconds in 19 laps is something only Schumacher could have done...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 14, 2002 07:30AM
Posted by: Mark
michael had more than one retirement in 96,i think alex was just giving an example of the ferraris reliability the fact that in france he didn't make the start,he had about 5 retiremants that year.
Date: March 14, 2002 08:10AM
Posted by: Vader
Alex
You see, this is another thing I don't understand about you anti-Schumists. Schumacher is always the villain, the cheat - yet Senna is the racer, the God, the best ever.

The answer is simple: De mortuis nihil nisi bonum. So there might still be hope for MS.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 14, 2002 09:55AM
I'm not speaking unkindly about Senna at all - I'm merely passing comment that people who criticise Schumacher should think about it more, and understand that Senna was the same. Senna was a genius, no doubt, and I even said that above - so I'm wondering if you've understood what I meant, Vader?

I'd like to know what Ellis and LS think about Senna, if they consider him in the same way they consider Schumacher, for the sake of argument. I'm not being disrespectful to Senna at all. The two were so similar in many ways - not least that they have both felt the pressure of championship tensions, and both taken out a rival intentionally in order to try and win the championship. And in any case, Senna knew that he was going to punt Prost off a good few seconds before he actually did it. So next time you call Michael a cheat, just think about the disrespect that you are infact giving Senna - indirectly, but surely.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 14, 2002 10:01AM
michael had more than one retirement in 96, i think alex was just giving an example of the ferraris reliability the fact that in france he didn't make the start,he had about 5 retiremants that year

Yes thanks for verifying that Mark.

from what you've put above it does'nt seem so, 9 retirements for eddie and 1 for MS

A bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss, thanks.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 14, 2002 11:10AM
Yo Sup

"I'd like to know what Ellis and LS think about Senna"

I cant judeg senna in the wyas i judge MS cos i have seen almost all of MS career in F1 since 94 but i have only seen lots and lots of clips of Sennas brillaince, not his mistakes and problems (excpet Suzkua)

LS can reply to that one better cos hes followed F1 alot longer than i have.

Date: March 14, 2002 05:39PM
You're correct, sorry it wasn't 6 laps. It was 11 laps. That's only 5 seconds a lap unfortunately. 5 seconds a lap. LOL. And you still can't accept tha the gy is head and shoulders above the rest.

you put this down to MS being head and shoulders above the rest yeah?

well i looked up this race and this 5 seconds a lap is due to the front runners being on goodyears full wets and MS being on the intermediates, hence the 5 second performance advantage.

this also interesting "ross brawn made all the right decisions about setup and tyres.
He had the race won before it started, whilst most of the rest were to flounder around trying to find the right rubber"

who said this? your hero murray walker

The first signs of losing an argument - maliciousness, avoiding the actual topic in hand, while criticising the person you're arguing against. Face it, it's a fact that Schuamcher is the best driver at the moment, and has been for several years, and none of your bitter twisted argumets are going to change that.

firstly i was pointing to the fact you were talking nonsense about MS being head and shoulders above the rest because of this silly 10 seconds a lap nonsense ( which you got totally wrong for a start) and then found out you'd over exaggerated and ammended it to 5 seconds,

so you admitted you were wrong, but still persisted in believing that it was down to his skill when the fact is he was on a better compound for the track conditions.

Oh of course - it must have been the tyres! What? Everyone used the same tyres? My God, mabye it was the fact that he is just very very fast. Yes it was. But I can't admit that. There must be an excuse in here somewhere... must....... find...... excuse.......

so in point to this desperate post of yours, sorry no excuse............just FACT

then you accuse me of being bitter and twisted, and in another post accusing us of being racist towards MS in regard to hill being the good old British brute and taking the German out, so quite why you put that its the first signs of losing an argument i don't know.

i posted that because your stubborness in regard to the fact that if you really do understand F1 its simply impossible to have a 5 second advantage over the polesitting car(that incidently out qualified MS by 7tenths of a second) unless it was down to tyres or fuel.
during qualifying both cars would be one the lowest amount of fuel possible so how come suddenly MS can be 5 seconds faster in the race unless its fuel or tyres? your just avading the question by hiding behind accusations of me losing and argument when quite clearly its documented fact.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 14, 2002 05:42PM
michael had more than one retirement in 96, i think alex was just giving an example of the ferraris reliability the fact that in france he didn't make the start,he had about 5 retiremants that year

Yes thanks for verifying that Mark.

from what you've put above it does'nt seem so, 9 retirements for eddie and 1 for MS

A bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss, thanks.

i can only go by what you post mate,

i suggest you do your research more acurrately , otherwise i can't be blamed for responding to what incorrect info you put

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy