I know this will start an argument but....

Posted by Ellis 
I know this will start an argument but....
Date: March 10, 2002 11:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

[www.itv-f1.com]

So why was it inappropriate for Trulli to be there? Cos hes not rated as good as you and not got as good a car as you means he cant be infornt of you? So your saying that you have to win cos anyone else who is ahead shouldnt be?

You also said this USA 2000 when DC was ahead. DC jumped the start then blocked you as you were much faster and after the race you said that DC should move over cos he was going to get a 10second penatly and cos it wasnt possible for him to take the championship

So if you cant win the championship you cant win the race, and you are not allowed to be infront of MS cos thats inappropriate

Thats proof of arrogence.

(now comes the argument)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: I know this will start an argument but....
Date: March 10, 2002 11:31AM
Yo Sup

"fair, I suppose, but not appropriate. [He was] closing the door everywhere in a car that was slower"

yeah blocking is allowed though isnt it? At least he blocks and doesnt hit eh?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 10, 2002 11:50AM
Posted by: Mark
yes it will start an argument,it was up to ms to find a way past trulli,but can't you remember back to monaco last year dc's outburst at arrows for not moving over cause dc has a faster car and it's not fair and it ruined his race,and remember ron dennis saying he'd get bernoldi booted out of f1 for holding up dc.yes it was up to ms to get past trulli but if you think what he said was arrogant then you have to criticise dc and mclaren for there actions in monaco they thought the same that dc had a better car and bernoldi had no right to hold him up.
Date: March 10, 2002 12:03PM
Yo Sup

"but can't you remember back to monaco last year dc's outburst at arrows for not moving over cause dc has a faster car and it's not fair and it ruined his race"

he did justify his reasons in Canada the next race. He thought bernoldi had dangerously blocked him.

Ron Dennis is a prick, i may like McLaren/DC/Kimi but Dennis is a waste of time, he never answers questions properly and he unfairly bullyied Newy to staying at Willaims, ignore Dennis. He cant get anyone booted out of F1, he doesnt have the power, he is also arogent. so ignore Dennis's comments, there are the worst in F1!!!

Coulthard did say exactly why he thought Bernoldi was being unfair, and he did say "only i can judge this and only you can take my word for it". He thought Bernoldi was unfairly blocking him, and dangerously, and Irvine also agreed, and i didnt hear anyone disagree. I think Bernoldi was a bitty dangerous a couple of times but i think DC did exagerate it.

Date: March 10, 2002 12:46PM
Posted by: chris
This is ammunition indeed...I'm with Ellis here, it must be up to the driver to pass, that's RACING for god's sake! If MS doesn't like having to overtake anyone for position then maybe he needs to take a step back and look at the situation: Trulli was racing for position, why should'nt he defend. It seems arrogant to me.
Chris J
Date: March 10, 2002 01:39PM
Yo Sup

"that's RACING for god's sake"

good point, but MS obviosuly doesnt think so, as shown by his pathetic attemtps to destroy the Italian GP for every F1 fan on the planet

Date: March 10, 2002 04:53PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
schummi didn't need to say wot he said.. but it wasn't that bad.. eys it was up to him to find a way past.. ti was just a little frustrating for him

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 11, 2002 08:31AM
Posted by: tost
shumi doesn't have the right to say that... we all now what he' s done in the past... jv japan, dh... just to mantion a few...

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Date: March 11, 2002 10:06AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I'm in support of Schumi here in exactly the same way as you are in support of Coulthard at Monaco last year. Anything you say to defend Coulthard in that instance, I can use against you here, because it's exactly the same situation. Faster driver following a slower driver (or slower car in Trulli's case) - faster driver is angry at violent blocking moves. Trulli certainly did go out of his way to block Schumi quite dramatically on many occasions.

If Schumacher is arrogant for saying that, then Coulthard is equally arrogant. No question. And if Coulthard is not arrogant for saying what he said about Bernoldi, then neither is Schumacher. Catch 22. You make the decision which way you want to have it.

shumi doesn't have the right to say that... we all now what he' s done in the past... jv japan, dh... just to mantion a few...

Senna the Man... the King... the God!

You see, this is another thing I don't understand about you anti-Schumists. Schumacher is always the villain, the cheat - yet Senna is the racer, the God, the best ever. Yet Schumacher and Senna are so alike in almost every way. You guys never mention Suzuka '90. Just tell me how that differs from Jerez '97 or Adelaide '94. If Schumacher was a cheat then so was Senna. I think they are both geniuses, and share the title of best GP driver ever, along with Fangio. As they are from different eras, you cannot pin-point who is the best.

I don't agree with what Schumacher said about Trulli. But I understand from his point of view his feelings. I would love to have seen a race between them, and we did I suppose. But I feel that had Schumi gone for a pass, it would have ended in tears as Trulli would have mis-judged the situation. That's just my opinion of what would have happened. Nobody save Hakkinen is/was stable under pressure from Schumacher.

However, as I've said, you cannot differentiate between Monaco last year and last weekend's Australian Grand Prix - either both MS and DC were right, or they were both wrong. And I'm guessing by the tone of your argument that you accept that DC was wrong too.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 11, 2002 11:36AM
hi alex,
i agree totally that the coulthard bernoldi incident is no different if you see my first post on this subject.i just can't understand why people hold senna in such awe and criticise ms for his behaviour on the track,my personal opinion and that is what it's all about is that senna was far worse,he always done his dangerous stuff at high speed and i can remember one move he put on mansell scared the life out of nigel and it was highly dangerous mansell stormed into the garage to confront him and lifted senna off his feet,can you remember eddie irvine unlapping himself and sennas answer was to find him after the race and punch him,imagine the uproar if ms done that.as for suzuka 97 if you bother to watch the start jacques nearly drove ms off the track veering over at him,and they criticise michael for doing it,jacques was racing under appeal and wasn't going to score points at that race and tried his best to make sure ms didn't.
murray walker said after suzuka 1990"the collision was senna's doing,in frighteningly dangerous circumtances,and for me he became a flawed hero when he stoutly lied that he was innocent".basically he put his foot on the accelerator and aimed his car at prost with no intention of making the corner,no-one is taking anything away from sennas achievments in f1 but you can't condem one driver and praise another for the same actions.
eddie irvine michaels team mate for four years,the opening sentence of his book"michael schumacher has an amazing natural talent it just blows you away".it's not about one man who thinks he's bigger than the sport driving around in the best car,he only had the best car last year so don't go down the road of the best tyres,it's about talent and for most of his career driving an inferior car into a position that it doesn't deserve to be in.remember michael could of took the easy root in 96 and gone to wiiliams or mclaren instead of taking on the ferrari challenge,personally i'm pleased for michael,some drivers only win in the years benchmark car, those who can win not only races and championships in inferior equiptment are the true greats and michael could go on to be the greatest of them all,but to some of you he will be the luckiest driver with the best tyres and the best team and a number two to back him up,didn't dc move over in jerez97 and melbourne 98 though that doesn't count does it anti-schumis eh excuses and more excuses eh blah blah oh and he must of cheated and was it mclaren extra pedal banned missing seals dc banned for fuel irregularities in brazil 95 though only ms gets mentioned for that,funny isn't two teams or two drivers can do the same thing,odd how only michael gets the criticism,they all point to adelaide 94 jerez 97,what about silverstone 95 and monza 95,both damons fault don't mention them oh it must of been am accident it was damon he wouldn't drive into schumacher would he?mmm
Date: March 11, 2002 12:02PM
my eyes! oh god my eyes!!!! Mark, PLEASE use paragraphs and full stops, I find it very difficult to read, I'm sure I'm not alone there.
I can see where you and Alex are coming from, DC@monaco was the same, but I think Benoldi was more dangerous than Trulli, his car was slower compared to the car behind (ie Renault/Ferrari, Arrows/McLaren) and the track more dangerous (narrow, no run off, the tunnel etc).
Who ever makes statements like MS' whether DC or MS, is contradicting the whole concept of racing (in my opinion).
Chris J
Date: March 11, 2002 12:08PM
Posted by: LS.
when i finished read marks post i looked away at the wall and i could see a image of jesus :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 11, 2002 02:01PM
LOL LS!!!!
:-)
Chris J
Date: March 11, 2002 03:46PM
as for suzuka 97 if you bother to watch the start jacques nearly drove ms off the track veering over at him,and they criticise michael for doing it,jacques was racing under appeal and wasn't going to score points at that race and tried his best to make sure ms didn't

Not to mention trying to drive Schumacher off the road at 180mph when he came out of the pits!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 12, 2002 12:37AM
Alex,
Michael has done the same thing as JV did out of the pits in suzuka 97, but with success. Do you reember when he drove HHF off the track? he was coming out the pits too. Now I'm not justifying JV's actions, but he isnt the only one guilty here.
Chris J
Date: March 12, 2002 12:39AM
that is our point,he isn't the only guilty driver in f1 yet on the forum he is the only one criticised for doing doing it.
Date: March 12, 2002 05:28AM
Posted by: bazza
Wait a minute!!!!!

Did Alex just admit that Schumi is not the best driver????

Faster driver following a slower driver (or slower car in Trulli's case)

Does this mean that Alex thinks Trulli is on a par with MS?????

I am sure THIS could start another argument

Bazza

Date: March 12, 2002 09:05AM
Posted by: LS.
don't be silly bazza, it'll be because trulli had a faster car ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 12, 2002 09:52AM
Does this mean that Alex thinks Trulli is on a par with MS?????

I don't see what you mean...? Where and how does that statement indicate that that I said that? I was generalising the two cases of Coulthard and Bernoldi and Schumacher and Trulli.

In both instances it was a faster driver chasing a slower driver. I then thought - well hang on, Trulli's no slow driver, it was the car that was slower - so I put in brackets "or slower car in Trulli's case". Which bit don't you understand?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 12, 2002 10:04AM
Posted by: bazza
I then thought - well hang on, Trulli's no slow driver

This is where the confusion has arisen. You did not say slow driver in the original, you said slower. This led me to believe that you changed you're mind and thought he was not slower than MS.

Bazza

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy