The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: November 02, 2013 09:25PM
Posted by: J i m
Part of it comes from being young and/or new to the sport and relatively immature. Some of it is more visible like you say through the rise of the interweb and social networking but ultimately it's just down to morons being morons. And ofcourse morons are even more moronic when they can group up with other morons.

Date: November 03, 2013 01:58PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I do think Massa still has a lot to give.

He has out-qualified Alonso five times in the last six races (if Brundle is correct). That's quite impressive.
Date: November 03, 2013 03:53PM
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do think Massa still has a lot to give.
>
> He has out-qualified Alonso five times in the last
> six races (if Brundle is correct). That's quite
> impressive.

Perhaps. but points aren't given out for what goes on Saturdays.. and it's on Sunday where he is still losing out.

Date: November 03, 2013 05:14PM
Posted by: gav
Ferrari may have slightly gimped Massa in the stops, but Alonso finished a strong 5th, while Massa finished 15 seconds further back 8th.
Date: November 03, 2013 06:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
He is at the minute because his team keep moving him behind Fernando!
Date: November 03, 2013 07:17PM
Posted by: n00binio
any news on the investigation of alonso's move at the pit exit? according to austrian tv race control wanted to look at it after the race.

edit: wrong thread, i know...

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 07:19PM by n00binio.
Date: November 03, 2013 07:29PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
There will be no further investigation into the incident.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 03, 2013 08:23PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Wrong thread guys... should be in the Abu Dhabi GP thread ;)

I hear the Quantum deal is "Secured" meaning Hulkenberg should be confirmed soon, all being well!
Date: November 03, 2013 08:53PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Apparentley Quantum is owned by a Pakistani fraudster... :/

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: November 04, 2013 01:35AM
Posted by: EC83
I actually want to see Maldonado get the Lotus drive - it could transform him as a driver to get another season in a good car.

I also think Massa could do worse than take a year out with a view to coming back(and maybe getting a better drive than anything that's available to him right now) in 2015.

Date: November 04, 2013 01:45AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> Apparentley Quantum is owned by a Pakistani
> fraudster... :/

There's been a few indiscretions by Mansoor Ijaz (the main player in the Quantum consortium) in the past, but nothing to suggest that he's a fraudster.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 04, 2013 02:56AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
He's a tad dodgy, but no more than Lux or Lopez, they're businessmen after all.

I'm really excited by the prospect of Hulk and Grosjean at *Lotus* next year.

I expect with Quantum seemingly certain to come in now we'll see a name change.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 04, 2013 03:34PM
So it is said though not seemingly officially announced that the Quantum Lotus deal is done and Boullieur has been told in no un-certain terms to go right ahead and sign the Hulk. This is enticing news if it's true.

This could leave Maldonaldo wafting his cash in Force India's direction which would be harsh news for Di Resta because Sutil is hinting that the sponsors he provides have secured him his contract extension.

So if Hulkenberg is on his way to Enstone what does that leave us with?

Force India

Sutil is reportedly safe, they probably want to keep Di Resta as well which considering that the team were not so long ago boasted about the investment being made would actually make some degree of sense. But the likes of Maldonaldo, Chilton and Massa are likely to be able to take more money to the team. I suspect that Calado will get a full season as test and reserve next year.

Sauber

Sirotkin is confirmed but is still reliant on daddy's business colleagues not renegading on the deal, that and gaining his super license of course. If Hulkenberg does indeed leave then Monisha may well have to start fluttering her eyelids in Maldonaldo's direction. Although I also have a gut feeling that Petrov may have put together a useful portfolio of sponsors as well.

Williams

Maldonado is reportedly trying to desert and the team are seemingly trying to ease the way for him. The most persistent consensus is that Massa has his foot in the door. No word has been said on Bottas. I think the team will want to give him a chance in a hopefully more competitive Williams which I would welcome. Other than that I'd suggest making a concession on the Merc partnership and giving Sam Bird whirl (That won't happen for so many reasons).

Caterham

Can't decide between drivers with large wallets or drivers who know how to drive. They want to put Kovlainen back in the car but don't know if they can afford it. The rate it's going they're going to decide via a wheel of fortune. 'Spin the wheel... annnnnnnnnnd it's Pic joined by ???

Marussia

Bianchi has long since been confirmed, which was probably helped along (however much it's denied) by the Ferrari engine deal. But will they also hold on to Chilton and his pocket money or take a punt on Kevin Magussen to appease McLaren?

Date: November 04, 2013 04:47PM
Van der Garde deserves another year in my opinion, because he's been pretty impressive of late. At least, as impressive as one can be in a Caterham.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: November 06, 2013 05:25PM
Posted by: gav
I'm struggling to understand why the Lotus seat for 2014 is seen as such a prize. They've been haemorrhaging key personnel and money over the past year. There's a relatively large change in regulations next year and I don't have the confidence that they've had the resources to commit to the new car to the extent they'd have liked. I can only see them going backwards next year.
Date: November 06, 2013 05:56PM
gav Wrote:
> I'm struggling to understand why the Lotus seat
> for 2014 is seen as such a prize. They've been
> haemorrhaging key personnel and money over the
> past year. There's a relatively large change in
> regulations next year and I don't have the
> confidence that they've had the resources to
> commit to the new car to the extent they'd have
> liked. I can only see them going backwards next
> year.

This.

GPGSL -
Date: November 06, 2013 06:51PM
They've lost James Allisson to Ferrari and possibly a few others as well but they're still a team with good strength in depth and they do seem to recover relatively well from their lean periods and for that I wouldn't rule them out from being a seriously strong contender next year although equally it doesn't garuntee a good car for them either.

They're not exactly the only team to be having financial difficulties either, the whole mid-field are struggling and Sauber as well had pretty much been on the brink this season.

I don't see the likes of Sauber, Force India, Toro Rosso or Williams really being in position to take their current "part of the big four" status away from them. At the moment the only teams with relatively comfortable finances are Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren. Even Mercedes are only as safe as long as the board decide it's a worthwhile investment.

Date: November 11, 2013 11:56AM
It is reported that Kevin Magnussen has moved into pole position to partner Button at McLaren next year which means it could be "adios amigo" to Perez.

Bild (lol) are claiming that Massa to Williams is effectively a done deal. In place of whom, who knows? They say that Petrobras are definitely in for the ride although Massa insists that he isn't a "pay driver".

Lotus and their phantom quantum Pizzeria have yet to officially announce the Hulk, so one can only assume that the apparent dodgyness of quantum is holding up the game and that Maldonaldo still has a good chance of paying off the "Lotus" debt to Kimi.

It is said that Force India has effectively offered the Hulk a drive with open arms (damn you Eddie Jordan) which means bye bye to Di Resta because Sutil brings money so he does.

Silly season seems to be far from over and could yet get a heck of lot sillier.

Date: November 11, 2013 04:10PM
Massa and Bottas to drive for Williams in 2014. [www.williamsf1.com]

Date: November 11, 2013 04:40PM
As I expected. Valterri needs to improve his starts, though - atm I can start better than him!! ;)

GPGSL -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy