2012 Brazilian Grand Prix***Spoilers***

Posted by alonso0506 
Re: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix***Spoilers***
Date: November 24, 2012 08:25PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alonso up to 7th now; Maldonado has a 10-place
> penalty for missing the weighbridge...

FAIL

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: November 24, 2012 08:47PM
Posted by: gav
The Grosjean-dlR incident had the potential to be one of the most serious accidents we've seen. Just a tiny bit further forward, and I'm not even sure the catch-fencing would have stopped that car flying into the crowd.
Date: November 24, 2012 09:10PM
...and yet no action was taken over the incident (N)

GPGSL -
Date: November 24, 2012 09:43PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Because it was a racing incident. The fact that it could've been a lot more serious is due to the nature of the corner and the grandstands. I'm not asking for a silly chicane, what I think it's best for the track is to get rid of the grandstand and put some run-offs.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 24, 2012 09:52PM
Posted by: EC83
I'd wonder out loud WTF Grosjean was thinking - but as he's demonstrated several times this year already, he clearly doesn't have the ability to think.
There was no, and I mean NO, reason for him not to avoid hitting de la Rosa.

I'm really hoping this race will be his last one in F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 09:53PM by EC83.
Date: November 24, 2012 10:26PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
EC83 Wrote:
> I'd wonder out loud WTF Grosjean was thinking -
> but as he's demonstrated several times this year
> already, he clearly doesn't have the ability to
> think.
> There was no, and I mean NO, reason for him not to
> avoid hitting de la Rosa.
>
> I'm really hoping this race will be his last one
> in F1.

I disagree. De la Rosa is experienced enough to look in his mirrors. If I was him, I'd have left a bit of room.

I'm not saying Grosjean isn't to blame, because perhaps his anticipation was lacking. But I'm pleased that the stewards agree that it was more or less 50/50.

Grosjean is one hell of a racer. He's quick, he can overtake, and he's got a lot of flair and potential. However, due to the fact that he's not exactly had the spatial awareness required at the starts of races he's made some mistakes that have been rather conspicuous. And now he's calmed down, but I still think that in races he's been far too stifled of late.

I think that the guy's got the potential to win races. All he needs to do is reach out for a little bit of help. He needs critique so that he can improve, but sticking the knife in and giving it a good old twist is only going to hurt him. If he didn't have the ability to think, then he wouldn't have won the vast number of junior series' that he has.

I want to see him next year, fresh and with the experience of a season.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:35PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: November 24, 2012 10:29PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I thought I'd have a vague idea of what was ton expect in the race, after watching qualifying - but I still don't have a clue! The championship feels wide open to me.

I don't want to tempt fate, but I've got this sneaking suspicion that Vettel will crack under the pressure and Alonso will be racing the clock to get enough points... shame that Maldonando got his penalty, I was kind of hoping that he'd cause mayhem and accidentally 'remove' Vettel from the race :p

Oh, and regarding Grosjean - I thought he was the innocent victim at first, but the more I watch it, the more I think he should've backed out of the overtake. Yes, de la Rosa could've given more room, but he was on a flying lap. Grosjean shouldn't expect backmarkers just to jump out of his way. Still, anybody could've made that mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:32PM by flat tyre.
Date: November 25, 2012 12:01AM
Posted by: J i m
It was clumsy driving in the extreme by Grosjean. I really like the guy but damn he needs to wise up.

Brilliant stuff by both McLarens, Vettel will be smarting as he not only got out qualified by both McLarens but his team-mate as well. More promising form by Massa, Alonso is banking on the rain, Hulkenberg up there again, nice lap by Maldonaldo shame he's a numpty.

Date: November 25, 2012 11:49AM
Posted by: alonso0506
Well quali The Mclarens were super getting 1-2 at end showing that they had best car trough season just not using it all the time and making some errors.

Mark did good job aswell as felipe for p5 with a perfect laps as he said. Hulk in P5 showing that he has potential of a future race winner and champion i think.

Fernando P8 starting P7 with Maldonados penalty. To be honest i think this time it was Romains fault (i like that guy really much and i hope he stays at Lotus) but he could have just waited i mean those hrt`s do wanna qualify aswell and do their laps the best way.

anyway looking forward for the Race and in the end i hope to see a certain spaniard as 3-time world champion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: November 25, 2012 12:56PM
Posted by: danm
I also think Grosjean has the potential to be a race winner.

But everytime I re-read his driving record...

The first three F1 races involved starting lap collisions. I mean, come ON.

Leopard doesn't change its spots. We're 26 races on, and still watching the same thing.

Even Petrov matured. Even Maldonado matured.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 25, 2012 01:45PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Alonso starts from 7th on the Grid .. Again! Will Massa get the jump on Vettel, Will Ferrari have enough pace to get to the podium, Will the Alternator play up on Vettel's car or will it be action packed drama as the last lap from 2008 season .. Sit back and enjoy the race, in just a few hours!
Date: November 25, 2012 01:55PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Just waiting for a Ferrari mechanic to drop a wrench onto a wishbone or something on Massa's car...
Date: November 25, 2012 02:20PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Date: November 25, 2012 02:24PM
Posted by: Morbid
danm Wrote:
> Even Maldonado matured.

10 penalties this year. The most penalties in a season for any F1 driver? I don't think he matured.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 25, 2012 02:45PM
Posted by: EC83
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> I want to see him next year, fresh and with the
> experience of a season.

The problem with that is that Grosjean has shown no ability so far to learn or profit from experience. He's just as erratic and mistake-prone now as he was at Valencia and Spa 2009. He's like a fly that keeps bouncing off the same window over and over again because it thinks it can get out.
Sorry, I'm all in favour of giving drivers a second chance if they've shown potential, but I genuinely think Grosjean has had enough chances now and squandered them. If he was going to improve it would've happened by now.
The guy is not good enough to drive F1 cars properly.

Regarding the race itself, I'm starting to get pretty excited now. Still don't know what the weather will be doing, but hope it's something like what happened in quali. I'm getting the feeling something spectacular might happen in this race!

Date: November 25, 2012 03:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Kobayashi in that Lotus for example, would be just as erratic but would ultimately crash less and be more exciting to watch...
Date: November 25, 2012 03:55PM
(I)
GENIUS!!
(Y)

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2012 03:56PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: November 25, 2012 04:32PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Race should stay dry according to every latest forecasts.
Date: November 25, 2012 04:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
why is the media making a big fuss over whether or not ferrari will do anything to massa's car to move alonso up? this weekend and track circumstances are different, the clean/dirty side of track doesn't apply as much in brazil, and they need massa to be ahead of vettel anyway, so it makes no sense to move him 5 places down just to promote alonso up 1 place when he is so close to vettel to overtake him into turn 1 already.

and on sky, in the chat between lewis and brundle, what are they on about saying lewis has done the most races with 1 team in the history of f1? i'm sure DC did more than lewis (9 or 10 seasons), and schumacher did 11 seasons, around 180 races with ferrari.

do they mean the most races with the first team a driver has driven for when he joined F1?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2012 04:35PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 25, 2012 04:52PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Just about to get going for the final time of 2012. I hope all you guys enjoy the race..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy