am i dreaming, or are the merc. indeed as fast as anyone else but hamilton
Re: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix***Spoliers***
Date: November 23, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> am i dreaming, or are the merc. indeed as fast as
> anyone else but hamilton

Remember Schumi qualified 6th (started 5th) on the grid at Austin but went backwards from there...
Diagnosis: Merc have good one lap pace, but have horrible race trim.

Lewis FTW this weekend! Great stuff in Austin and I'd love to see him bow out of McLaren with a win - While I fell out of favour with him a bit since, Lewis was the reason I became interested in F1 in the first place as it was great to see someone from my country doing so well in F1 in 2007/8 (B)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 08:30PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: November 23, 2012 09:18PM
Posted by: J i m
I think he was referring to the long run, higher fuel load pace towards the end of FP2 and the Mercs were indeed consistently quick during that period today. Granted that may not translate into genuine race contention on Sunday (before we even take the weather forecast into consideration) but it does suggest they've arrived at a better setup for their car than they did at Texas and so points are a definite possibility.

Also quick on the long runs today were Massa and Grosjean and also rather inevitably Vettel.

Button ran a lower downforce configuration than Hamilton in FP2, but was right on the pace in FP1 so is likely to revert to the higher downforce spec setup.

Date: November 23, 2012 11:14PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well, Mercedes have reverted back to the old chassis set-up.
Since the advent of their coanda exhaust system they have been losing power ( further proof of their ineptitude to understand the mechanics of their own car.)

In any event because of the altitude difference at Interlagos power seems to be quiet big on the casualty list. So because the older set-up seemed to yield more power, they now hope that by reverting back to the older exhaust system they will negate this problem.

As jim states points may well be possible.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 11:19PM by Isaint.
Re: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix***Spoilers***
Date: November 23, 2012 11:32PM
Posted by: danm
I'd love to see a freak wet race like Canada all over again, mess everything up.

Have Vettel out at the start, and Alonso slip right the way back and have to fight tooth and nail to get enough points to seal the championship.

That, and the likes of Kobayashi sithing through the field with his epic overtaking or the Hulk/Grosjean take the win. Both HRTs scoring big points as well.

I'm hoping...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 23, 2012 11:36PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Good luck with that one. Would certainly make for an incredible spectacle.

HRT grabbing a point and finishing 10th.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 24, 2012 01:40AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Just checked the weather forecast... and what can I say? It's not another case of f1.com playing it's usual tricks and predicting rain for every race, then it ends up being sunny all weekend. I think it might actually tip it down in Brazil!

Saturday: Some sites say rain/thunder, some sites say sunny. A mixed bag.

Sunday: Every site I visited said it was going to rain... some said 100% chance of precipitation! Weather maps show a huge blob of rain covering the eastern chunk of Brazil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: November 24, 2012 02:33AM
Posted by: danm
WOOHOO!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 24, 2012 12:50PM
YEES!!!

GPGSL -
Date: November 24, 2012 01:59PM
Posted by: gav
But what we don't need is a race delayed until Monday.
Date: November 24, 2012 03:02PM
Posted by: chet
Appreciate the info Gav and guys! I'll try it later. I've got the option of getting a house mate to restart the program for me.

Also, just popped in to say

JB'S ON IT :D!! If JB can beat Lewis in qualifying, and tomorrow fair and square I will be absolutely delighted! He needs to prove he can beat Lewis, so far in 2012 he has not even been close. (bar Spa :p).

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 24, 2012 03:12PM
Posted by: J i m
Button tops FP3 buy the smallest of small margins over Vettel, McLaren have gone for straight line speed which they may well regret if the forecast stats true and pisses it down later on.

Still, I pointed it that Button was "on the pace" in FP1 and it was a much lower dpwnforce setup he trialled in FP2 which was more aimed at data collecting for 2013.

Qualifying should be epic. It's going to boil down to who gets the cleanest, clearest and grippiest lap.. But surely it'll be a hot shoot out between Vettel, Hamilton and Button. Meanwhile Alonso needs to watch out because he is in serious danger of having Hamilton, Button, Webber, Grosjean, Massa, di Resta and Hulkenberg in-between him and Vettel.

Date: November 24, 2012 05:46PM
WOOHOO! GO MCLAREN!! :D

It's not over yet in the cahmpionship...

...but it will if it's dry tomorrow!

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 06:04PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: November 24, 2012 06:05PM
Posted by: Morbid
So who will take Vettel out in T1 tomorrow, Massa or Maldonado? ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 24, 2012 06:05PM
Posted by: aagancia
Vettel 4th, Massa 5th, Alonso 8th. Massa is in a very intriguing position. Wonder what Ferrari is thinking about right now??? ;)
Date: November 24, 2012 06:15PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Oof. In a not too distant parallel universe, Lewis Hamilton won this championship by a country mile...

Date: November 24, 2012 06:17PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
So, what do Ferrari do? Rip the seal on Massa's gearbox, or tell him to 'take care of Vettel'?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 24, 2012 06:40PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, what do Ferrari do? Rip the seal on Massa's
> gearbox, or tell him to 'take care of Vettel'?

I reckon that the smartest move would be to tell him to try, overtake and hold Vettel until Alonso gets there, then let Alonso go as soon as he passes Vettel and keep holding the RBR. But obviously, it's way easier when you say it than doing it.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 24, 2012 07:46PM
Posted by: Morbid
I think that Alonso is on a wet weather setup. IMHO that is the only thing that can explain his bad qualifying position. He has stated that he expected a poor qualifying and that he was content.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 07:48PM by Morbid.
Date: November 24, 2012 07:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Alonso up to 7th now; Maldonado has a 10-place penalty for missing the weighbridge...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy