Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These Lewis stories seem a little far fetched. One
> comment from Eddie Jordan and now they are all
> over the web.
>
> Can't see why Lewis would even want to leave
> Mclaren.

Who knows what's going on in Hamilton's head? Delays on signing a contract could suggest he's still looking elsewhere...

Plus, Eddie Jordan was right about Schumacher's return...who knows?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: 50 races Button vs Hamilton
Date: September 05, 2012 09:14PM
Posted by: gav
Incident 2k9
Plus, Eddie Jordan was right about Schumacher's return...who knows?

He also said that Massa just had "a knock on the chin" at the Hungaroring in 2009.

Throw enough @#$%& about and some of it will stick.
Date: September 05, 2012 09:41PM
Posted by: J i m
Hamilton's place is at McLaren, it's simply good sense.

As for Hamilton v Button overall in terms of points for the team they are very close. Ultimately I'd expect Hamilton to be the quicker and more adaptable of the two with perhapps more untapped potential but Button often bridges that gap with intelligence, experience and maturity.

It's also worth noting that Button also went through a period of immaturity early in his F1 career. He's come through it rather well.

Date: September 05, 2012 11:13PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
>
> Sorry, but I can actually believe that Lewis can
> be so desperate to save face that he was desperate
> to show the only reason Button was fastest was due
> to the set up. I'm not saying he is that vain, but
> I can believe it.
>
> Let's face it, he isn't the most stable character,
> is he?

Bingo. The annoying thing is Button CONSTANTLY says how well Lewis did, or how good he is at qualifying. Button beat's Lewis and all he is interested in is making excuses. Button has blamed the car but after has stated Lewis got the job done. He has never gone this far.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 06, 2012 07:15AM
Posted by: davidm
Talking of Mercedes, what chance a simple Rosberg, Hamilton swap. Macca get a salary deal and Merc have the marketing resource of Ham and MS.
Date: September 06, 2012 02:58PM
Posted by: senninho
It kind of makes sense if you look further forward than just next year - perhaps he knows something we don't about Mercedes' 2014 engine, or McLaren's plans? Perhaps Schumacher retiring will leave Mercedes with more of a wallet score than McLaren currently have?

Of course, the most likely answer is Gav's - it is most likely a stunt designed to scare McLaren into improving their offer.

Date: September 06, 2012 06:36PM
Posted by: danm
The trouble with Hamilton is he has been spoilt. Like Vettel, they've been given fast cars and almost expected to succeed from the go.

There isn't a chance to mature in a top team like that, so hissy fit outbursts become embarassing. Those years are spent in the back and midfield.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 06, 2012 07:55PM
Posted by: EC83
I think this raises an interesting question: Who's the better driver, a guy with more natural talent who doesn't make the most of it, or a driver who is better at utilising the talent he does have?

Lewis is more talented but Jenson is more intelligent, and it's been demonstrated again at Spa.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> He needs to ditch Nicole

Absolutely. I couldn't help but notice the final part of last season, when he split up with her and then suddenly rediscovered his form. It could've been something else of course, but it struck me as being too much of a coincidence.
She seems to just be a distraction - of the worst kind.

Date: September 07, 2012 02:50AM
Posted by: Slash
the Mclaren team gives Hamilton A LOT of support when he @#$%& up, and he's @#$%& up bad. why can't he give as much support when the team @#$%& up?, is he above them?

Hamilton always pulls these little stunts, i wasn't surprised honestly.
Date: September 07, 2012 04:22PM
Posted by: Morbid
That's not true. The team has screwed him over several times during the season, especially during pit-stops. He hasn't pulled stunts like this when those episodes happened.

It's just you, that filters the world this way through your prejudice.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 07, 2012 04:58PM
Posted by: marcl
As I said before when Alonso was complaining about Mclaren so many people backed him, Lewis does it the opposite happens.

Alonso blackmailed the team as they would not make him number 1 tested the car with Ferrari info and new about it, sorry thats far worse than this.

Please drop the double standards.

I dont agree with what Lewis done he must have been that angry to do it. Hes not the 1st guy to react like this
Date: September 07, 2012 05:05PM
Posted by: kubica2
Morbid Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't believe Hamilton was forced to run with
> > more downforce, the ball was firmly in his and
> his
> > engineers' court. They made that decision as
> far
> > as I know.
>
> First you believe. Then you know. Sounds like you
> are pulling things out of your arse.
>
> What do you actually know about internal strategy
> and setup discussions at Macca?

I dont check in very often in this forum, but what a DISGUSTING reply from a senior member of this forum. shame on you morbid. no respect for oppinion, an oppinion that is proved true reading hamilton's and mclaren's comments, and you resort to name calling. your charachter resembles your username.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 05:11PM by kubica2.
Date: September 07, 2012 05:24PM
All noise and no proof.... I don't have to respect unsubstantiated opinion. And the post you quote has no name calling. All I did was call bullsh!t on a public character assassination on Hamilton that had nothing to back it up.

But thank you.

I am glad that you could find it in yourself, to take the time, to stoop to the level, that you claim I am on. Maybe it is time to check in the mirror?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 05:25PM by Morbid.
Date: September 07, 2012 07:52PM
Posted by: airefresco
marcl Wrote:
> As I said before when Alonso was complaining about
> Mclaren so many people backed him, Lewis does it
> the opposite happens.
>
> Alonso blackmailed the team as they would not make
> him number 1 tested the car with Ferrari info and
> new about it, sorry thats far worse than this.
>
> Please drop the double standards.
>
> I dont agree with what Lewis done he must have
> been that angry to do it. Hes not the 1st guy to
> react like this

It´s not quite the same, in fact almost the opposite. Alonso´s complaint was about the team NOT supporting him. Lewis is doing the opposite, he is completely disrespecting the exact people who have supported him for years and got him where he is now. Mclaren have put a lot in to Lewis and lost a lot and what have they got in return? I´ll tell you, constant bad press and 1 championship in 6 years, which they nearly lost to Massa.

When was the last time Button was in the papers for anything negative? Granted, he did have a bit of slum at the start of this year, but he wasn´t making regular mistakes and he wasn´t disrespecting his team. That´s the difference between the two and why Jenson is generally liked a lot more than Lewis.
Date: September 07, 2012 08:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Morbid Wrote:
> All noise and no proof.... I don't have to respect
> unsubstantiated opinion. And the post you quote
> has no name calling. All I did was call bullsh!t
> on a public character assassination on Hamilton
> that had nothing to back it up.
>
> But thank you.
>
> I am glad that you could find it in yourself, to
> take the time, to stoop to the level, that you
> claim I am on. Maybe it is time to check in the
> mirror?

How was it a character assassination? I heard that Hamilton chose that setup, and it did appear that he and his side of the garage came to the decision after Lewis reported that the new wing was providing his car with a little instability.

Lewis Hamilton
“This morning in P3 I had some instabilities with the new wing that we were trying,” said Lewis. “And at the time we had a relatively big gap between ourselves and the Red Bulls and the Ferraris. And so we felt on our side of the garage that we should try something to fix it, and for us that was to potentially go to the wing that we used in the last race.

Now, if we're going to get picky with language here after you pulled me up on the literal connotations of the word 'know' previously, I shall follow suit. Hamilton used the word 'we'. Not 'they'. Which most likely means that he, in consultation with his own engineers, supported the decision. So according to the man himself, my hunch wasn't far off at all.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being defamatory, but the point is that some of the buck stops with him.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: September 07, 2012 09:27PM
F1 drivers never use the word "they". They pretty much don't use the word "I" either. It is always "we". So the usage of the word "we" doesn't say anything.

Alonso provided both Macca and Renault with plenty of bad press. Hungary antics... Accussing Renault at Monza of sabotaging his championship fight, because they didn't want him to take the #1 with him to Macca... How is that for being ungrateful and pissing the people that support you in the face?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 09:30PM by Morbid.
Date: September 07, 2012 10:03PM
Morbid Wrote:
> F1 drivers never use the word "they". They pretty
> much don't use the word "I" either. It is always
> "we". So the usage of the word "we" doesn't say
> anything.
>

Maybe not, but he might have said "The guys decided to put the old-spec rear wing on".

> Alonso provided both Macca and Renault with plenty
> of bad press. Hungary antics... Accussing Renault
> at Monza of sabotaging his championship fight,
> because they didn't want him to take the #1 with
> him to Macca... How is that for being ungrateful
> and pissing the people that support you in the
> face?

Sure that's bad, but that was 6 years ago. Alonso's matured a lot since then. IIRC, this was reported in AS after a wheelnut fell off his car after a pitstop?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 10:09PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: September 08, 2012 01:06AM
The incidents (Hungary, blackmailing for #1 status) at Macca are 5 years old. The Singapore Piquet incident is 4 years old (and don't tell me that Alonso didn't know).

Hamilton is 4 years younger than Alonso, and people have already been on his case for several years. The double standard is obvious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 01:07AM by Morbid.
Date: September 08, 2012 02:12AM
Morbid Wrote:
> The incidents (Hungary, blackmailing for #1
> status) at Macca are 5 years old. The Singapore
> Piquet incident is 4 years old (and don't tell me
> that Alonso didn't know).
>
> Hamilton is 4 years younger than Alonso, and
> people have already been on his case for several
> years. The double standard is obvious.

It isn't obvious, because there's no comparisons with our posts from 4 years ago. Go find some opinions on Alonso from 2007 and then I might be in a position to agree with you.

Here is a statement that sums up the entirety of the recent situation that expresses MY point of view: Hamilton has a McLaren contract in the bag but from an outside view he's doing his best not to get resigned by the team.

I don't see what's wrong with the fact that some of us have differing views to yours. If someone has a different point of view to you, generally you share ideas in a debate rather than trying to intimidate people. I've tried to be as courteous as possible to you, but it's hard when I'm accused of "staging a character assassination" and "pulling things out of my arse" . It's like the metaphor of trying to play chess with a pigeon, who just knocks over the pieces and defecates on the board.

I would welcome your own point of view on the wing situation, but you've offered very little in the way of constructive debate. I've given you a quotation from Lewis himself on it, yet you've still not accepted this as valid evidence. Then you've tried to palm me off on Alonso's misdeeds, which are plenty of years old now. It's a bit like saying "you all loved Stirling Moss, but back in 1959 he accidentally ran over a cat and this makes him a bad person".

I feel bad that I've had to point this out, but I'd like to discuss the whole issue with other members of this forum without others feeling the need to be demeaning to others.

Thank you.

Date: September 08, 2012 07:29AM
Posted by: EC83
Alonso didn't blackmail for #1 status in Hungary. And what if he did know about Crashgate as it was playing out? He didn't orchestrate it, and he didn't participate in it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy