50 races Button vs Hamilton

Posted by kubica2 
Re: 50 races Button vs Hamilton
Date: September 08, 2012 10:50AM
Posted by: Morbid
@ Incident 2k9: Intimidate? Come on! When have I issued some sort of threat to your safety? A what is up with the renewed aggressive attitude and reopening of issues that were already settled. Someone posts an attack on me, and suddenly you 180 on your apology? Where is your integrity?

@EC83: If you read my post, I use a plural (meaning more than one incident), then I list two (seperated by a comma). That means that they are not the same thing. So stating that Alonso didn't blackmail in Hungary follows the same line of reasoning that I posted.

But to make it perfectly clear for you and other readers: Hungary was pit lane antics where Alonso held up Hamilton in the pits, so he couldn't do his final qualifying run. Blackmailing for #1 status was when Alonso threatened to rat out Macca to the FIA, when he had tested the car using stolen Ferrari info.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 11:18AM by Morbid.
Date: September 08, 2012 12:37PM
Posted by: flat tyre
To be fair, Morbid, if you start calling people an Arse and accusing them of pulling things out of their arse, as well as pointing out things like how they've used incorrect grammar, you are going to insult them and that is pretty intimidating if you ask me (I use the word 'intimidating' in a metaphorical sense). Just understand that we're all human beings on here, we're going to make grammatical mistakes at some point (especially those whose first language isn't english). Let's talk about F1 instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 08, 2012 01:02PM
I point out grammar mistakes to correct misunderstandings, not to insult people. Show me where in this thread I have done anything different. Furthermore, if pointing out linguistical mistakes is an intimidation technique that I use, there would have been plenty more that would have been said. Yet, it hasn't, so it is fairly obvious that this is an unjustified accusation. In fact, try doing a google search on "morbid "grammar nazi" and this site. You will get 4 hits, and none of them are concering me. If I am grammar nazi, then that is a pretty bad track record for a decade of posting here... Lastly, heaven knows that my usage of commas in English is atrocious, so that point should be clear enough. Funny how both my supposed lack of master of the English language, and now my supposedly superior knowledge of the English language can both be used against me, in the space of a few posts...

I called Mika an arse because he earned it through many years of trolling and abuse. He pulled a trolling stunt just now. That was my point when I asked him why he did not PM me instead. That was my point when I showed that he posted things, despite knowing better. He posted "you've been intolerable around these parts lately", without showing any cause or post history. If I am so offensive, why doesn't he report me to the moderators? It was a set up. You have been here since 2006 so you would not have been here to experience the backstory, although you could have had a chance to spot the trend (and if you doubt me, try searching my post history when I was a moderator). To Mika, my presence is ALWAYS intolerable, no matter what I do. And he has done this little trick many many times. That you bought his accusations on face value says something about you and him, but nothing about me.

If you look at the development of the thread, the issue was actually resolved before Mika came in and rekindled the fire.

Saying that people are pulling things out of their arse would then be my worst offense. And that should justify all the crap that has been unloaded on me since then? I think not. It's funny how people are quick to use the victim card, and then see themselves justified in doing the exact same things that they just cried foul over. Those who did that are not better than what they think of me. They are obviously totally capable of doing what they accuse me of doing. All they need is an excuse.

So, this is not about who I am.

What seems more likely to me, is that some people here want to be F1 pundits, and that they think that their opinion is just as good as fact. Well fact cannot be substituted with ignorance. Accepting a line of reasoning on authority of the person who states it is a logical phallacy. So again, I don't have to respect unsubstantiated opinion. If you can't handle someone challenging your opinion, and requests to back it up with fact, then what are you really doing here?

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 01:23PM by Morbid.
Date: September 08, 2012 03:23PM
Posted by: J i m
Well today it was Hamilton by little over a tenth of a second.

Date: September 08, 2012 05:21PM
Posted by: kubica2
Morbid has lost the plot. i started this thread to show how 2 different drivers at mclaren, next we have people bringing up crap about alonso from years ago in an incident he wasnt involved in??
morbids oppinion is no better then anyone else, an oppinion does not need substantiating, that is just you being selfish, and not being able to take an oppinion - varied oppinion happens on every forum. you contradict your whole argument with your use of "pulling out of your arse", which is not substantiated and is. remove your self from this thread please, or i invite everyone to have a free bashing session of morbids oppinions, as that is what he did, bash an oppinion.
Date: September 08, 2012 05:39PM
kubica2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Morbid has lost the plot. i started this thread
> to show how 2 different drivers at mclaren, next
> we have people bringing up crap about alonso from
> years ago in an incident he wasnt involved in??

How so? People are making all sorts of comments about me. I am entitled to respond. Granted, the thread went off topic, but I wasn't the prime mover in that. In fact J I M just put it back on track and now you derailed it yourself.

> morbids oppinion is no better then anyone else,

I never said that it was.

> an oppinion does not need substantiating

True, if it is presented clearly as opinion. But when it is present as fact or part of knowledge, asking for the substantiating backdrop is quite reasonable. You have the right to have and express an opinion, but that doesn't make it sacred. You don't have the right not to be called out. You don't have the right not to be questioned. You don't have the right not to be held accountable.

> that is just you being selfish,

Nope, that is me being level-headed and stopping rumours and myths at the germination point.

> and not being able to take an oppinion - varied oppinion happens on every
> forum.

Varied opinions happen on forums, true. I can take that. I have just taken your opinion on many things. I even agreed with opinions you have that do not praise me. I took your opinions in the previous post you made. Why can't you see that? What I will not do, is take opinion as fact.

> you contradict your whole argument with
> your use of "pulling out of your arse", which is
> not substantiated and is.

I don't understand this...

> remove your self from
> this thread please, or i invite everyone to have a
> free bashing session of morbids oppinions, as that
> is what he did, bash an oppinion.

You want me to leave, or you will incite to mass trolling? Are you serious?!?

Why don't you just stop the attacks? It's much easier. Then we can all get back on track.

Date: September 08, 2012 05:42PM
Posted by: chet
The gap today was slightly favouring of Button. Lewis's lap was not clean, plus Jense got the tow from Vettel....

Still nice to see them both up there. Tomorrow will be interesting, naturally I would favour Button for the race. Let's see how T1 goes though.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 08, 2012 05:55PM
Posted by: Slash
Jenson's gonna go for it, i think it's going to be similar to Oz, Jenson taking the lead and commanding from there.

if that happens, the next couple of days will be interesting.

also Michael starting 4th!!!, no Maldonado or Grosjean around, it could be an exciting first couple of laps
Date: September 09, 2012 12:17AM
Posted by: senninho
If Jenson pulls off a win tommorrow, what odds will we get for Lewis signing for Mercedes on Monday morning?

Date: September 10, 2012 11:52PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Not sure if this suits him...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 14, 2012 03:23PM
Posted by: senninho
Continuing with the surprise picture tangent:

How's that for a strong family resemblance?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy