Re: Martin Taylor, Birmingham's defensor
Date: March 11, 2008 05:36PM
Posted by: TC
Bruninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @TC: The insult suits more for you than me because
> you're the one who is insulting instead of arguing
> so i wont discuss it with you. I am discussing the
> violence of the tackle not your intelligence.
> //end rant, please?

If you wish to dismiss the rest of my post that is your decision, you just replied back with an insult by the way making you no better.
Date: March 12, 2008 12:31AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Bruninho Wrote:
> Did Nani got injured? No? So no need to punish him

> @Gav: Yes, Gav. Because its hard to judge what was
> the intent of the player when he tackled the other
> player!

I'm sorry but i'm a bit confused here, so when a player is injured, how does that make his intent easier to judge? are you saying that if a player goes in with the intent to take a player down and misses thats alright because the victim was lucky and didn't get injured? Don't get me wrong I believe the rules have to be changed regarding this, be made more severe, players would think twice with a 10 match ban for a sloppy tackle and a much more serious ban, maybe even completely banned for intent. However you can't have double standards on the situations just because the victim of the tackle got injured no matter what the intent was. Its got to be the same punishment no matter what the outcome for the victim player was. I mean for instance, an Attempted Murder and a Murder are both very serious crimes with exacly the same punishments (In England anyway), they don't goto Attemptive Murderers and say "oh well you missed when you tried to shoot the guy, your free to go" do they?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 19, 2008 04:27AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nothing to do with Martin or Eduardo, but this happened yesterday in Brazil:

Santos x Flamengo. Maykon, a 20 year old forward for Santos went on a 50/50 with Bruno, Flamengo's goalie. Maykon lifted his right foot to reach for the ball but couldn't reach it and accidentally hit Bruno hard on his thighs but he landed horribly wrong on his right foot. He had a complete rupture of his ACL, MCL, and the other CL. Also a dislocated kneecap and a damaged patelar ligament as well. Terribly unfortunate play, he'll be out most likely for a full year.

[globoesporte.globo.com]

Below you can see a video in the report at Globo:
[globoesporte.globo.com]

I hope the kid gets better, this year we've had far too many accidents. Renato Augusto broke a few bones in his skull earlier this year while at Flamengo (now at Bayer Leverkusen). Dodô broke a bone in the forehead (Fluminense). A Flamengo forward broke his tibia quite badly. A few other breaks happened in the leagues, and that's only talking about Brazil :(.

I had this image blocked in my head but back in 2004 here in the US I almost suffered what Eduardo did, but on the right leg and from the outside of my shin. Just managed to lift my foot a few inches and get a bad sprain/twist that lasted 3 1/2 months to stop hurting (and I used duct tape to keep playing). The ref only gave a foul because I lost the ball :\, and after the game he was drinking whisky and smoking. At 10am.
Date: August 31, 2008 02:41AM
Posted by: Imran
"and after the game he was drinking whiskey and smoking. At 10am."

Ever considered working for a tabloid newspaper Gui?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 31, 2008 04:20AM
Well, the semi-dead guy and his old buddy were getting their livers working overtime! And funny you bring this topic up, I am know "on hold" for at least 5 more weeks as the doctor prohibited me from any activities bar swimming, otherwise my patella will be like Ronaldo's... split in half
Date: October 23, 2008 05:42PM
Wenger says Eduardo will be back in 3 weeks!
Date: November 04, 2008 03:03AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
hoorayyyyy :)

H E L L O
Date: November 04, 2008 03:22AM
Posted by: Covfan
Yeah, don't worry, we sorted out the "defensor"
Date: November 04, 2008 05:01PM
I was watching Liverpool and some other team a couple of days ago, you guys have nothing sorted in England ;). You could say it is too "robust" there, but anyway I was hoping Craigo or some Gunners fan would stop by and post more info since I have limited access and you guys live in the same country :P.
Date: November 04, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: gav
Oh for @#$%&'s sake Gui, don't start this again. There isn't anything to sort out. It will evolve one way or the other over time. Stop trying to make our game the same as your game. It's different. Just think yourself lucky you didn't see European football in the 70s.
Date: November 04, 2008 05:19PM
Posted by: Gaulty
I'll have you know some other team are actually called Tottenham, who actually won.

I've seen worse leagues, we just have poor referees, who can't see anything.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: November 04, 2008 05:23PM
Posted by: Covfan
COVENTRY WON FFS
Date: November 04, 2008 05:59PM
gav Wrote:
> Oh for @#$%&'s sake Gui, don't start this again.
> There isn't anything to sort out. It will evolve
> one way or the other over time. Stop trying to
> make our game the same as your game. It's
> different. Just think yourself lucky you didn't
> see European football in the 70s.

My opinion, mind you very much.

Mark and Daniel K., congrats on the Coventry win. For you to celebrate so much it must be something hard to come by eh? ;)
Date: November 04, 2008 07:09PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> My opinion, mind you very much.

You'll do well to keep it to yourself then. We don't go around giving opinions on how Brazilian leagues are full of pansies brought up playing in the sand. We just take the football at face value and concentrate on their weaknesses and positives individually or at international tournaments or matches, not try to rework your entire footballing structure because it isn't like the one we grew up in.
Date: November 05, 2008 07:07PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
There's the age old (true) rumour that every foreign player who moves to an Italian or Spanish or Portugese club is taught how to dive to win a free kick or penalty. Disgusting how they can still get away with it, but meh.

Brazil may have beautiful football, but it's not up to snuff with the cream of Europe or the UK. Take the top 4 clubs from the Premiership (UK), La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Brazil's Serie A, and 4 other clubs from Europe, and Brazil would most likely lose most matches, put em in a league where they play each other once, and you'd find Brazil's lot languishing near the bottom.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: November 05, 2008 07:58PM
To be fair, that's primarily because we (European clubs, not necessarily UK, where it's too wet for most ;)) steal a good chunk of their top players. ;)
Date: November 05, 2008 07:58PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> I was watching Liverpool and some other team a
> couple of days ago, you guys have nothing sorted
> in England ;). You could say it is too "robust"
> there, but anyway I was hoping Craigo or some
> Gunners fan would stop by and post more info since
> I have limited access and you guys live in the
> same country :P.

rofl if you think that match was bad... you'd explode at Stoke City's recent record of injuring other players! Think they took out 3 of Arsenal's players alone in their last match ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2008 08:10PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 05, 2008 08:03PM
Oh yeah, Brazil's best would end up midtable at best in most occasions because we don't have the money to have a squad with depth. But if you take the same teams and say... you loan back the players who are in Europe now but in those teams up to 5 years ago, and I believe you have a whole different game. If you go back as far as 8 years, then I'll take my chances with the original underdogs. We just don't have the money and the structure, and probably never will due to a lot of things that go around, most of it can be linked back to corruption.

Each country has their style of play that is most widely used/kwown, the good thing about different styles is that the matches between different kinds of play can be quite interesting. I won't try to push my view on you brits anymore ;).

So, any news on Eduardo?

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Ian ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2008 08:04PM by Guimengo.
Date: November 05, 2008 09:22PM
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> rofl if you think that match was bad... you'd
> explode at Stoke City's recent record of injuring
> other players! Think they took out 3 of Arsenal's
> players alone in their last match ;)

Oii, I thought you wanted your team to fail dismally?! Taking out 3 key opponents sounds like victory to me! ;)
Date: November 05, 2008 09:37PM
gav Wrote:
> Ianwoollam Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > rofl if you think that match was bad... you'd
> > explode at Stoke City's recent record of
> injuring
> > other players! Think they took out 3 of
> Arsenal's
> > players alone in their last match ;)
>
> Oii, I thought you wanted your team to fail
> dismally?! Taking out 3 key opponents sounds like
> victory to me! ;)

I do! which means I was pissed that the best your beloved Liverpool could do was 1-1, useless! ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy