Martin Taylor, Birmingham's defensor

Posted by Rod_vs 
Re: Martin Taylor, Birmingham's defensor
Date: December 17, 2008 09:01PM
Posted by: Imran
Just so you know Gui, Eduardo played 45 minutes for the reserves this week, he is looking to be back in action for the scums first team within the next 2 or 3 weeks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: December 18, 2008 04:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Yeah, thanks :). I read about it and how he almost got a goal too. I hope he gets back to match rhythm quickly, Arsenal is in dire need of his plays!
Date: December 19, 2008 12:05AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arsenal is in dire need of his
> plays!

Well they need something for certain, sometimes they can look brilliant whereas other times they can just be absolutely useless! The Gallas incident which has been going on certainly hasn't helped, I'd be surprised if they get a Champions League spot at this moment in time...

Then again I have known to be wrong, as at the beginning of the season I thought Hull would go straight back down and thought Paul Ince was a good manager at Blackburn... How wrong I was on both fronts! ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 12:07AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 19, 2008 02:38AM
hahahahaha
Date: February 16, 2009 11:50PM
Wow, Eduardo scored 2 goals on his official return to Arsenal's first squad 359 days after that horrendous injury :).
Date: February 17, 2009 01:06AM
Posted by: gav
Keep in mind that it was against lower-division opposition who were, frankly, dire on the night, and one was a penalty.

It sounds like he was up for it though... I'm not sure people will agree with me, but indirectly, the injury could be the best thing that happened to his career (and before Gui starts up again, I'm still not condoning it in the slightest). He was on a good run of form before the injury, but prior to that he hadn't looked anything particularly special - he was solid. With the night he's had tonight he had everything go for him - massive support from the crowd, solid fitness, a strong showing on the pitch and an instant return on goals. I think it will all make him a stronger player. Whereas before I didn't think his potential was all that high, and he was close to realising it, if he can pick up where he left off tonight and carry that over the coming months, his potential will grow yet further.

Indirectly, that horrible injury could make him a better player than he otherwise might have been.
Date: February 17, 2009 01:38AM
I hope the tackle he suffered makes him think more than twice about trying to hit others like Arsenal was the week before. I do understand about it being a lower club but a return from such thing deserves (as you pointed out) respect. He apparently performed well for Croatia the week before too. I don't see him as exceptional or anything that high but he has some good moments of flair and is direct about going towards the goal and I hope it goes as you say, Gav.
Date: February 17, 2009 10:36AM
I wasn't suggesting you were thinking of him as a savour or anything, but I think the British press at least were before the injury. That and the warmth shown to him last night can only make him better than he would otherwise have been I think. He does provide a different option for them though - he's got the poachers instinct - that ability to know where the ball is going to go, like Michael Owen has.

Still, I think Vela will be twice the player Eduardo is.
Date: February 17, 2009 04:52PM
I don't know about him playing for Brazil, would be like making Amauri play for us and do 3 friendlies and that be it, when he could be starting for Italy in every game. Eduardo went after what felt right for him, there is corruption everywhere but he got his chance to shine there (even though he was taken away from Brazil so early, like Messi basically, except Messi didn't accept any of the attempts to get the Spanish citizenship).
Date: February 20, 2009 07:28PM
He's been playing many minutes after being away for too long, it's natural. On the Croatia topic he said he was VERY happy to be back with the team.
Date: March 09, 2009 10:22PM
[video.globo.com]

Nice little flick, makes me think of Zico's brilliant heel-volley goal when he started playing for Kashima Antlers. It just has a SLIGHT resemblance:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: March 10, 2009 02:01AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Eduardo scored what was quite simply a freakish goal for Arsenal against Burnley in the FA Cup this weekend.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 10, 2009 03:38AM
Can you expand on that?
Date: March 10, 2009 10:24AM
turkey_machine Wrote:
> Eduardo scored what was quite simply a freakish
> goal for Arsenal against Burnley in the FA Cup
> this weekend.
>
>

I'd have said it was rather excellent to be honest. Sort of thing you'd do in 5-aside as a teenager - good to see pros trying such extravagant moves too ;)
Date: March 10, 2009 02:58PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Can you expand on that?

I'm not an Arsenal fan by any stretch, but that was one of the best goals I've seen all season, and only the FA Cup can produce those kinds of goals.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: March 10, 2009 03:18PM
Thanks, I had no idea what you meant by freakish goal, I thought it was from a lucky play or something :P.
Date: March 10, 2009 03:20PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Thanks, I had no idea what you meant by freakish
> goal, I thought it was from a lucky play or
> something :P.

By freakish, I meant that probably only after a leg break could you move your foot into such a position with ease and pull off something like that. Freaky!

Date: March 10, 2009 03:23PM
Ah... I get it (Y). The play wasn't just his foot, notice how he has to lean his body a little bit and keep balance with the arms since he decided not to stop himself from running, he just hits it nicely of the outside of his foot. No weird bending there :P.

Also, nice little flick into the box, was that Adebayor?
Date: March 10, 2009 03:33PM
Sagna with the assist I think.

Date: March 10, 2009 04:34PM
I thought Sagna was the one with the colorful hair? I can't really tell who passes it... tall and skinny = Adebayor for me ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy