Italy vs France

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: Italy vs France
Date: July 09, 2006 11:21PM
Posted by: aedewey
In general a bad world cup if we talk about football level. A final that looks good in the first minutes but ended bad. Horrible final game of Zidane (what the hell was he thinking about????).
Ok Italy world champion for penalties..., i dont know but football has to change because it is starting to be boring... just my opinion
Date: July 09, 2006 11:22PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
france are bloody diving cheats, never a penalty.

They shouldn't have taken totti off though - he did nothing, but only cos he was marked out of the game. They needed him for structure, passes anbd fluidity, which they lacked today and meant couldn't go forward (added with their negavtive attitude).

No team were better than the other in the end - france were never going to score and italy had for some reason lost all ability or even want to go forward. It paid off for them, but with their penalty record it seemed a dodgy tactic.

You can't say france were better though - both sides did nothing really, or very little. In fact italy came closer to scoring with that offside goal.

They should have kept totti on though to have any chance of going forward - if he had actually come to a point where he wasn't marked out of the game then he could have created something before them.

It turned from being a good match in the first half to a quite boring one >_< but meh. Italy's game plan worked, though it was a dangerous one to play cos they have a history of being bad at pens. You can't say france were better - they created very little, there was only really that zidane header, and the only reason they were so much better is italy refused to go forward and therefore had so few numbers they couldn't string passes together.

I can't believe they wouldn't go forward and go for it even when zidane got sent off though - it was stupid and a bit of a pisstake to be honest.

Nice to see a referee actually consulting a fourth official for once, even if his penaly decision was awful.

H E L L O
Date: July 09, 2006 11:22PM
Posted by: Covfan
Football has been fine for the last 150 years, I doubt they'll do an "f1" and change the rules because some people find it boring.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:25PM
Posted by: aedewey
Covfan Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Football has been fine for the last 150 years, I doubt they'll do an
> "f1" and change the rules because some people find it boring.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
>

I am not talking about radical changes, but teams are to defensive, few goals, not great players or plays. I hope a change in actitud not in the rules. :D
Date: July 09, 2006 11:30PM
Posted by: matthewp

france are bloody diving cheats, never a penalty.

What are you on about it's blatently obvious that the Italy player touches the french players leg, which then causes him to clip his other leg, I think you'll find if you're leg's are clipped together whilst sprinting you'll go flying.

Date: July 09, 2006 11:31PM
Posted by: Covfan
It wasn't a pen, but France should have had a pen in the second half so it evens itself out.
Date: July 09, 2006 11:39PM
Posted by: matt3454
I think it was a penalty, the defender did catch his leg. Intentional - No, but it happened and i doubt anyone in italy will complain anyway, its not like they never dive ;)

Date: July 10, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: Slasher
Its a pity this world cup is going to be remembered by the incident involving Zizou.

Cant help but feel Matta' said something to Zizou to provoke him. Zizou was walking away, then suddenly turns and has that brain explosion.

When Italy got that dubious penalty against Australia, then got that late winner against the Germans, i just knew it was gonna be there cup.
Date: July 10, 2006 12:10AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Zidane just showed what a thick bunch of childish people footballers are. he's regarded as one of the best players, yet does something so stupid like that, and on the biggest stage no less.

so what if the other guy said something or provoked him, his intention would have been to wind him up, and it worked, showing what an imbecile Zidane is.

could he not rise above it and ignore him, or simply laugh it off or say something back to him?

in cricket they are constantly "sledging" the batsman, you don't see him going and headbutting the wicket keeper or whoever because he said something to him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 10, 2006 12:21AM
Posted by: Nerrazurri
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What zidane done was out of order. Having played football at a high level myself i can say "sledging" for the use of a better word goes on all the time and zidane should have had the experiance to ingore it no matter what materazzi said zidanes reaction was uncalled for.

Finally us italians have somthing to celebrate. I wonder if ferrari will have the world cup on there car in france?

Date: July 10, 2006 12:53AM
Posted by: Guimengo
where have you played, Nerrazurri? :D
Date: July 10, 2006 12:56AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
About the penalty:

Matterazi was in the air when he came in, foot out to try and get the ball. Once he noticed whats-his-name (;)) there he tried to take his foot back, but still caught him in the back of the ankle. imo, this is grounds for dangerous play as he was in the air, foot out. He did try to get out of the tackle, but tbh, he never had a chance in hell. The ref made a good decision, and he was right there
Date: July 10, 2006 01:07AM
Posted by: Guimengo
[sneaky]Thanks mod ;-)
Date: July 10, 2006 01:31AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
What is in the least bit offensive about "i'm allergic to azzurri" ?

H E L L O
Date: July 10, 2006 02:36AM
Posted by: Paco
zeppelin101 Wrote:
> Once he noticed whats-his-name () there he tried to take his...

Malouda ;-)

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 10, 2006 10:15AM
Posted by: Nerrazurri
Played pro for kimarnock f.c in scotland. Theres no things off limit trust me i've had most of them thats why i can't uderstand it ands nipping, standing on players toes and kicking of the ankles has went on since football began.

Date: July 10, 2006 10:28AM
Posted by: gav
Zidane was stupid, but meh. It's just a head-butt. If you can't go out with the winning goal, go out with a different sort of bang ;)

Shame it's happened, but he's a big enough man to just shrug it off. At least he didn't do it early on - it never hurt France, other than having one less big man to take a penalty.

Maybe I don't care because I'm from the north - that's how you greet each other up here.

I know which negative will have the longer lasting effect of WC 2006, and it won't be the head-butt, it'll be all the diving and simulation throughout the tournament. That's the disease in the game that needs stamped out.

Good final mind - not a lot of chances, but it had a good pace to it throughout, only tailing off in the 2nd half of extra time.

Italian shots on target: 1
Italian goals: 1

Nuff said ;)
Date: July 10, 2006 10:35AM
Posted by: Muks_C
i just heard on the radio that FIFA are denying using video evidence of the headbutt to make a decision. why are they denying it? they should use it and embrace newer technology to catch idiots like this, and should go further and use it for all the diving fairies who litter the game.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 10, 2006 11:36AM
Posted by: gav
Zidane's been named best player.

Awesome :D

He was the best player in my mind - personally, I don't link discipinary action to actual football, so in that respect he deserved it for me.

He was awesome in the later stages - a little quieter in the final, but brilliant in the quarters and semi. Going off Football Managers rating system, he'd have had a 12.
Date: July 10, 2006 11:49AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Paco Wrote:
> zeppelin101 Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> &gt; Once he noticed whats-his-name () there he tried to take his...
>
> Malouda
>

Yeah whatever ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy