GP3 League Racing

Posted by M@ 
Re: GP3 League Racing
Date: November 03, 2004 09:23PM
Posted by: The Lopper
hehe, i am very interested in this if there are only 10 races. I'm not 100% certain of the rules, but i will definately have a lash. :)
Date: November 04, 2004 06:49PM
Posted by: M@
Everything is yet to be totally ironed out.
As I say, it's still very much in it's infancy, but the fact it doesn't kick off until February means there is time to get things humming along nicely.
I'm confident of a good, fair, friendly league. GP2World was always a very friendly league, and I hope I can say the same for GP3World.
There is still more to come - I hope to have driver registrations up and running very soon. The forum will be online later this evening, so visit the site for more info!
Date: November 04, 2004 10:03PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Can't wait! Whats this about a specific carset, who makes it?
Date: November 04, 2004 10:41PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
100% races are the best ;) :D

H E L L O
Date: November 05, 2004 01:17AM
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't wait! Whats this about a specific carset,
> who makes it?
>
>
>
> "Somewhere I have heard this before/In a dream my
> memory has stored"
>
> HUNGARIAN Grand Prix:
> Alonso wins in Budapest!!
> go to:

The idea is so that we're not having to download a new carset every month. It saves on Admin on my side, which when I work full time during the week and am busy most weekends makes life much easier.
The carset will probably be something novel - a historic F1 season (possibly 1990 or 1991). Everyone would then race as the predetermined driver to make performance levels equal so the best driver really does win.
Date: November 05, 2004 01:18AM
The Lopper Wrote:
> Can't wait! Whats this about a specific carset,
> who makes it?
>
>
>
> "Somewhere I have heard this before/In a dream my
> memory has stored"
>
> HUNGARIAN Grand Prix:
> Alonso wins in Budapest!!
> go to:

I don't know why, but your name rings a bell :?
Date: November 05, 2004 01:18AM
Forum is now online and active. [www.gp3world.com] or [forum.gp3world.com]
Date: November 05, 2004 03:32AM
Posted by: katunga
Ok, can´t promise anything yet, but I think Hillcrest Racing will give it a try.
Date: November 05, 2004 03:32AM
Posted by: katunga
Ok, can´t promise anything yet, but I think Hillcrest Racing will give it a try.
Date: November 07, 2004 01:09AM
Tomorrow I will be working on the database that will form a major part of the league. Hopefully that means we'll be able to take registrations soon. If you can't wait, join the forum - [forum.gp3world.com] or [www.gp3world.com]
Date: November 10, 2004 11:43AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Hmm I'd like to enter probably but this sort of thing confuses me and my crazy thrustmaster dual power 3 pad - it would kind of work, but whats to stop people editing their race if they get a failure or something, or just reloading every lap until it is really good.

The best thing would be proper multiplayer. If only that mws possible :(

H E L L O
Date: November 11, 2004 11:30PM
I agree, multiplayer would be cool, but alas not practical :(

The idea of having shorter races and drivers able to save/reload is so you can do the odd lap or two when you have 5 minutes spare- not to encourage people to use that to get a perfect race. The main aim of the compeition isn't to win, but to play GP3 and compare yourself against others. It's friendly competition, we're not playing for trophys, just bragging rights! If people find saving/reloading after every corner fun, they can do that, the rest of us will probably race a couple laps, save and go do something else, and come back to it a couple days later. That is the idea anyway!
As for failures, they'll be turned off. And people editing their files will show up as they're checked, so they'll get found out :P

[forum.gp3world.com] is the place to go if you want to ask more league related questions. We've also got an F1 forum there now too :D
Date: November 14, 2004 10:23PM
If anyone out there knows SQL and PHP and wants to help me out... lol.

I am in the process of creating the database system which will more or less run the league. Not knowing SQL or PHP that well it's slow going though. But visit the site, and get involved! There's a link below :)

[www.gp3world.com] - GP3World Championship League
Date: November 18, 2004 05:05PM
Posted by: rgr
M@ Wrote:
> If anyone out there knows SQL and PHP and wants to
> help me out... lol.
>
> I am in the process of creating the database
> system which will more or less run the league. Not
> knowing SQL or PHP that well it's slow going
> though. But visit the site, and get involved!
> There's a link below

This link doens't work for me (dns entry not found)
But if you need help @ mysql and php i can help :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy