GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10

Posted by PTRACER 
Re: GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10
Date: July 13, 2017 01:36PM
Posted by: pirx
Default RCR-distance is 3840 :)
&
"Where is the template of carshape for car outside RCR distance ?" is a very interesting question, something I always wanted to know. I never saw this changed by someone.
Date: August 17, 2017 07:11AM
Posted by: Wasma
thanks for this guide i had to use a slightly older version than the current newest dgVoodoo for it to work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2017 04:58AM by Wasma.
Date: October 23, 2017 05:12PM
Posted by: Constanstijn
Hey everyone,

I tried to get GP3 working on my pc, but the ten steps don't seem to work for me. Nothing happens when I click the gp3.exe file. I've got Norton Security installed on my pc and I think that's part of my problems. There were some files, which Norton did not trust, so I went to File Insight and set them to trustworthy, but no effect. Maybe some of you know the answer?

EDIT:

IT WORKS!!!! Thank you for the guide! Oh man, I played this game when I was five years old with a keyboard... the nostalgia!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2017 01:46PM by Constanstijn.
Date: July 10, 2018 04:44PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
I have a problem with gp3 on windows 10. When I click on the executable(directly or via gpxpatch) it gives an error saying can't get 16 bit Colour Screen. Any suggestions?

Kimi forever!
Date: July 10, 2018 08:45PM
Posted by: pippozzo
mind if you set compatibility mode for executable , putting execute in 256 colours mode. uncheck that, if so.
Otherwise,
Set by videocard drivers , application setting for gp3 executables , putting on Application driven options. Not overwrite applications settings by videocard.
Anyway.
Are you run by DGVooDOO mode ?
Hey, I'm trying to run GP3 2K on my Windows 8.1 machine. I don't know if there's a dedicated GP32K thread to getting it to work on newer OS's but since I got my original GP3 to work through the tips in this topic (and thank you all A LOT because I adore these games), I applied the exact same settings to GP32K since it's running on the same graphics engine, IIRC.
So, everything seems to work, even the graphics calibration! However, every time I try to enter a race, practice run, whatsoever, the game loads the track and crashes as soon as it's trying to put my car on the road. It's really frustrating and I don't see why it's crashing every single time.
Here's my OS and run details:
- GP3 2000 Season
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Currently trying with GPxPatch 4.44 with every addition disabled
- GP3_2000.exe set to run as admin, no compatibility mode because GPxPatch does the compatibility stuff
- GP3_2000.exe is NoCD + 4GB Patch
- Tried running in Software and Hardware mode using dgVoodoo 2.55.2

So, if anyone could tell me what and where I went wrong, I'd love to have some tips.
Thank you!
Date: July 25, 2018 02:11PM
by first ,
try to change the max lenght option for circuit in GpxTrack , set to 20km .

Have sure
to set dgvoodoo in full screen mode,
directX setted to "dgvoodoo Virtual 3d accelerated card" , to 1024 VRAM .
no mipmapping - fast video memory access - antialias appdriven or OFF.
uncheck every other checkbox.
pippozzo schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> by first ,
> try to change the max lenght option for circuit in
> GpxTrack , set to 20km .
>
> Have sure
> to set dgvoodoo in full screen mode,
> directX setted to "dgvoodoo Virtual 3d accelerated
> card" , to 1024 VRAM .
> no mipmapping - fast video memory access -
> antialias appdriven or OFF.
> uncheck every other checkbox.

I've tried and double-checked all that, and yet it keeps crashing.. But I've got a few screenshots of my settings and my gpxload.txt as the GPxPatch log attached.. maybe you can make something of that?
( I didn't post the screenshots as pictures because they're unedited screenshots from Windows, AKA, ungodly large in resolution, and the links just link to Imgur anyway)

dgVoodoo settings
GP3_2000.exe settings
GPxPatch Settings
GPxLoad.txt log

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2018 01:04PM by ThePanzafahra.
Date: July 26, 2018 05:37PM
Try to re-set all 17 tracks by select one by one from your \circuits\ folder , basically re-editing your tracks.set file.
Thinking about all uppercases names without a path before suggested don't found the names of track or its path.
re-edit all track set by GPxTrack... One by one.
Too bad.. I tried to do that, I did exactly what you said and it still crashed.. and comparing the latest log to the one I posted doesn't really give much difference.. I selected f1ct01-17.dat in the set file, but (and this is just me being curious), what are the F1CTL01-17.dat files there for?

Either way, nice suggestion but it didn't work.

But I got a feeling it's either got to do with my screen resolution (which would be unlikely because the graphics calibration worked from start to finish and so did the manual tests) or.. maybe sound? I honestly don't know..
Date: July 27, 2018 10:55AM
Are you sure GPxPatch is starting with option "enable Debug mode" option checked ?

anyway... Editing the file tracks.set content you should find :

[TrackFiles]
f1ct01=circuits\f1ct01.dat
f1ct02=circuits\f1ct02.dat
f1ct03=circuits\f1ct03.dat
f1ct04=circuits\f1ct04.dat
f1ct05=circuits\f1ct05.dat
f1ct06=circuits\f1ct06.dat
f1ct07=circuits\f1ct07.dat
f1ct08=circuits\f1ct08.dat
f1ct09=circuits\f1ct09.dat
f1ct10=circuits\f1ct10.dat
f1ct11=circuits\f1ct11.dat
f1ct12=circuits\f1ct12.dat
f1ct13=circuits\f1ct13.dat
f1ct14=circuits\f1ct14.dat
f1ct15=circuits\f1ct15.dat
f1ct16=circuits\f1ct16.dat
f1ct17=circuits\f1ct17.dat

and have sure those file are all in your c:\Games\Grand Prix 3 2000 Season\circuits
folder...

Try to find something to this link about a graphic crash... I don't know if
applicable, but to try.
[www.grandprixgames.org]
None of that really worked... it's really weird that nothing will work but I suppose in a week or two i'll be able to do more about it because i'm really limited in my abilities to look that kinda stuff up.
Maybe a whole clean installation should help..?
Date: July 30, 2018 05:03PM
Unfortunelly, I am not expert aboput GP3 2000 season , cause I started to develop on classic GP3 (1.13) ,
and I don't know many problem about the 2000 one.

this link is a complete patch to improve GP3 2000 season's stuff
on the default installation.
Let's try it.

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 04, 2018 01:11PM
Will a 2 GB graphics card struggle so far as FPS is concerned?

Kimi forever!
Date: August 04, 2018 08:44PM
ABOUT THAT I NOTED JUST A THING.
WHEN U HAVE A QUICK RACE FROM THE STARTING MENU, (SHOWING "QUICK RACE" - "MAIN MENU" ) , IT SEEMS SO STRUGGLE WITH CPU OCCUPANCY. IT SEEMS DUE TO RAIN PROBABILITY.
I THINK IT LOADS HEAVY SKY BITMAPS WITH NO CLOUDS CONDITIONS , GENERATING THAT.
IF U SET RAIN PERCENTAGE PROBABILITY TO 30 -35% IT WILL LOAD THE CLOUDY ALSO IF NOT RAINING ACTUALLY.
AND FPS SHOULD BE BETTER.
Date: August 05, 2018 06:40PM
Wow, thats interesting. Will try that.

Kimi forever!
Date: August 05, 2018 07:07PM
I reduced resolution down to 640*480 and now its playable. Isn't there any way to get better textures without reducing resolution?

Kimi forever!
Date: August 06, 2018 05:40PM
I am unable to run gpxpatch with debug mode on, gp3 keeps crashing in windows 10.:-(

Kimi forever!
Date: August 06, 2018 10:18PM
Posted by: ThePanzafahra
ooleeeo schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am unable to run gpxpatch with debug mode on,
> gp3 keeps crashing in windows 10.:-(

If you're talking GP3 1.13, it sometimes happens when I'm running a rain race and everytime I quit the game, however it crashes but still saves changes.
Be sure to run the latest gpxpatch and disable everything you don't need. I only have GPxSound enabled, personally, and it works perfectly for me.
Date: August 20, 2018 01:07PM
Posted by: ThePanzafahra
My GP32k problem has been fully solved!
I just forgot to install the EAX drivers on my PC... now, without the Belini repack or whatever that was, I can finally enjoy this game! Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy