FIFA 10

Posted by Covfan 
FIFA 10
Date: October 02, 2009 02:21PM
Posted by: Covfan
Anybody picked this up today?

360 Degree dribbling basically just reinvents the game and makes it absolutely awesome.
Re: FIFA 10
Date: October 02, 2009 03:36PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Wow finally a game with 360 degree movement? Cos they always say these games have analogue support but in reality they never have done. It's something that always annoyed me about pes.

If it has full 360 support that is finally a step forward :)

H E L L O
Date: October 02, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: msater
I might get it. Not sure yet, I need a PC upgrade (4gb RAM, 1gb graphics card) so I dunno really about games.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 02, 2009 05:25PM
Posted by: Guimengo
It still doesn't feel like it hit home with me. It has a lot of freedom of movement and it improves over 09 but the pace of the game is too fast even on slow, and I can't accept how absurdly fast all players move and dribble. To have Lampard do tricks like Ronaldinho on a f-fwd cocaine/speed mix is just unreasonable. A bit disappointed with the graphics too, it's all sharp but still way off PES. The same issue with goalkeepers and shots continues, though the actual shooting is improved.

I still feel more of a better feeling with PES (the Jap demo). Yes the players are uptight while running and the ball has the same sound when it's struck (poof) but it has a better feeling of a footy match and a 360 motion too. It takes a little bit to get used to the gameplay as it feels different to the PS2 versions but it is just a better footy experience.

Back to FIFA, who's on the Euro cover? Here in the US it's Lampard and 2 crappy guys.
Date: October 02, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: Enjoi
bought it from asda for £25 for the PS3
I've made an online team if anyone wants to join it? I called them FC Hawks (my psn name is hawkeyers) Had some fun playing online but there's a lot of lag, dunno whether it's just me or whether the servers are crap.

btw, lamps, rooney and walcott are on the uk front..

Ric Scott
Date: October 02, 2009 08:21PM
Ric, to (en)join (get it? ;)) I must own the game, not just upload zee lovely picture of me and my eyebrows to the site, right? I imagine 25 quid there is 47 dollars here... I'd buy it if it was on the high 30s

edit: can I buy BDs off amazon.co.uk and run them on my PS3? I thought Blu Ray didn't have region issues, hope I am right as you guys have so much available :|

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 08:24PM by Guimengo.
Date: October 02, 2009 09:24PM
well £25 is alright considering it's usually £40.

I'm not sure about joining if you don't have Fifa, but I was mainly hoping to recruit players to play online in my team :P. So we couldn't sub an AI Gui on unfortunately!

I heard that the games aren't region free, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Ric Scott
Date: October 03, 2009 01:55AM
Do you have a #2 or something on the lower back of your games boxes? I saw on amazon UK that PES is being pre-sold for 37 quid, that's an amazing deal on FIFA :o ! Konami better respond quickly or they'll never have a chance of winning this year.

Also, very silly seeing there were so many reviews out for PES 2010 when those foolish people only played the European demo, it's so different from the Japanese demo (which has one extra week of development) :\.
Date: October 03, 2009 05:26PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i got fifa 10 for free, my xbox broke yesterday so had to buy a new one got the elite £194,99 + Fifa 10 and Halo 3 ODST for free from argos

but ive not noticed any difference in the movement, the game face doesnt work thanks to EA's crappy website servers, and it still has teh dodgey refs and deflections :(
Date: October 04, 2009 12:28PM
Posted by: The Man With The Plan
FIFA 09 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than FIFA 10
Date: October 08, 2009 09:13PM
So how's the game going for everybody? I've read about some nagging annoying things but I still believe this is the best FIFA out in many, many years.
Date: October 09, 2009 01:25PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Feels just like Fifa 09, but more flowing. Having to pay for live seasons sucks. But other than that its perfect.

Date: October 09, 2009 01:58PM
Can't compare it too much yet as I've started at Carlisle United on World Class mode after playing on FIFA 09 with Lyon with Torres in the team. But after playing a season (wow, didn't take long to play 46 games lol) I can say it's an improvement on '09. Maybe not big enough to warrant many people buying it - I wasn't a big fan of the fact that they cost the same as other games but it's basically just an improved version of the last one, but now I think about it - I play Fifa LOADS more than any other game, purely because it's what I play when there's a few of us wanting to play on the playstation, so I think it's worth it for me at least.

I'm having fun as Carlisle, it's pretty difficult to score but that's probably down to the poor stats for the players rather than a gameplay thing. I started off the first part of the season in the relegation zone but as I got used to the game I got better and finished in 11th. The manager mode seems improved and is more in-depth, I like the way your Be A Pro player stays with the team you chose to manage in manager mode because on fifa 09 I had myself playing for Fiorentina but when I wanted to go to Liverpool I had to buy myself which was a bit of a tricky process!

They've taken a few of the cinematics out now, I guess that's to please the masses who usually skip all that, but I like all that stuff, in fact, I find it really annoying that they don't have better cinematics - for example, when you win the champions league...it just shows your players huddled together jumping up and down for 5 seconds, after weeks of playing on it and beating the likes of real madrid and barca...all you get is that :P - that's one thing I loved about pro evo , dunno if they do it now but I remember their cinematics being good for when you won things.

Anyway, so far so good, I'll be continuing my 2nd season as Carlisle tonight! Lost the firs t game but then won 5 in a row..

Ric Scott
Date: October 09, 2009 06:44PM
Thanks, Enjoi! I think I'll rent PES when it's out in the US and see how that feels. I miss the ability to edit things in FIFA, it's impossible to edit teams and existing players are very limited on what we can do. Creating new teams just sucks!

I've read Be a Pro is better than Become a Legend, but the whole Master League proposal is too sexy to resist ;). Two more things: can you decrease the game speed more, and how long does it take getting used to shooting/passing without any assists in FIFA 10? It is a b*tch running with your guy but shooting wide because of your d-pad :P. OR do you press shoot and then aim with a subtle touch on d-pad?

ps: has anyone taken PKs on WE/PES 2010? ;)

Edit: is it possible to post a quick set of Flamengo (Brazil) ratings? I tried helping FIFA research in the past but they levelled ratings by country, not individual players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 07:24PM by Guimengo.
Date: October 21, 2009 10:24PM
Any guys here who also bought PES 2010? Also, can anyone post more feedback from FIFA 10? :)
Date: November 05, 2009 06:38PM
I got FIFA 10 at least until the end of the month, I can join that online thing now! I'm glad FIFA is finally a game that would warrant a purchase now... albeit at a cheaper price I think.

Ric, I sent you a friend invite over the EA website! I'll get the game face thing working soon, left batteries charging at home so I can get the picture :P.
Date: November 05, 2009 08:36PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
i didn't like previous FIFA... just download FIFA 10 demo and...
keep my position... i'll stick with PES for now...

-------------------------------------------
Date: November 05, 2009 09:03PM
FIFA 10 demo isn't that great. Also, the PC versions aren't the exact same.

If you have PES 5 or 6/2007 on your PC, stick to that one.
Date: November 05, 2009 10:14PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
i'm downloading PES10 demo on XBOX Live right now...
i have PES09 but i don't know if pays off to buy the new one... the only thing i know is i'm definitely not buying FIFA...

-------------------------------------------
Date: November 05, 2009 10:42PM
The demo is useless, it doesn't represent much at all of the new game. Don't ask me why they made it such way but it is what it is.

Apparently PES 2010 is like PES 6 for the PS2 with true good graphics and a 16-way control, not true 360 degrees like Konami claims. I am definitely getting PES 2010, FIFA probably not but I am giving it a fair chance for now. It really scares me the huge bug list it has though! And our Brazilian teams are crap... most don't have their emblems and names licensed and the player ratings are laughable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy