Codemasters' F1 game discussion

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: March 18, 2010 02:43PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I dunno. This seems like a pretty awesome game. I had a lot of fun playing GRiD, so if they make the simulation better than that, I'll already be a happy camper. I do want full distance GPs though, and none of that 3 lap crap that GRiD had, although for that game I can understand why it was done like that.
Date: March 18, 2010 03:19PM
Posted by: ralv585
New gameplay vids:

I hate the fact that the people playing the game, have no idea how to play it.

It does look a bit arcadey at the moment, but it was set to "arcade" mode

Hopefully the sim mode will be more realistic.

Date: March 19, 2010 12:58AM
Posted by: rocker
Well, now I liked it. It looks better on the video than on those screenshots. The pit-stop is great and the wet weather on the other screen is pretty good also. I just got a bit scared about how the guy drive, he doesn’t manage to go straight, but he handle more or less on the corner (I know that Parabolica isn't the most difficult curve) and when the car loose grip he seems to correct it easily (24 to 26 seconds of the 2nd video).

Gui, when I said about MotoGP 09/10, I already had the Demo (from PSN). In fact I had pre-ordered the game before the demo than after I played it I cancelled... I kind liked the game, but I didn't like the graphics, the colors are strange (I play on a Sony Bravia 46", not the best TV but not the worst). In fact the Grand Prix Mode with the 125 is ok, but the MotoGP on TimeTrial is really difficult. But I still want to buy this game (I just have GT5P, PES10 and Brutal Legends), I have too few games (you know PS3 games are expensive here) I'm just waiting the game price to drop a little after the launch time. Did you play the full game (motogp)? Is it worth buying it?

--------------------------------------------
Rocker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 01:09AM by rocker.
Date: March 19, 2010 03:41AM
Posted by: Guimengo
No, the game isn't out yet. I'd suggest you get SBK 08 for a bike game, or wait for SBK X (look it up!). On Amazon you can find SBK 08 for 13 dollars. I prefer it to 09 because 09 takes away the importance of front tires/brakes and that bothered me. It handles alright but 08 is more realistic.
Date: March 19, 2010 05:33AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
The rain effects looks cool but the overall graphics are just a little better than F1CE and that game is 4 years old. The lack of complete failures is simply bad if they are trying to make at least an effort in making it a simulation, I mean yeah these cars are very reliable but you still see some mechanical failures almost every race, so eliminating that is a serious blow for me. Let's hope that is just a rumor and the final game features full breakdowns, also the hand movement looks weak as well, but I am still giving them the benefit of the pre-alpha stage the game is right now.
Date: March 19, 2010 07:43AM
Posted by: Slash
ROBITUSSIN JR. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rain effects looks cool but the overall
> graphics are just a little better than F1CE and
> that game is 4 years old.

do you have another video/photo sources???

the one's i've seen are just from a third source.. i mean they are being recorded from camera out of amagazine, or tv.
if that's what you're basing your judgement from than i think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself to get to that conclussion
Date: March 19, 2010 10:56AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
That gameplay looks utterly crap from a sim point of view. In real life you need to be brilliant at overtaking - on there it looks like candy from a baby.
Date: March 19, 2010 11:00AM
Slash, robitussin, we all know the graphics will be brilliant.

But I think we all wouldn't have cared if it looked like GP4, as long as the gameplay was better. Which is not the case. Sadly, IMO, it will be much worse.
Date: March 19, 2010 02:38PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Swap between arcarde and sim options is the most correct to implement, to have the best of two worlds, can please the racer inside of you (in an ideal world where have the ideal physics) plus have one laugh or other with that casual joe friend of yours that just dropped by for the lulz without requiring it to have such a previous extensive knowledge of.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 02:40PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: March 19, 2010 06:09PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> That gameplay looks utterly crap from a sim point
> of view. In real life you need to be brilliant at
> overtaking - on there it looks like candy from a
> baby.

don't you read posts?

under the video i said it was set to "arcade mode" so of course it's not going to be realistic. It was a little press event, where they were showing the game off to people who probably are not real fans of the sport and so wouldn't appreciate realistic handling, so showing them the "arcade mode" would be better.

anyway, here are more vids of the "arcade mode"

For me the graphics look good, the handling looks great for arcade mode, and hopefully the simulation will be what we want it to be.

Date: March 20, 2010 09:23AM
Posted by: danm
there are MONTHS of tweaks still to come on this.

just remember how crap gp4 is to drive with default settings.... it is like driving a monorail!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 21, 2010 05:00AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
At least all the features of the game so far sounds interesting, apart from the no full breakdowns. I didn't say the graphics are bad, I am just a little disappointed they don't look much better than a 4 year old game( F1CE is a great looking game still) but maybe I am getting spoiled by GT5, I just hope they don't use the same piss filter they use in dirt and grid but alas the dry racing videos seem to have it right now. Please Codies, get rid of it.

I just hope they show some simulation mode racing soon, because as much as Codemasters wants to deny it the majority of people buying this game will be the hardcore F1 fans that want a real experience while driving the car, not giving interviews(it's a cool idea though).
Date: March 21, 2010 06:36PM
Posted by: Pluis
Ho3n3r Schreef:
> That gameplay looks utterly crap from a sim point
> of view. In real life you need to be brilliant at
> overtaking - on there it looks like candy from a
> baby.

They're playing the arcade mode and also the multiplayer, so the overtaking were all human mistakes
Date: March 22, 2010 08:19PM
Posted by: Monza972
It's still in the alpha/beta stage so it going to have some problems. But definately looking forward to getting it. Going to be immense loads of fun on the Sim mode.
Date: March 23, 2010 01:02PM
I will bet you the 'sim' mode overtaking won't be any different. And how do you know for a fact that wasn't the sim mode?
Date: March 23, 2010 01:59PM
Posted by: msater
No damage.
Overtaking was *&^% easy.
No corner clipping penalties.

This game won't lack anything. Like Monil said, it's going to be immense fun whatever happens.

Anway, how can you rate a game when you haven't seen it in the flesh?

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 23, 2010 02:34PM
To me, realistic reliability in a racing game is very important. That already makes it half the game it would have been.
Date: March 23, 2010 02:49PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> I will bet you the 'sim' mode overtaking won't be
> any different. And how do you know for a fact that
> wasn't the sim mode?

It's in the video description on some of them, you'll have to go to the actual youtube page to see it.

Date: March 24, 2010 12:45PM
If I eventually do get a copy - which I seriously doubt at the moment - will my specs even be enough to start the game?

Pentium Dual Core 2.6GHz
Geforce 9600GT 1024MB DDR3
2GB DDR2-800MHz RAM
Windows XP

Thanks guys
Date: March 24, 2010 04:18PM
Posted by: Nickv
After looking into my crystal ball so I could see the day when Codemasters would release the system requirements, I drew the conclusion that the answer is no.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy