Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: December 27, 2006 12:45AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Latest System and Game updates always download automatically when you connect to Xbox Live Silver or Gold. Yeah I tried it on my Dell monitor, 1080p dosn't work on that either, Really its a bit of a con, no TV supports 1080p over Component in the world so its a bit pointless! Only way 1080p works is through the VGA cable...

Oh no not the Outfit ;) that is truly an awful game lol! However GRAW is one of the best games out there! Not the best graphically compared to others but very fun :) I'd advise to trade in The Outfit asap though ;-)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 27, 2006 12:56AM
Posted by: Karan
Yeah I tried both games out for bout 30 mins :) Outfit seemed to have an interesting concept based on the initial video sequence but it started to look pretty silly in a hurry! I'm thinking of exchanging it at a local store here for PGR3 and Forza

Date: December 27, 2006 04:28AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
the outfit is fun in co-op, me and my mate played about 3/4 of the game in about a 4 hour session tho.

Date: December 27, 2006 07:46PM
Posted by: madotteя
What's everyone's gamertags? I got my 360 for Christmas and it's awsome!! Anyone who was thinking about the FFB wireless wheel I got should buy it. It is an amazing piece of kit. My gamertag is (suprise) madotter.
Date: December 27, 2006 08:23PM
If you check this - [www.mygamercard.net] you can find everyones gamertags :) Obviously mines Ianwoollam ;)

Date: January 15, 2007 12:29AM
[movies.teamxbox.com]

If that is gonna be the GFX, and it isn't rendered, goddamn I'm looking forward to GRAW 2! :D

Date: January 16, 2007 10:50PM
Just got my VGA cable this morning and it definitely does look a bit washed out on my monitor compared to the component cable :( On the bright side you have a lot more resolutions to play with (to avoid stretched formats) and there seems to be less jaggies too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2007 11:07PM by Karan.
Date: January 16, 2007 11:51PM
Yeah thats the advantage and drawback of it, the jaggedness disappears but you lose the vibrant colors Component gives you :( Its got something to do with PC Monitors not been able to accept TV Signals properly through the VGA port or something.... Works ok on my Samsung TV tho! Hopefully when Microsoft finally release a HDMI version you can use a HDMI to DVI Converter and get a kick ass picture! But the rumors are thats not gonna be ready till the end of the year :( Suppose waiting is better though than them rushing with it and making a poor job of it...

Date: January 19, 2007 05:02AM
wont I need to buy a whole new console to get an HDMI output though? or how exactly is that going to work...?

anyway i'm kinda getting used to the colors on the VGA cable now. actually it doesnt seem to be so bad and, to me anyway, looks more natural in most cases :) just finished GRAW today, boy that sure was an awfully short game. I was a bit surprised when the end-credits hit, as I was expecting them to use all those various environments from the multiplayer mode, in the campaign mode as well but it seems those environments were made only for online play. Pity but a great looking game and really showcases the console well :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2007 05:04AM by Karan.
Date: January 19, 2007 09:00AM
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wont I need to buy a whole new console to get an
> HDMI output though? or how exactly is that going
> to work...?
>
> anyway i'm kinda getting used to the colors on the
> VGA cable now. actually it doesnt seem to be so
> bad and, to me anyway, looks more natural in most
> cases :) just finished GRAW today, boy that sure
> was an awfully short game. I was a bit surprised
> when the end-credits hit, as I was expecting them
> to use all those various environments from the
> multiplayer mode, in the campaign mode as well but
> it seems those environments were made only for
> online play. Pity but a great looking game and
> really showcases the console well :)

GRAW short?

huh?

Date: January 19, 2007 09:19AM
yeah it took me only about 9 hours to run through the entire game on campaign mode, its not very long at all. however i'll be still playing it for the online play, which still makes it a pretty worthwhile purchase with some 10 maps and various types of multiplayer matchups.

Date: January 19, 2007 12:59PM
Best not play Lost Planet then ;) That only took me about 8 hours to complete!

GRAW gets really hard on hard mode, 1 shot kill all the time :/ takes alot longer than 9 hours on that :)

I'm not sure what they are planning with HDMI, some places say its going to be a v2 360, but tbh Microsoft arn't dumb, they ain't gonna alienate the 10 million current consumers, so I highly doubt they will end up bringing out a new console and leaving the rest of their customers out like that after 2 years...

Date: January 19, 2007 05:58PM
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah it took me only about 9 hours to run through
> the entire game on campaign mode, its not very
> long at all. however i'll be still playing it for
> the online play, which still makes it a pretty
> worthwhile purchase with some 10 maps and various
> types of multiplayer matchups.

let me guess super duper easy mode?

Date: January 22, 2007 12:38PM
Posted by: Ashers
I will be getting a 360. Test Drive Unlimited, PGR3 and 4, GTR (2004 and 2005 seasons!) and more besides! I would only be getting a PS3 for F1 and GT5, F1 looks rubbish and GT5 isnt out for years..

360 FTW!
Date: January 25, 2007 02:29PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Don't know if anyone has heard this but PS3 is set for European launch on 23rd March for 599 Euros or £425 in the UK. According to XE.com 599 Euros is actually about £395. Considering you can get the Xbox 360 full system for £280 off Amazon, I reckon the PS3 will have to be bloody brilliant from the start to justify an extra £145.

All this info from [news.bbc.co.uk]
Date: January 25, 2007 03:12PM
I had a look at a PS3 at the Autosport Show, it did look good! But to be honest it didn't look any better than the 360 :/

You can currently get PS3's off ebay here for around £300, and all PS3 games are region free...

Date: January 25, 2007 08:13PM
Posted by: ThunderDesign
Lol Xbox Ps3 wtf take a computer :P

Raymond Buijs - Thunder Design

Burn Rubber, Not your soul !
Date: January 25, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: matthewp
You can currently get PS3's off ebay here for around £300, and all PS3 games are region free...

I think I read somewhere that they will eventually be region encoded (not sure on that but I wouldnt go importing one!)

Date: January 26, 2007 07:48PM
Posted by: madotteя
We had an official report from Micro$oft the other day saying that although a few videos are on the internet showing the 360 running through HDMI with a 120bg HDD, there is no planned release for the future for a new system.
Date: January 29, 2007 01:14AM
Posted by: LS.
PS3 disassembly

&mode=related&search=

&mode=user&search=

&mode=related&search=

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2007 01:17AM by LS..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy