Posted by: Rot Teufel
Re: rFactor Screenies.
Date: February 27, 2009 08:26PM
Posted by: madotter
Date: February 28, 2009 09:20AM
Posted by: casabonka
omfg - I think I gotta get RFactor!
Whats the game play like compared to GP4? these screenies look unreal! Good work everyone

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: February 28, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: lanky180
Less traction...doesnt feel as glued to the road as GP4 and also much easier to put in mods etc but still prefer GP4

[batracer.com]
Date: February 28, 2009 07:33PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
casabonka:

don't be lured in by the highly messed about with screenshots posted in this thread, the game doesn't look anywhere near as good in real life. when i first bought it i was bowled over by it and it is very good to use on your own, mainly hotlapping, but that's where it ends. the AI is appalling, the game can look like a dogs breakfast on lower end pc's, and even on high end machines the difference in frame rate from mod to mod is immense.

it IS great for its mods, but i am waiting now for ISI to release rFactor 2, whenever that will be. maybe then they will have plastered over some big holes, such as no collision detection on open-wheeled races wheels, and lack of any sort of weather.

you'll buy it and enjoy it, but you won't enjoy it for long.
Date: February 28, 2009 09:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
the game doesn't look anywhere near as good in real life.

Your right, it looks better:

All unedited.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 28, 2009 09:27PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
hey dave, what mods are you using there mate?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 28, 2009 09:30PM
CART Factor and the Audi R10 TDI.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 28, 2009 10:02PM
what screen resolution?
Date: February 28, 2009 10:06PM
Varied...not that it matters, when sized down the screen res makes absolutely no difference. And if you have to ask what graphics settings its running then it kinda shows how good the game does look.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 28, 2009 10:27PM
i'll state, then :P unless you have an awesome PC then you'll get this, which is with everything turned up on one of the better modded circuits...

Date: February 28, 2009 10:34PM
Full settings is full settings. If it runs it full settings then it doesn't matter how good the PC is.

To be fair to the track author, that isn't one of the better looking tracks. It was his first effort and whilst respectable (HoF) for a first effort it isn't as good looking as VLM or Lonelys stuff.

Those screenshots are unedited CART Factor and Audi R10 TDI running on Virtua_LMs Mid Ohio, Lonelys Vanport and Paul Ricard.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 28, 2009 10:49PM
ja mid ohio is for sure the best looking circuit i have in my racing vault too but there is no way i could ever replicate the likes of the shots you're coming up with.

so i put it down to a) my screen res being crap on a fairly small monitor or
b) some manner of computer magic i don't understand
Date: March 01, 2009 09:02AM
Posted by: msater
After reading the discussion, my opinion is that GTR Evolution is better atm than rFactor. GTR Evo has rain, windscreen wipers, good (amazing) graphics on a high end PC, and lots of things I can't remember right now. I think GTR Evo is the ultimate successor that ISI should be looking at for rFactor2.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 01, 2009 01:22PM
Posted by: Fincent
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> To be fair to the track author, that isn't one of
> the better looking tracks. It was his first effort
> and whilst respectable (HoF) for a first effort it
> isn't as good looking as VLM or Lonelys stuff.

+1. And it was me who made it haha. I am no graphics expert at all :) most of the textures there are just standard ones since graphic editing isnt my strongpoint. The emphasis of my track was more on the infrastructure and the actual layout/road surface. If you want a good looking track then, as Dave said, go for something by TheLonely or VLM, you could try out SLNs texture packs too!

I'll admit that rfactor isnt the best game in the world. Its extremely easy to mod, the graphics are good (but only if you have a great pc), the sound is good but the AI could definitely do with improving (alot) and as mentioned earlier, the only weather you'll ever get is beaming sunshine. You can get night though if thats any consolation. Damage model isn't too good and collision detection isn't that great either. The driving physics vary greatly from mod to mod and it's all down to personal taste anyways. I personally think that it's got a great engine for potential, just requires a good modder.

When it all adds up, you've got a highly immersive sim thats brilliant when you're on the track on your own but as soon as you add in any AI, don't expect what you would consider to be a clean and normal race, it just doesnt happen. Playing online is alright though, but it depends on what server you join. Some servers are brilliant with a good friendly racing feel, but if you try the more popular ones (i.e. the megane servers with 20 or so people) then you'll get idiots driving with keyboards who intentionally wreck your race.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: March 02, 2009 06:51AM
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ja mid ohio is for sure the best looking circuit i
> have in my racing vault too but there is no way i
> could ever replicate the likes of the shots you're
> coming up with.
>
> so i put it down to a) my screen res being crap on
> a fairly small monitor or
> b) some manner of computer magic i don't
> understand

Defiantly no computer trickery or special monitors/res. The screenshots were by 2 different people on totally different PCs. You can see more screenshots at [www.racinglinedevelopments.com] which were taken by 4 or 5 people.

The only edits to the screenshots are resized to fit our website, a banner added to the bottom, and JPG compression. There is no post-processing trickery or magic here.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 06:51AM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 02, 2009 01:00PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy