PES 2008, PES 2009, FIFA 09

Posted by Guimengo 
PES 2008, PES 2009, FIFA 09
Date: January 18, 2008 01:52AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think I've created topics for the past 2 versions of this, maybe even 3 so this one is no different ;). I got it for the PC and have to say it is a bit of a let down from the PS2 version of 2007/2008 (I read 2008 is just gameplay tweaked in the PS2), but still better than the PES 2007 for the "next-gen" consoles.

Somehow the game manages to have less features and options than the PS2 version (PC, PS3, XBox 360, and Wii are the same), and even though the gameplay is better than 2007 for those, it still doesn't feel as tight as the PS2 one (I use a XBox 360 controller I bought yesterday). Graphics are amazing, narration is good but the game feels like a bit of a letdown, unfortunately.

Anyway, here are some screenshots I took today, I don't want to keep taking over the General Screenshots thread. Also, any tips of websites that have correct jerseys for the Premiership, names for unlicensed teams and cleats (boots) updates, please post here!

Since I've played Italy, Portugal and Germany already, it was time to beat England:

Complaints about the penalty

Ronaldinho and his famous celebration

Ronaldo helps sink England even more

Adriano is back in shape and very inspired

Despite a few mistakes by the Brazilian keeper, Doni, Brazil keeps England's morale low with Adriano scoring his 4th goal

The teams head off to the locker room, after the game. Notice #14, a sub that came near the end... that would be me ;)

And 2 video captures:

Júlio César saves a penalty taken by Gerrard

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Ronaldinho free kick on top left corner

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 09:42PM by Guimengo.
Re: PES 2008
Date: January 18, 2008 09:39AM
Posted by: gav
Played the demo, thought it was @#$%&, reinstalled 2007.
Date: January 18, 2008 02:10PM
Posted by: chet
Looks alright.
and you only won because robinsons shite ;) lol
but yeah looks good

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 18, 2008 03:52PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the ref looks like a woman.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 18, 2008 03:58PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
do you play on amateur?

Magic Senna
Date: January 18, 2008 06:44PM
Top Player. It really makes a difference when you go from keyboard to a nice controller, hahaha, poor England never had a chance.
Date: January 18, 2008 08:10PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
It really makes a difference when you play as the vastly overated brasil too :P

H E L L O
Date: January 18, 2008 08:32PM
Someone's jealous ;)
It's not about being overrated, I changed the line up and replaced some players in the team with others (Lucas, Denilson, Alexandre Pato for example), and I have always been good in this game :p. England only scored thanks to 2 major mistakes by my defense, unfortunately I can't control more than one player. And I had Adriano and Ronaldo up front with Robinho and Ronaldinho in the midfield, as Kaká's morale was low ;-).
Date: January 18, 2008 09:50PM
Posted by: Nickv
Guimengo schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone's jealous ;)
> It's not about being overrated, I changed the line
> up and replaced some players in the team with
> others (Lucas, Denilson, Alexandre Pato for
> example), and I have always been good in this game
> :p. England only scored thanks to 2 major mistakes
> by my defense, unfortunately I can't control more
> than one player. And I had Adriano and Ronaldo up
> front with Robinho and Ronaldinho in the midfield,
> as Kaká's morale was low ;-).

Blablabla.

You won with sheer luck :P
Date: January 18, 2008 10:05PM
Posted by: ralv585
i go this game too, originally had it for the 360, but i just couldn't deal with the crappy 360 d-pad, the horrible slow downs in replays, and the no option file download, so i traded it in for the pc version :)

so no slow downs and i can use my ps2 pad (the way its meant to be played) and hopefully the option file when it gets released, haven't checked in a while, but i think its a while off still.

but graphically, the 360 does the whole replay blur thing better than the pc

@gui, Brazil dont count, neither does inter online, gotta play as real teams ;)

Date: January 18, 2008 11:22PM
Posted by: Covfan
Konami need to improve massively, or EA Sports will overtake them.
Date: January 18, 2008 11:53PM
Covfan Wrote:
> Konami need to improve massively, or EA Sports
> will overtake them.

Agreed. My brother even got fifa because of it. They are both as bad as each other now - neither of them are even trying. On fifa it won't even save my pad settings. I've not played enough of it to know but it seems in fifa, all players play the same and are about the same speed and ball control etc.

At least fifa supports analogue for some things - although it still doesn't allow movement in analogue, which is a pisstake, cos both konami and ea are too lazy to do it. Leon Best is chinese in fifa too hahahah.

Too be honest, i'm fed up with both games. PES cheats so much, esp when you are crap teams on hardest. It's all about stats. You only realise this when you play with @#$%& teams, so gui and most players would never know.

H E L L O
Date: January 19, 2008 12:37AM
You are QUITE wrong, as usual for you ;), Daniel. I just started with PES 2008, I haven't created my team yet. In PES 2007 I created Flamengo and all of its players and I'd play against teams like classic Brazil just for fun on Top Player. Then as I got my dorm friends hooked on the game, I'd still only use Flamengo against top teams (I have a Jap friend who used to play Winning Eleven nonstop and he'd go as England or Classic Brazil) and if you know anything about Flamengo, we pretty much only had a very good goalie, a good right wing back and a streaky left back, one solid midfielder and a young promise as AM/F, Renato Augusto. The forward had decent finishing too. Now, many times the morale was low and I'd lose my only reliable players and had to still come up with a way to outplay other teams using my crappy subs so when I actually play as a good team it is just so much easier for me to do anything. My first time playing PES 4-5 on the PS2 I played as Zaragoza and I'd go against addicted people using Chelsea, Barcelona, Milan... and the worst score was a 2x0 against me, most of the time I'd lose 1x0 on extra time or actually win.

PES 2008 has bad goalies, I agree, but that's been going on for a few years now unfortunately :(, but the gameplay is not that bad as you get used to it, but expect 95% of the free kicks within 25m to be goals (against you, at least). And as much as PES is letting us down it will take quite a bit more to descend to FIFA's level.

Lastly, ralv585, I didn't play as Inter ;), it was just a Brazil x England friendly. Júlio César is my starting goalkeeper :p
Date: January 19, 2008 09:24PM
Gui, the keyword there is that you created flamengo, and we all know what that means....

You know how impossible it is to score or even run with the default master league team on hardest when they have not developed? How they are dead after about 2 games, and then after about 4 the whole squad is dead, even though you have done substitutes every match, because of the rediculous stamina thing.
Yes, pes thinks that because a player is not famous, they are unfit and very slow etc etc *rolls eyes*

I am talking about teams that are worse than the default master league team - morocco in pes3 didn't have 1 decent player. Or any team from the english league patches. So don't come telling me that you know how it is and acting like i don't know how to play. If I get beaten, it is by about 1 or 2 nil - but these are largely things that are undefendable, because of how the game "cheats" you out of balls you should get first, but because of a magic force, your player slows down and also you can't string 2 passes together in certain spells of the game - or at all if you are one of these teams. The main problem with them is scoring. Though online (particularly due to lag) there is nothing you can do, people will just score long shots against you, and because of how the crap ai is, there is nothing you can do about it to get the defenders to close down the shots some of the time...

The whole game is very scripted, to give the illusion of a good, fair difficulty mode, where as in reality it is the same bastard cheap easy-to-program cheating that is common in many arcade racing games and the like.

H E L L O
Date: January 20, 2008 02:19AM
The vast majority of my players have their stats on 60s-70s with a couple of items in the 80s (someone's speed, stamina, header or jump, or attack/defense, if they're good enough), for your information.

And I beat the AI with the master league team, usually I take 1 or 2 players and bundle them up and get one decent one to put in the team. I've rarely ever lost a game in PES in all these years. Also notice I mentioned some of the goals being mistakes, the typical cheats, like corner kick headers when your players don't jump and the goalie doesn't come out in the small box.
Date: October 12, 2008 11:25AM
So FIFA 09 is out and I have to say that EA Sports rules the next-gen football world.

This is the PC version and this time they actually used the same engine as the one for the PS3/XBox 360 :). The game plays much, much better than FIFA 08 and is vastly superior over PES 2008, obviously. From what I've seen of PES 2009 it will be more disappointment for us hopeful fans. PES will only keep reigning supreme in the PS2, I'm afraid.
Date: October 12, 2008 01:10PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Well I played the fifa 09 demo, and it was horrible. I have a 2.3
Ghz dual core with 256 mb graphics card, which are recommended specs.
To be honest, It looked worse than Fifa 2002, and it played at a whopping 20 fps even when i put it down to 800*600, lowest detail..
PES 2009 on the other hand played beautifully, the only things that annot me about it are the 'shouty' capitalised player names, and the crowd chants. Have you ever heard the Liverpool fans shout this? FFW to 1.15

not like this

but really fast and constant speed)for five minutes non stop? I had to quit the match it was so annoying. Wont be buying either I think, the lack of attention to detail in both disappoints me, do they watch football these developers?
It took EA until 2006 to make the nets bulge properly on the PS2, FFS...
In fact, with 800*600 they dont bulge now, the net stays still and the ball passes it then magically comes back ;)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 06:13PM by salvasirignano.
Date: October 12, 2008 04:01PM
Posted by: TC
Guimengo Wrote:
> This is the PC version and this time they actually
> used the same engine as the one for the PS3/XBox
> 360 :).

The PC version is still based on the old engine actually.
Date: October 12, 2008 08:50PM
salvasirignano Wrote:
> Well I played the fifa 09 demo, and it was
> horrible. I have a 2.3
> Ghz dual core with 256 mb graphics card, which are
> recommended specs.
> To be honest, It looked worse than Fifa 2002, and
> it played at a whopping 20 fps even when i put it
> down to 800*600, lowest detail..
> PES 2009 on the other hand played beautifully, the
> only things that annot me about it are the
> 'shouty' capitalised player names, and the crowd
> chants. Have you ever heard the Liverpool fans
> shout this? FFW to 1.15
>

not
> like this
>

but
> really fast and constant speed)for five minutes
> non stop? I had to quit the match it was so
> annoying. Wont be buying either I think, the lack
> of attention to detail in both disappoints me, do
> they watch football these developers?
> It took EA until 2006 to make the nets bulge
> properly on the PS2, FFS...
> In fact, with 800*600 they dont bulge now, the net
> stays still and the ball passes it then magically
> comes back ;)

Big laugh at Reina on 7:17 just punching that free kick back :P. The guy playing also isn't good, hehe. But FIFA 09 as you see on my post is on max, 1440x900 32 bit, and my gfx card is a problematic 8600 Nvidia 256mb Mobility GT
Date: October 12, 2008 09:41PM
TC Wrote:
> Guimengo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is the PC version and this time they
> actually
> > used the same engine as the one for the
> PS3/XBox
> > 360 :).
>
> The PC version is still based on the old engine
> actually.

I forgot to mention graphics-wise ;). The gameplay is not the same either though, they tweaked it as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy