Posted by: salvasirignano
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, Jônatas left Flamengo for Espanyol and
> despite being hailed as their best player (which
> to me should be Raul Tamudo) he was just too
> inconsistent mentally. His technique and class was
> there but he'd disappear easily. He scored a
> pretty tying goal but missed his PK :(.
>
> About Ronaldo, I'd love to have him finally play
> for us! He has enough money so he shouldn't be so
> whiny about salary demands. I'm sure he's thinking
> R$350,000 or something absurd like that but he
> should settle for the equivalent to 80-100
> thousand Euro (our stupid coach makes 85K) a
> month, but Flamengo won't have the money. Usually
> the team can pay the previous month's salary a
> month late but all bonuses are about 10 months
> late ;). He bought a mansion in Rio last week,
> about 10 minutes away from the club. He's never
> been this close to playing for us since 1991-92
> (when the club refused to pay his bus fare and so
> he left the kids team) and it would be perfect for
> his career. You got the whole team and directors
> behind you and over 40 million fans backing you
> up. Add to that one of the best physios in the
> world and some of the best doctors and he'll be
> fine for 3 more years!

He'll still be overweight though, however good the doctors are!
A radical starvation diet is required ;)
Apparently he named his son Ronald, not after himself, but Ronald McDonald, because of his love for Big Macs ;)
Ten years ago he was an amazing player, but after his first knee injury at Inter he was never the same player again.
I loved the recent story about how he took three transexual/transvestites back for sex, and two of them wanted to blackmail him ;)
He sure can pick them...
Re: PES 2008, PES 2009, FIFA 09
Date: November 10, 2008 08:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
He is overweight and I agree he has to lose a few kilos, but his body fat is still good compared to most "average" people: 14%. He just got way too strong, and then with constant injuries and not the best care he got to what he is.

The Ronaldo from 1994-1999 is someone to be placed in the top 10 players of all time easily. I'd say top 5 too, above some monsters of the sport but I don't wish to start a discussion here. In 2002 he came back very well, not the same but still managed to be the top striker in the world despite having to adapt himself to a new way of playing. And the transvestites... he said he was stupid for almost cheating on his girlfriend and trying to hire a prostitute and when he found out they were guys he wanted to call it off and that's when they started to try to blackmail him but he came out and was the first to talk about it publicly. He makes mistakes but he's very honest and has a good heart, it's not an excuse but it's understandable some make mistakes when they explode to the world at such an early age. He's been in the headlines since 1994, under constant "surveillance" since about 1995/1996, he was bound to slip up but I believe in his comeback, like I did in 2002 (along with about 7 more Brazilians in the whole country).
Date: November 10, 2008 12:40PM
I agree with you about the top 5/10 players of all time, in his prime he could take on a whole team pretty much. I remember that goal for Barca when he dribbled from his own half, opponents were pulling him back, but he beat them all and scored.
I don't doubt for a second that he is a nice person,but he's gotta be pretty stupid to have gone off with three blokes.
I think him being overweight for the past six years or so has to be partly his fault as well.
Back on topic, I bought Fifa 09 yesterday for PC.
I think it's great, better than PES, but there are a few issues I was wondering if anyone can help me with.
Firstly, I get 60fps in night matches (maybe dropping to 50 or so if there are lots of players in the centre of the pitch) yet only 31 fps in daytime matches.
I play using 800x600 res, so can't go any lower.
Also, there are a few gameplay issues.
I've started out on professional, but i've found whenever the CPU gets a chance, they score :(
So to win a game basically, I have to stop all of their chances from being created, which isn't how it works in real life ;)
Has anyone hacked the ai files in this game?
There are a couple more things, the goalnet patch broke my installation, had to reinstall, the ball doesn't bounce much off the posts, and its too easy to catch a shot cleanly and get a lot of power on it.
I'd still recommend it though ;) (from a former PES fan)
Date: November 11, 2008 05:43PM
I tried changing my GFX setting on FIFA but it never changes my FPS. I played it on 1440x900 resolution with everything on max and then I ticked down one click on the resolution and decreased other things and still got the same FPS, so I settled for everything on maximum except for 3D grass and I put Shaders on level 1. You should have a look and see what processes you have running and close absolutely everything when you play (I notice a very slight improvement with MSN closed).

The issue with daytime I'd say is related to how the sun setting changes so shadows move and the lighting changes. (Oh yeah I never mentioned that FIFA has dynamic weather ;))

About the AI having chances, what setting are the goalies at? As I wrote before, the defense sometimes leaves itself wide open in the middle for a run, I can only suggest you press the button to have your goalie come out as soon as you see a player making a run for the gap and playing defense like this: hold your run button while moving your guy towards the AI's body + AI pressure button + Pressure button. This way you might slow down the opposition just enough to have your teammate recover or your goalie come out to take away any chances of a goal. If such isn't possible, switch to being the goalie and use the button you use for shooting to dive for the ball if you have to.

ps: Yesterday I registered for this open tryout scheme that the Chicago Fire will have in December, let's hope I can get fit enough in 3 weeks!
Date: November 11, 2008 10:21PM
Thanks for the extensive tips Gui, I'm using pro goalkeepers, any higher and I can't score ;)

Guimengo Wrote:
> ps: Yesterday I registered for this open tryout scheme that the Chicago Fire will have in December, let's hope I can get fit enough in 3 weeks!

Damn, I'd murder for something like that ;)
It's a great opportunity for you, I hope it hasn't come too soon in fitness terms.
Don't go for long runs to try and get fit, I would advise you to try and do as much football simulation type training as possible if you can. So many many short sprints, turns and fast dribbles past two or three cones all interspersed with light jogging, jumping etc.
Also, try spend time every day until then with a ball at your feet, even if it's dribbling round furniture, it helps ;)
I wish you the very best of luck with it mate.
Give it your best shot, and let me know how you get on :)
Date: November 11, 2008 10:35PM
salvasirignano Wrote:
> Damn, I'd murder for something like that ;)
> It's a great opportunity for you, I hope it hasn't
> come too soon in fitness terms.
> Don't go for long runs to try and get fit, I would
> advise you to try and do as much football
> simulation type training as possible if you can.
> So many many short sprints, turns and fast
> dribbles past two or three cones all interspersed
> with light jogging, jumping etc.
> Also, try spend time every day until then with a
> ball at your feet, even if it's dribbling round
> furniture, it helps ;)
> I wish you the very best of luck with it mate.
> Give it your best shot, and let me know how you
> get on :)

I already do that with the ball, I have a miniature of the WC 2006 ball I got from McD's (thanks to dad :P) and I play with it like crazy. I'd say it's a size 1 (official match ball being a 5) and can juggle and do stuff just fine. I only have 3 weeks to get ready but have access to the gym about 5 days a week at most. I might run outside but it's already freezing cold and most likely if I try sprinting I'll slide and fall on some patch of ice ;). I got footy every Thursday, I'll just keep pushing more and more there, running all I can until I get tired and sub out for 5 minutes, come back in and do it all again without holding back. I do some very very short sprints at home, when I dribble around and have the ball going towards a wall and I lunge across the living room to stop it before it does. I'm sure the neighbor below must not approve of my methods though ;). I'm relaxed for the tests regarding technique and all bits related to skill but really am quite anxious and nervous regarding the stamina. We're expected to play at least a full hour, I can't last that long right now, maybe 1/8 of that :P
Date: November 11, 2008 11:33PM
I can't say much apart from the obvious really, try and take on a lot of carbohydrates (pasta is best) and ease your training in the few days beforehand.
If you're at home you might want to try these...
Squat thrusts...
For four minutes, do 20 seconds flat out, ten seconds rest, and repeat seven more times. Aim to get in at least 8-10 reps in each of the eight 20 second intervals.
This works on the tabata principle of really intensive but short exercise training. The switch between max intensity and low intensity over such a short period of time is proven to vastly improve anaerobic endurance much more than stuff like jogging.
Plus you can do it in a small space/room

You could also try the same with mountain climbers here, but for two minutes...

I hope these will help (Y)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 03:11AM by salvasirignano.
Date: November 12, 2008 01:39AM
I'll definitely do it! The video isn't loading, it says it is a malformed URL :P. Using google right now to see what squat thrusts are... thanks for the help :D
Date: November 12, 2008 01:55AM
Posted by: NeoLiot
ok... major disappointment with FIFA09...

just got Rafael van der Vaart on manager mode and he appears with number 2... and apparently i can't change that...

seriously... that's really annoying...
anyone knows if there's some way to edit kit numbers in manager mode?

-------------------------------------------
Date: November 13, 2008 01:14AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
OHNMOTHENUMBERSRFAREALLWORNGDUHGAIMISRUINSED!!

H E L L O
Date: November 13, 2008 01:48AM
NeoLiot, when did you get him? Maybe in the pre-season you'll be able to change it. I don't know, I barely had time to play some more regular matches to unlock stuff so I didn't try the manager mode
Date: November 13, 2008 10:43PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
HEYMNOMLOOKSATGMEIMPOSTIGNONAFEORUMDUH

@guimengo
i got he on mid-season... maybe i'll wait until end of the year...

about unlock things... i did't played so much... i jumped right on manager mode... what can be unlocked?

-------------------------------------------
Date: November 14, 2008 01:40AM
You can gain points to buy quite a few footballs, World XI and Classic XI team (they don't compare to PES classic teams though), 3rd jersey for dozens of teams, new stadium packs, and new celebrations (not many).
Date: November 14, 2008 02:56AM
Are you playing on legendary difficulty Gui?
I have tried world classs, but it seems pretty easy.
If you get past a player, they don't track back :(
I can also keep 70% possession with Chievo away to Roma :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 03:12AM by salvasirignano.
Date: November 14, 2008 03:53AM
I haven't had the chance to go up to that yet, I decided to focus on getting points by doing the challenges, and most of them consist of semi-pro mode ;), but when I can I do them on pro. Soon to be world class
Date: November 14, 2008 04:14PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I picked up Fifa 09 (First FIFA game I've got since World Cup 98!!) and it is superb fun! :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 14, 2008 04:24PM
On which platform Ian?
Date: November 14, 2008 04:33PM
Oh, World Cup 98 was the best of them all :D. 1998 was a great year also soundtrack-wise for EA. We had Song 2 by Blur on FIFA 98 and Tubthumping by Chumbawamba on WC 98, not to mention all the other songs that were awesome in both games :D. FIFA 98 to me was the best FIFA of them all (despite not having Sávio) and it had a great World Cup mode too! I still have both, might try playing sometime ;).

Before Ian says anything I'll guess the XBox 360!
Date: November 14, 2008 04:42PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Guimengo Wrote:
> Before Ian says anything I'll guess the XBox 360!

Indeed ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 14, 2008 04:49PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Oh, World Cup 98 was the best of them all :D. 1998
> was a great year also soundtrack-wise for EA. We
> had Song 2 by Blur on FIFA 98 and Tubthumping by
> Chumbawamba on WC 98, not to mention all the other
> songs that were awesome in both games :D. FIFA 98
> to me was the best FIFA of them all (despite not
> having Sávio) and it had a great World Cup mode
> too! I still have both, might try playing sometime
> ;).
>
> Before Ian says anything I'll guess the XBox 360!

I hated Song 2 by Blur with a passion.
Fifa 99/WC 98 had the best soundtrack

Rockafeller Skank - fifa 99

God Within - raincry

And from WC 98(My favourite)

Boymerang - Soul Beat Runna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy