VT Racing at Le Mans (Saturday 26th

Posted by Glyn 
VT Racing at Le Mans (Saturday 26th
Date: November 25, 2005 08:46PM
Posted by: Glyn
The time has come - the big race! 24 hours of solid online racing. Sounds like heaven? Sounds like hell? It doesn't matter - it's here, it's tomorrow, and VT Racing are taking part :D

We'll be doing the usual media coverage on the day with the pit radio being broadcast on the website, and hopefully an NRTV broadcast too so you can watch the race.

In preparation for the big one, I've also made a VT Racing Le Mans 2005 promotional video, which you can download from [racing.vadertrophy.com]. You can either download the file, or if you have a 1 Mb connection you should be able to stream it too. It's pretty big, but it's also pretty high quality.

After the success we had at the Bullrun last weekend, we are looking for good things, but we are also aware this race is over four times longer, and finishing will be a huge achievement.

We'll keep you posted throughout the race how things go on, so until then, we're off to write our "I've crashed at turn 1 on lap 1" excuses :P

P.S. I'm aware there are sound sync probs on the onboard lap, and a lack of fades which should be there at the start. Wanted to get this uploaded tonight, so wasn't gonna faff about :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2005 09:15PM by Glyn.
Re: VT Racing at Le Mans (Saturday 26th
Date: November 25, 2005 10:16PM
Posted by: cynic
Great vid glyn (and Ian and Rich)!

Best of luck to all involved.:)

What time does the race start?
Date: November 26, 2005 01:57AM
Posted by: Gazork0
About 3 'o clock GMT I think :)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: November 26, 2005 11:00AM
Posted by: gav
We're supposed to be broadcasting the NRTV (we as in VTR, not the race admin), so you could keep track that way. Radio transmissions for all 3 cars and NTRV stream will be available here, though it won't be active yet: http://racing.vadertrophy.com

As ever, we'll keep you posted on what's happening, hopefully each hour.

We've 9 drivers, 3 per car, and it's too close for comfort. Ideally we'd have at least 4 per car, and we did have 11 overall, but 1 is in hospital (get well soon anonymous! :)), and another, who we'd poached from vMaxSR, had 2nd thoughts, which is fair enough.

VTR:
Richard Dickson
Neil Stratton (Glyn)
Gavin Wilson

VTR2:
Dave Ellis
Neil Pearson (Korn_Freak)
Ian Woollam

VTR3:
Jannis Koopmann
Sim Steele (Sasjag)
Esben Tipple (Gazork0)

Race kicks off at about 3pm GMT today. And I'm already more nervous than before the start of any other race :D

Lets hope we can follow our Bullrun success with a back-to-back.
Date: November 26, 2005 11:23AM
Posted by: Covfan
I'll wish you luck for the first couple of hours, I won't be here to cheer you on. (Too busy getting despressed at an Arena)
Date: November 26, 2005 12:03PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Coldplay by any chance?
Date: November 26, 2005 12:08PM
Posted by: Covfan
If only there was a mad smiley on these forums.
Todays the day. Woke up pretty ill this morning, think im getting the girlfriends flu, should make this interesting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Todays the day. Woke up pretty ill this morning,
> think im getting the girlfriends flu, should make
> this interesting.

That makes 2 of us then :(

I've had a cold since Thursday (as you've probably noticed on Ventrilo) so I'm gonna get some fresh air this afternoon and dose myself up on drugs before racing.. hopefully we can survive.

DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Todays the day. Woke up pretty ill this morning,
> think im getting the girlfriends flu, should make
> this interesting.

Woke up at 4am with a sniffly nose myself, and never managed to get back to sleep (which is probably a good thing given my earlier than expected start tomorrow). I've felt fine since I got up however, if a touch warm, but hopefully it's just me trying to manage and predict room temperatures here... not a lot of chance of opening windows in a 4hr stint.
Date: November 26, 2005 01:01PM
Posted by: chet
excuses popping out already ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 26, 2005 02:03PM
Okey, I've enabled the media streaming on [racing.vadertrophy.com]

The NRTV stream will stream the server which is currently in a practice, and the pit radio streams are active, but as I type this everyone is in the lobby. They'll probably break away into the seperate rooms after practice.

Date: November 26, 2005 04:12PM
Posted by: six degrees
We're just moving on to the formation lap, VTR1 starts 4th, VTR2 6th and VTR3 11th.

e// and the #14 SFH car has reportedly blown up on the formation lap..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 04:15PM by six degrees.
Date: November 26, 2005 04:21PM
think I got the starting positions wrong, kinda hard to figure out with all the mess on the formation lap.

After 1 lap: VTR1 sits 6th, VTR2 12th and VTR3 19th. 33 cars took the green.
Date: November 26, 2005 04:27PM
KooP got taken sout somewhat by the xUSSR car, who hit the brakes while two cars passed him on either side. KooP hit him and dropped to 25th from 19th.

Date: November 26, 2005 05:02PM
Passed the #38 car who spun n the second chicaine, we subsequently spun in the hairpin. Koop has caught up again and is, once again, being held up :)

Date: November 26, 2005 05:37PM
VTR3 just changed drivers

Date: November 26, 2005 05:50PM
Dave nearly did a Frankie Biela at LM2003 :p
Date: November 26, 2005 06:01PM
Gav got taken out by some numpty in the 148 FBR car, who spun, and on the Mulsanne straight decided to engage reverse and belt the throttle straight into Gav :(

Cars running still, but a tad slow to say the least.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy