VT Racing at Le Mans (Saturday 26th

Posted by Glyn 
Re: VT Racing at Le Mans (Saturday 26th
Date: November 27, 2005 10:19AM
Posted by: Covfan
Bitterly disappointed for all the drivers, anything bad seemed to happen to the cars and you did well to last this long.
Date: November 27, 2005 01:14PM
Posted by: richardd
It pretty much went as badly as it could for VTR2 + 3, taken out by faults not of our own doing.

In hindsight, maybe we should've started the race with the fastest three drivers, even if it was just to get them away from the traffic at the start. I had a pretty good, solid and uneventful run through the night before neil took it over, kept a good pace right through, just a shame the car didnt last til the end.

Next year we'll tackle some of the faster guys with some equal equipment i think ;)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:33PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

i think we should see how the equal equiptment goes during the season before thinking about what eqiptment is used for le mans ;)

I had a good solid stint, i wasnt producing fast times but i didnt spin or hit anything which was my aim for the stint, however 2nd gear was lost about 10 laps into my first stint, sadly and i soldierd on to hand the car over to gav. then gav did some amazing times with only 3 gears, i was well proud :D and then i got back in the car, i like gav, made adjustments for the gears, giving some decent pull from 3rd, and still having a decent top speed. but on my first full lap the engine just ceased on me. i thought it was my pedals at first as i had it full throttle and it just screeched to a halt :(

bring on next year!

Date: November 27, 2005 01:49PM
Posted by: Covfan
One positive thing, thanks to our discovery last night, I now use Ian! as an exclimation.
Date: November 27, 2005 01:52PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
w00t! my life now has meaning :D

Meah, fraid you can't win em all, and our bad luck has just caught up with us :( Lets bring on next year :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 27, 2005 03:13PM
Posted by: bigears
Hard luck guys. :(

But you did very well overall.

Now then, as the last hour is upon us at the race so is the #13 and #15 on the same numbers of laps completed?

It is because it looks like that #15 car is catching up on the #13 car to me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: November 27, 2005 04:37PM
Posted by: gav
Yup, same lap, and the 15 was catching, but the 13 was just holding back.... easy 1-2 for SFH in the end. Damn them again ;)

Hard to say you enjoy a race where 2 cars are out within 4-odd hours, but I did. Lots. Pleasing to know none of the retirements could have been helped no matter what we did.

VTR3 had a crash caused by the Chilean Racing car, and a subsequent engine failure caused by it. VTR2 had connection issues that meant we couldn't continue, and VTR1 lost 2nd gears, and then the engine a couple of hours later... and I know the engine wasn't being stressed at the time as Neil was sitting in 3rd gear, and the revs no-where close to anything dangerous... just a random failure, or more likely caused by damage from the 200mph #148 crash, or a crash later on with the Russian #36, which stopped in the middle of the track.

Happy in the piece of mind that we were in a position that was pretty much our max potential at the time, and that VTR2 were making great progress. Never really had much chance to see how the VTR3 car would have went, unfortunately.
Date: November 27, 2005 07:55PM
Posted by: Glyn
Taken from VT:

I think I share the same feelings as Koop here. It's very annoying to loose 2 cars from no fault of our own, and to even put the VTR1 car through at least 2 totally moronic moments from other drivers (#148 and #36 spring to mind very quickly), but at the end of the day, I dunno about you guys but I enjoyed the racing we had, and thats why I entered.

Looking forward to a fresh start too, especially now we have a seasons experience behind us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy