Race car drawings and more!

Posted by Ferrari_Enzo 
Re: F1/race car drawings
Date: January 24, 2008 11:05PM
Posted by: IWE
Incredible work Enjoi!! :)

Also great piece of work Red_Bull! :)

Also 1 new one from me made in end of last year (posted also in JB birthday topic but link was bitching).
Cud be better but 1 excuse is that I had to use many years old school pencils what I was able to find.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 25, 2008 02:00AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
^ Thats awesome! Love the attention to the shading around the exhaust. I liked your others as well, especially that Benetton.

Heres another one of Mika Hakkinen I did almost four years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 05:31AM by Red_Bull.
Date: January 25, 2008 02:03AM
Posted by: gav
Enjoi, that's staggering. I too thought it was a photo at first. Quite interested in buying one too if you put it up for sale somewhere.
Date: January 25, 2008 02:07AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Enjoi, seriously. wtf. That is awesome. Do you do requests? :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 25, 2008 04:47AM
Posted by: danm
hahah see ric, i told you the itnerest would be high!!

:D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 25, 2008 05:24AM
Posted by: Enjoi
cheers everyone!

i'm jealous of all of the guys that can do traditional drawings, i've tried several times and failed! red_bull: I love the Schumi drawing on the previous page, the logos seem a bit sharper than the ones on the McLaren..

IWE:I'm liking that! I liked that BAR design with the black around the cockpit. Good job on the exhaust too, I always find the dark bits are the hardest to do!

Here are a few more I did, not great quality because I tend to get impatient and rush them lol.

I don't think any of those are worth putting onto a canvas but I have printed the Ferrari one out with a limited edition of 10 to sell to mates. Although I only have a couple of mates who are intersted lol so there's a few spare :P

Gav & Ralv : I'll send you PM with details, thanks a lot for the interest!

Dave: Cheers! I'd be quite interested in going a Francitti illustration if that floats your boat! Don't know my IRL really but it'd be nice to do a motorsport other than f1..

Ric Scott
Date: January 25, 2008 05:39AM
Posted by: Monza972
That looks Jaw droppingly Awesome Ric!!!

At first I thought it was a pic but woah?!
Date: January 25, 2008 05:58AM
Enjoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cheers everyone!
>
> i'm jealous of all of the guys that can do
> traditional drawings, i've tried several times and
> failed! red_bull: I love the Schumi drawing on the
> previous page, the logos seem a bit sharper than
> the ones on the McLaren..
>

Both pictures were given the once over in Photoshop, some artificial smudging was done. I dont consider it cheating as you use every tool available. I still have the original artwork in a drawer. But you're right about those logos on the Ferrari, they possibly are a little too good to be true...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 05:59AM by Red_Bull.
Date: January 25, 2008 06:02AM
nah that's cool, I wasn't having a go about them being sharper, I was just saying that's why I preferred it to the McLaren!

Ric Scott
Date: January 25, 2008 06:12AM
Lol Enjoi! There havent been many drawings wich I have done and wouldnt have thought first that its poo. Keeping it over night without throwing away and it looks already different. :P

And that your RedBull picture would be bloody awesome wallpaper. All those are better than official wallpapers on Renault F1 site few years back and those did look great too and was made with similiar style.

2 drawings wich I didnt bother to finish and did end into folder X behind everything else..

And thiskind stuff I was used to draw for example on lunch break @ work.

This time it did end just for trying something in paint shop pro.. 1 old one did end as Gp4 carshape.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: January 25, 2008 09:43AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
This was done a while ago, and I have a 96 Mclaren one as well knocking about somewhere...but this was done with photoshop throughout. Started with a scanned in basic shape, with the parts mapped out in photoshop and it just went from there :P (scaled down for posting)

Date: January 25, 2008 10:12AM
nice detail in the Toyota IWE..and the side-view of the fictional car looks cool, I think if I were to sketch any I'd probably paint them on computer..

cool pic kirkc! I love that Williams, looks like a really professional drawing...I've tried doing side profile pics of cars but they end up looking pants, I used illustrator though, not photoshop :S

Ric Scott
Date: January 25, 2008 10:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Dave: Cheers! I'd be quite interested in going a Francitti illustration if that floats your boat! Don't know my IRL really but it'd be nice to do a motorsport other than f1..

That'd be fantastic. I'd be interested in 1 or 2 of those. I don't have the facilities to get it blown up and onto a canvas. How much does that cost? Obviously depending on the cost I'd be happy to pay for such a process and postage. Ideally I'd like one of each of the brothers eventually :P Framed above my PC they'd look so awesome.

(Click For Large)
Dario Franchitti

Mario Franchitti

Was a difficult choice!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 28, 2008 01:46AM
Posted by: danm
ooh the bottom right one would make an awesoem vector pic!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 29, 2008 09:19AM
Posted by: fongu
some real nice stuff in here :)

Date: February 04, 2008 08:48PM
This one was pain in the ass to make..

Date: February 04, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: Monza972
HOLY **** :o that is immense!!!!
Date: February 04, 2008 11:23PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Fvck-a-doodle-do! All that drawing skill yet you chose to draw the shittiest driver on the grid.. ;)

Nah seriously mate fantastic drawing, and that goes to all the rest in this thread! (Aside from the total pig shite ones) ;);)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 05, 2008 07:40AM
Terrific effort mate, only issue I have with it is the car seems a little detached from the environment. Only just finished this, and it's probably the hardest/most time consuming drawing I've done so far. I was a bit disappointed with how some of the logos came out but thats one of the limitations of working with blunt pencils and A4 paper. Photoshop was used to clean up the background a little. As you could've seen from my Ferrari on the previous page, I suck at backgrounds (I get bored too easily and try to rush it), so this picture was chosen based largely on the fact I didn't have to worry about that!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 07:47AM by Red_Bull.
Date: February 06, 2008 12:14AM
Fantastic piece mate, I'm working on a Hamilton illustration but I keep putting off finishing it because of the reflective livery but I think you've nailed it there. I didn't really notice anything wrong with the sponsors apart form the Michelin bands on the tyres

Ric Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy