breaking news: Gunman kills 30 at US university

Posted by ralv585 
Still though saying "I dont like Americans" is some serious stereotyping, how can you dislike a whole country of people? What have they done to you?
And as for "stupid yanks", I know there are some American members of this forum, I would think they would be quite offended at that generalisation.
Its akin to saying "stupid brits cant be trusted with injections" or something like that, after the whole Harold Shipman thing.

Re: breaking news: Gunman kills 30 at US university
Date: April 22, 2007 07:29PM
Posted by: anze89
Still though saying "I dont like Americans" is some serious stereotyping, how can you dislike a whole country of people? What have they done to you?

To me particulary nothing. I just don't like them, as simple as that. Probably because they elected a president that started an unnecesary war and videos on the internet don't help them either (on one video they don't know who's Tony Blair, what money is used in UK, and then the reporter shows them a map on which Iran is written on Australia and he asks people if they can show him Iran and all of them point to Australia).

If I would meet an american and he would be an OK guy I would have nothing against him, we could even become friends. Just the 'starting position' in my head is that I don't like americans (probably because I don't like the fact that too much on our TV is said about USA and that in school at history and geography we must know everything about USA and they don't need to know anything about us). To try to make me look better let's just say that americans are not lonely on my 'don't like' starting position list (there's even a whole nation that I would like to exterminate, but I won't tell which one).

I know that I'm a strange person, I could say that I'm not totally normal, most of the time I feel high, but I don't know why.

At the end of the day we can all realize that every single one of us is different. My god would it be boring if we would all be the same :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 09:41PM by anze89.
Date: April 22, 2007 08:37PM
Posted by: Muks_C
that video you saw of the idiots who didn't know anything, it was obviously edited so they left out all the people who actually got the answers correct. if they asked 200 people in 1 day, and 100 knew all the answers, and 100 didn't know any answers, guess which ones they will put into a nice internet video? correct, the ones who didn't know anything. so I wouldn't take that video, as funny as it is, to be a representation of a whole nation.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 08:40PM by Muks_C.
Date: April 22, 2007 08:38PM
Posted by: danm
LOL!!!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Although to add to that story, I was in Walmart in Canada and got stopped by 3 girls to say they liked my hair :s Anyway they managed to ask me where England was, what a pound was and whether we had the internet in England. Crazy lol

Date: April 22, 2007 09:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
If they were that stupid, they must've looked really good. I guess you had a very nice night ;)
Date: April 22, 2007 10:10PM
Posted by: danm
come on, lets be seeing this hair mate!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 23, 2007 12:36AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
yeah! i want mullet photos!

Also, loving muks' sobriety. yeah

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy