breaking news: Gunman kills 30 at US university

Posted by ralv585 
Re: breaking news: Gunman kills 30 at US university
Date: April 19, 2007 03:31PM
Posted by: Nickv
Has theory ever been supported by evidence at all?
Date: April 19, 2007 03:53PM
Posted by: anze89
I don't like americans, so my post may sound a little strange (but I'm in no way supporting what the killer has done). How the f*ck could he kill 32 people with no one attacking him? Were they just frozen or what? From what I've read he shoot 3 bullets into each victim, which means he reloaded the gun at least 2 times. Why didn't someone throw something into him or something like that or why didn't the students jump through the window? And let us not forget the police, that has done a brilliant job.
I'm just sick of these yanks, they want to dictate the rest of the world and they can't even clean the mess in their own country.

btw., why are lives of 32 americans more important than lives of 120 people in iraq that were also killed this week? all the media reports only about usa, almost nothing is said about iraq

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 03:54PM by anze89.
Date: April 19, 2007 03:56PM
Posted by: Nickv
I guess they didn't do anything to him because the guy was mad and had a gun. I think that's enough reason to shut you up. Also, people did jump out of the windows, hence the many injured.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 03:56PM by Nickv.
Date: April 19, 2007 04:57PM
Posted by: gary42
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> btw., why are lives of 32 americans more important
> than lives of 120 people in iraq that were also
> killed this week? all the media reports only about
> usa, almost nothing is said about iraq

It was over 200 killed in Iraq yesterday - but that's becoming less of a shock everyday. You turn the news on now, you expect 'scores dead in Iraq bombs' as a headline - all due to the illegal invasion.

It's like the British sailors taken hostage by Iran - it was a suprise, so it got higher on the news than 4 British soldiers who died in Basra...

Date: April 19, 2007 05:52PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
id like to see anyone jump towards a guy firing a gun!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 19, 2007 08:34PM
Posted by: Advong
Nickv Wrote:
> Very true there Muks.
>
> It's horrible that such things actually happen :(
>
> And about the gun laws in the USA. I read that
> when the first people came to America, they wrote
> in the constitution that every American should be
> able to carry a gun, to protect himself from bears
> and such. But those first people also wrote in the
> constitution that the constitution can't be
> changed, so America will practically never get out
> of this.

|The right to bear arms was originally to do with settling in dangerous areas, whihc predates the constitution. \i think its in there again also because the americans had trouble getting guns to overthrow the british, and they felt that by giving the people guns would keep the political leaders wary enough of a rebellion to act in the interests of the people.

The USA needs to review its gun control laws, they all believe so heavily in the constituion that they don't want to change it. IIRC only one amendment has ever been recinded and that was prohibition. In all reality there's no reason why America has to stick to a document that is over 200 years old, imagine how crap the world would be if science stuck to everything it knew 200 years ago. Society and America have to evolve
Date: April 19, 2007 08:52PM
Posted by: mschumi
I think in the us is following the next quote "There are 550 million guns in this world, one at one person out of 12, the only question is, how do we arm the other 11". This is their policy. Is too bad actually, because i saw a documentary, that in the us, are over 10.000 deaths/year by using a gun, and in canada, their neighbour, wich is a very big country with alot of people, there are only about 16 deaths/year caused by gun shots, and mostly were accidents at hunting. So, why all the violence??? Why all the us people have to lock up their doors? On that doc. also was a person, that recently moved to canada from the us, and she used to lock the doors, and so on, and when she went at her neighbour, at about 10pm or 11pm, the neighbours door was unlocked. She was shocked about it, and the person repleyed that is nothing to be afraid of. So, why are the us afraid of? Not for their own laws? To own a gun is a danger, and makes you think you have the power. Also on that documentary, they say that at the news, they only show killing, and everythine, the bad guy is a black guy. So, affraid of black people? Why, didn't the americans brought them into the us for slavery? now affraid of them? why? Is their own fault!!

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: April 19, 2007 09:19PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think its very easy to say "why didnt anyone confront him" but in honesty the reality would be very different. No one is that stupid

I also couldn't give less of a crap about a game link, its nothiing to do with anything in the reality of what happened.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 19, 2007 11:31PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
No but the amazing Dr Phil wich America seems to think is some sort of God said it was obviously down to games and the oh-so-wonderfull virus that needs to be extermined that is Jack Thompson is out on the prowel again, so legitmate or not, games have been brought into the discssuion.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 19, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: NickKK
I love how they always blame this on games, I would put a fair amount of money down the killer didn't play games at all..

Date: April 19, 2007 11:55PM
Read the previous page...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2007 12:12AM
Posted by: ralv585
in the british papers, i can't remember which, they have him posing with a gun and a picture of the guy in the film "Old Boy" next to him
both are doing the same stance, i guess they'll try to blame anything and everything.

if anyone has seen the video, you can see that he was pretty messed up, there must have been a deep routed desire to go and do something like that, and i dont think games and films could provoke him into doing that.

it comes from within and past experiences, i highly doubt anyone in this world can watch or play someting and think "yeah, i want to do that!"

Date: April 20, 2007 12:22AM
Posted by: keiran
Muks_C Wrote:
> yeah hearing pro-gun American's comments on the
> radio, some say if there were no restrictions,
> then it would have been better for this situation,
> as all the victims would have been able to defend
> themselves.
>
> but my counter-argument for that crazy opinion, is
> that this kind of thing would happen far more
> frequently if everyone openly possessed a gun. any
> little problem at university would result in
> someone getting wounded or killed, but instead of
> a one-off mass rampage with lots of victims, we'd
> see hundreds or thousands of single-person
> shootings. currently this kind of thing only
> happens every few years, so a restriction is
> obviously still more effective than if there were
> no restrictions (of course it depends on which
> state is being discussed).

The thing I don't understand about this whole weapons are for protection thing. Surely you have to be attacked first before you can actually defend... So if someone shots you, it's a bit late for you to pull a gun out and `defend` is it not? :s

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 20, 2007 12:39AM
Posted by: Muks_C
well if someone comes into your house wielding a gun, i think it's safe to say you have the right to shoot him before he shoots you, as the intent is there. i think you'd be let off under a claim of self-defence in that situation.

basically, the exact same thing as happened to Tony Martin, except it's your right to shoot the intruder in the USA, whereas here in the UK, you're the villain if you stop the burglar carrying out his occupation, his human rights are infringed, you see.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 21, 2007 02:27AM
Posted by: keiran
Muks_C Wrote:
> well if someone comes into your house wielding a
> gun, i think it's safe to say you have the right
> to shoot him before he shoots you, as the intent
> is there. i think you'd be let off under a claim
> of self-defence in that situation.
>
> basically, the exact same thing as happened to
> Tony Martin, except it's your right to shoot the
> intruder in the USA, whereas here in the UK,
> you're the villain if you stop the burglar
> carrying out his occupation, his human rights are
> infringed, you see.

I understand that but what sort of criminal wielding a gun just stands there and watches you get your gun out, load it etc... To even have a chance of defending yourself you'd have to have the gun in your hand ready to fire.

It's crazy in the UK how you come out as the villain for chasing off thieves. My parents own a shop and some guy stole the float which was a good bit, my Dad chassed him up the street and caught him. Dragged him back to the shop and locked the door, the guy burst into tears and insisted he never had the money (funny how he knew we were after money ;-)) so we phoned the police. While waiting for the police the thief tried to empty his pocket of the money into a leaflet dispenser. Eventually (was wandering whether they were going to turn up...) after 30mins the police turned up and the guy admitted it all.

The police man then goes on at my Dad at how he could be done for assault... With this sort of justice system it's no wander criminals do it. The police man said himself that this guy would be released by the afternoon because he would deny everything he just admitted at the station.

Shows how flawed the system is when you talk to security staff and they say that person is a known shop lifter, arrested many times before...

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 21, 2007 11:11AM
Posted by: Peat
@ kieran - that story makes my bloody boil mate.

Date: April 21, 2007 04:24PM
Anze, next time theres a hostage situation I FULLY Expect you to fly over there, disarm the gunman single handedly, whilst hes reloading and save all those peoples lives. Clearly a situation where theres a large chance that your about to die is VERY easy to cope with for you (however not for the Americans you seem to hate so much) so YOU should be the one dealing with these.

Until YOU are put in that situation you can not comment on it at all. To suggest that these people who died were stupid for being unable to disarm a gunman, whilst themsevles being armed with nothing more than a pencil is down right f**king retarded.

Im not backing up Amercias daft gun laws, or there political stance (infact I fail to see why you brought international politics into the thread other than to get more digs into the country), but f**k me, your post is one of the most disrespectfull and downright stupid posts I have ever seen in the history of this forum.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 05:39PM
Posted by: MarcA
Surely Dave, that last post would offend not just me, but people who are in your words 'retarded'.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: tripleM
Yep, a person trained well enough can reload his gun a lot quicker than some people can imagine.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:41PM
Maybe so, maybe not, do you actually care, or are you just picking at my posts to annoy me, despite having no real point behind it?

My point stands. It is by far the most stupid thing anyone could reply with in this situation.

edit, my post was to of course MarcA, and not TripleM who managed to reply before me. Altho he brings up a good point as unfortunatly this guy had quite a weapon collection and had alot of experience using them. Reload time would be minimal.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2007 05:42PM by DaveEllis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy