Who here plays guitar?

Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Who here plays guitar?
Date: December 08, 2009 07:11PM
Posted by: senninho
Cool, pretty much exactly how i learned :)

Date: December 09, 2009 12:15AM
Posted by: Monza972
Out of Curiosity, but anyone learnt to play the The Chain on guitar? Pretty much the first thing I play when I picked it back up this year.
Date: December 09, 2009 01:14AM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
me................(H)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: December 13, 2009 01:03AM
Posted by: madotter
My baby:

Ibanez Apex 1 BBK with U-bar.

Also have:

Ibanez GSA60 (My first guitar from about 8 years ago!!).
Ibanez RG7321 Custom.
Epiphone SG Gothic XIII edition.

I use a Line6 Spider III 150watt amp, Line6 pedal board with wah and a Samson CT7 wireless kit (no more bloody guitar leads!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:10AM by madotter.
Date: December 13, 2009 03:50AM
Posted by: Zcott
Do any of you guys actually do any gigs?

Date: December 13, 2009 12:38PM
Posted by: madotter
It's either that or I spent £1499 on the Apex 1 to sit at home and have it hanging on the wall like a very expensive poster! That and I need a 150 watt amp just for home use and the wireless setup is just so I can save time plugging in a lead!

To wind back my sarcasm, yes I do gigs and sometimes parties :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 07:06PM by madotter.
Date: March 04, 2010 09:46PM
Posted by: LS.
i posted in another thread a picture of my mates collection of rare guitars, he has a loads, rare ibanez ones that the heads at Ibanez didnt know they'd made and flew over to meet him in London just to see them, hes moving out of the UK and has some up for sale, including a rare steve vai DNA guitar

He told me today that hes put some videos on you tube of him playing the ones i presume hes selling,

www.vintagegearnoidea.co.uk

he was involved in a motorcyle accident and was in hospital for 6 months and someone bought him a guitar to learn so it would elevate the boredom

&feature=channel

&feature=related

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 09:52PM by LS..
Date: March 04, 2010 09:47PM
Posted by: LS.
you can see some of the stuff he has in this video behind him

&NR=1

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 04, 2010 11:21PM
Posted by: abdelkader
I also play the guitar. I often joke that me and my guitar have been married for ten years already and that is the most perfect (probably even the only) wife I'll ever have. :)

Initially I had an old, made in the USSR, 7-string classical guitar which I bought for something like 2.50 Euro. It was a real piece of Junk written with the capital "J". The fretboard was not parallel to the body so in higher positions my fingers had to 'dive' to press the strings to the frets. It made my fingers BLEED, which in turn, was a good test for me and my motivation. If I hadn't been motivated enough, I wouldn't have kept on learning after such painful experiences...but I have and I'm forever happy about that decision.
Besides, I had to remodel the nut. I glued it up and then cut brand new 6 gaps for strings. I was only starting to learn to play and having 7 gaps for strings resulted in string congestion. My untrained fingers were not prepared for the strings being so close to each other.

After two years I bought myself an electro-acoustic guitar -Countryman, or something like that. It works pretty fine up to this day and was such a huge relief after two years of using that Soviet junk. In 2003 I got myself a cheap Fender replica which I used up until April 2009. I was actually forced to buy a new one as I simply loved my Fender like stuff. The string action was incredibly low and I didn't have to hurt my fingers. Anyway, it became useless - the electric insights were not isolated and approaching an amp with the guitar resulted in increasing buzz coming from that amp. The neck started falling apart, let alone the fact I couldn't tune the guitar properly anymore. I made a research on what to/not to buy...I was even praised by a guitar centre seller who said : "You were the only guy who played Sweet Child O'Mine flawlessly - not like those c...s who come here and can't even pluck out the intro...while I have to listen to it all day long".

All in all, a couple of months later I earned some money and in April 2009 I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I really love that guitar. However, it was a straight-from-shop thing so it needs some adjustments made by a luthier but it works perfect anyway. I finally got the sound I loved for so many years from now. My favourite guitarist is Slash and while I know there are better guitarists, I love his sound and the tone of his guitar. Now I'm able to produce somehing similar to it.

I really would like to do some gigs but I really can't find anyone who plays the stuff I like. Everyone loves punk rock and funky while I love things like good old hard rock played by the Zeppelins or the Guns N'Roses. I'm planning to make an announcement, about my completing a band and needing musicians, in the local newspaper after I graduate and become a free man.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 11:35PM by abdelkader.
Date: March 05, 2010 08:08PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Five years ago I was an idiot... :P

Here's my current guitar, cept I replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker....lovely sound now, very happy with it, although the guitar needs to be set up again badly...

Play a lot of weird stuff with it...do a lot of different folk music, Irish reels, makey-uppey Arabic sounding stuff....Bands I'm majorly into would be Soundgarden, Kyuss, Wolfmother, Stone Roses, so I try mixing those styles with the folk music I do...Playing through a Peavey Valveking half-stack now, fantastic amp for the price of it. Looking on getting some pedals next to replace my multi-fx.
Date: June 11, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: LarryO
I haven't posted here in a few years. Here's the kind of stuff I'm doing now:
My artist page on indiemusicworks.com

Also did a little video on Youtube

I recently customized the guitar in the Youtube video. Here's a pictorial of this:
My little guitar mod project.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2010 01:08AM by LarryO.
Date: June 19, 2010 07:30PM
Posted by: Zcott
Frank Gambale/Scott Henderson much? ;-)

Date: June 20, 2010 04:59AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
now do classical gas!
Date: June 21, 2010 04:30AM
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frank Gambale/Scott Henderson much? ;-)

Two of my favorites! It's that obvious, eh? (H)
I sure wish I had their chops!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 04:35AM by LarryO.
Date: June 21, 2010 04:33AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now do classical gas!

I don't play it but I love Tommy Emmanuel's version. Heck, I love anything that he plays!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy