Who here plays guitar?

Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Who here plays guitar?
Date: September 24, 2005 01:46AM
Posted by: Muks_C
IIRC, the theme is played right at the beginning while they are prepping the planes and carrier, and we see silhouettes of the planes and men doing semaphor, then it kicks in to 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 24, 2005 05:25AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
mmmmm I think i wanna learn guitar. Acoustic. If i were to get one, can u teach urself to play?
Date: September 24, 2005 09:33AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
No. Well, yes. But I couldn't. I bought an acoustic about 2 years back and tried really hard to learn, but the motivation is hard to find when you're so bad and there's so much to learn.

I bought it in september, and my moto was "layla by christmas", but that was rather hopeful sadly. Mike if you're one of those very determined types then go for it, but its bloody hard going - especialy on acoustic imo.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 24, 2005 02:52PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
layla aint the easiest song to learn in 4 months :-o

You can get some good books to teach yourself ('the guitarist's way' was quite good), or do what most people do and read tab. i had some lessions to start off with (for a couple of years) to get good at reading music and playing more classical songs whichh meant it was then much easier to just pick up a tab and play.

Oh and larry, you aint stealing it but the feel was quite similar, and yes im a huge top gun fan...sad aint it
Date: September 24, 2005 03:10PM
yeah, layla was my aim, but I knew it was impossible :D

It wa the acoustic version I was aiming for, not the uber electric version btw.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 24, 2005 06:29PM
Posted by: harjinator
I taught myself on an acoustic (came from Index, I do believe) the complete guitar player is a good course. Fairly decent tunes, adn teaches the basics. I've progressed to a Telecaster now...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 24, 2005 07:10PM
Posted by: matthewp
I taught myself and have been going for 5 years, the only problem I have is I find it very hard to motivate myself to learn the theory aspect of it, so i'm way behind where I should be on that side of things, but on the whole its ok as long as you're determined to get better, theres lots of good books and online lessons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2005 07:11PM by matthewp.
Date: September 24, 2005 08:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i know no theory whatsoever, just the practical side, by watching someone else play, then copying them, or getting them to teach me, and then just practicing it everyday.

we actually played Layla at one presentation evening.

there was a pupil who was very good on the keyboard, so he basically arranged the whole song on the keyboard and computer, then used the 3 of us (me, my mate and the maths teacher who taught us) to provide the guitars and bass.

i played the lead guitar, with my mate doing the chords and teacher doing the bass, but unluckily for me, on the very first time of doing the riff, my top E string broke!!!

so me and my mate switched parts, cos we had learnt both anyway.
and it was the full 7 or 8 minute long version, with the piano bit too.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 25, 2005 08:21PM
just found an ace button on my Amp... Makes one ACE noise... yay!!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 25, 2005 11:01PM
is it like heavy like top gun theme wow want wow wa wa wa wa wa wow wa wa wow wa w aw awa wa w wow, or more like rockin?

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 26, 2005 11:00PM
more like the intro to Caroline by teh Quo. before it sounded too 'clean' so it sounded completely wrong, but now it sounds just right using same frets. da na na na na na na na na etc etc. rock and roll...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 28, 2005 11:34PM
Posted by: Spike02
my new toy :D

just got this Epiphone Les Paul Custom with gold hardware for £400

feels heavy, sound is awesome. i love it :D

well proud if it ;)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: matthewp
Nice, black les pauls look the dogs.

Date: September 29, 2005 01:37AM
Posted by: BigD
thats a sexy piece of kit spike!
Date: September 29, 2005 09:05PM
Posted by: Vomit
i bought cheap guitar two years ago, and i play it allmost every day (im bored too often) my problem is that i have dozens of my own songs but no band :)... well that was useless informaion

One last kiss for the wicked

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver
Date: October 10, 2005 10:13PM
Posted by: vinnyg
Just learnt to play Guns n Roses Estranged.I am a god. And let Judas be my Priest
Date: October 10, 2005 10:31PM
Posted by: Vader
Are you this isn't breaking the law?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 12, 2005 09:58PM
Posted by: Nik_I
I play my Yamaha FD-02 acoustic. For the money, its an excellent guitar, and very nice sound.

Date: November 11, 2005 09:01PM
Posted by: The Lopper
My new toys!

Got a Peavey Bandit 112, 100 Watt amp PLUS a Zoom GFX 8 pedal all for
Date: November 11, 2005 09:28PM
Posted by: ralphi
i hate multi effect boards.... just makes me... uhhh.. :S imho.. they never saound the way i wan't them too... plus there way to much @#$%& that can go wrong with those.. and way to many pedals to keep track of :|

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy