Who here plays guitar?

Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Who here plays guitar?
Date: November 12, 2005 05:32PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
lol I'd feel sorry for the guitars too paco ;)

I played a twin neck a year or so ago and they wouldn't let me plug it in which was kind of pointless really, but the damn thing played like a dream *salivates* lol
Date: November 12, 2005 05:55PM
Posted by: ralphi
ooo.. nice! never seen one in real life.. did you play the SG double neck or what?! :o are they really unbalanced?!

Date: November 12, 2005 06:14PM
SG twin neck, and you would be blown away by how incredibly light they are...

Actually it's lighter than my les paul lol it's supposed to be a solid body but I think they've cut some corners :P

It's just a little awkward to play having to stretch a little to reach the 6 string neck, but otherwise it's incredibly well built :)
Date: November 12, 2005 06:20PM
lighter then a LP lol.. wow.. that's odd.. you'd think they'd be twice as heavy... i was thinking of maybe getting a epiphone one.. they're not too expensive.. like 1000 euros... but i've fund cheaper in croatia ^_^ my lp cost about 700 with the new pickups so it ain't to bad.. here you get for pickups :P

Date: November 12, 2005 06:39PM
Yea they're £500 over here, I haven't played the epiphone ones, but the only thing you'd sacrifice is tone quality and a little bit of build with it I'd imagine so I'd say that was a good buy! :)

Bit odd playing it standing up though ;)
Date: November 12, 2005 06:45PM
how the hell are you gonna play it sitting... :|

Date: November 12, 2005 07:10PM
Easily, you just hook your arm over the top and put it on your lap, like I said, it's very well balanced :P
Date: November 12, 2005 07:28PM
seems a bit complex to be honest.. i'd much rather stand... or actually.. jump around asi usually do :P

Date: November 12, 2005 08:31PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I have a degree in music, I play guitar mostly, but can dabble a bit on violin, piano, harmonica, hurdy gurdy, ukelele (which is a lot of fun), banjo etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: November 12, 2005 09:01PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
Im looking for a decent guitar tuner (korg preferably) Anyone got any links to one? I don't want to spend much more than £15..ooh and a cheap guitar lead too if you feel helpful :D

Date: November 12, 2005 09:06PM
Cheap guitar leads - Whirlwinds or lynx leads are pretty good and don't break that easily :)

Tuners - Korg do a chromatic one and a guitar / bass one which are both about £15, and there's a qwiktune one for guitar which is about £7 I think :)
Date: November 13, 2005 07:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol I'd feel sorry for the guitars too paco

Hahahaha, me too :P. Those were the real Gibson ones, one being like Slash's, the other the 1959 one I believe... I just played a little bit of the intro of Sweet Child O' Mine, and Jane Says by Jane's Addiction. Nonetheless, I do not play guitar just FYI ;)
Date: November 13, 2005 09:55AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
shutup gui :P

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: November 13, 2005 10:32AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It's true though, I don't lie!
Date: December 07, 2009 11:15PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Bump.

Today I spent a little bit too much money and I am not sure how I'm going to tell the mrs.
I bought a candy apple red Fender Jaguar and immediately ordered 2 Seymour Duncan hotrails humbucker pickups to build in.
I also bought an Orange Rockerverb 100 top and a Orange 4x12 cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
And a brand new Variax 700 to toy with.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 08, 2009 12:31AM
Posted by: airefresco
If you want to hide any of that at my house, feel free ;)
Date: December 08, 2009 01:34AM
Posted by: EC83
Oh cool, an autumn 2005 one! Love old threads like this, you can check out who were the regulars at the time.

Sorry for OT, back to the subject - I do have a guitar, a Hohner acoustic which I got ages ago. It's a bit second-hand now too, having been the focus of attention at a lot of house-parties over the years, but it still plays fine.
I've had a few goes at teaching myself to play it, and keep meaning to teach myself properly till it sticks. Whenever I get plenty of spare time with no uni or other commitments, so maybe this Christmas break(famous last words). Strange really that I've not taught myself to play guitar yet, considering it's THE rock instrument and rock is the music genre I think of as being the mother of them all.

Also, I'll post a pic of it here at some point when I get round to it. Like I say, it's on the used side, unlike the gorgeous pics previously posted here, so I won't be offended if anyone laughs at it :P

Date: December 08, 2009 04:42PM
Posted by: senninho
Holy thread revival Batman!

Seeing as it's here, i'll copy my post from another forum:

Guitars
-------
Gretsch 5122DC - satisfyingly twangy!
Challenge Rickenbacker 360 replica - Lovely and chimey!
Epiphone SG - Surprisingly Gibsony!
Tokai rosewood Telecaster replica - Magnifique!
Ibanez electro-acoustic of some description - Acoustic!

Amps
----
Voc AC30 - no other amp needed

On the other forum, i offered a cookie for anyone who could guess what kind of band i'm in. However, this offer has been rescinded ;)

Date: December 08, 2009 05:17PM
Posted by: Naboo
i do, in the house we have quite a few. And a bass or 2

im not going to list them because im not sure what they all are
Date: December 08, 2009 06:36PM
Posted by: Monza972
senninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holy thread revival Batman!

Holy INDEED!

Yeah, I've been playing for a year now. Mostly it's been tabs of every single song I can find to play. Haven't got a proper teacher since the college is being a dirt and hiring teachers who only come for a week and then bunk off for the next few weeks. I haven't got a proper original guitar but got a Fender Imitation I picked up from Argos. The AMP is also budget since it came with it. Hoping to get myself an Ibanez after I get all the proper chords and stuff nailed down
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy