GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
well, boost used, should help a little bit
Incident 2k9 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could say I'm glad I didn't use a boost, but the
> chances are I'll have a @#$%& session...

you took the words out of my mouth.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I don't like our chances without a boost. Will have to hope for damage limitation this weekend. Hopefully the chances of rain will help offset the boost difference.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I like these activity checks, keeps everyone on their toes...

Also I can't believe how quickly S7 has progressed!

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> I don't like our chances without a boost. Will
> have to hope for damage limitation this weekend.
> Hopefully the chances of rain will help offset the
> boost difference.

Think I've used all of my boosts now too, gonna be tough but I think we can perform well

My boost might be pretty ineffective here... But then again i had 3 to use in 4 races so i didn't have much choice ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
JackHammer Wrote:
> CaptinFranko Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't like our chances without a boost. Will
> > have to hope for damage limitation this
> weekend.
> > Hopefully the chances of rain will help offset
> the
> > boost difference.
>
> Think I've used all of my boosts now too, gonna be
> tough but I think we can perform well

I´m all out of boosts aswell :(
Well f***. Had to reinstall GP4 (as a result of the cars and anim wads being 'unclean' - god knows why).

Lost the following:
Full video replay (1 hr 30 min - most I can get right now is 1 min -sob-).
Proper race distances
f1graphics.cfg

If anyone can help me with these (been an age since I've had problems with GP4), it would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Thanks Stuart and Connor for the help. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 03:21PM by Diax F1.
Alpha Racing Team Announcement

With the Austrian Grand Prix just days away, the seventh season is coming to an end. The season has been an up-and-down one for Alpha, Stefan, what are you going to do about this?
"You are right, it has been an up-and-down season for us. Small mistakes or defects have cost us dearly. Without those mistakes we could have been fourth in the constructors championship at this point in the season and I would be confident about our ability to maintain that fourth position. We are fighting back with back-to-back top 5 finishes, but still I think we all will be somewhat disappointed after this season."

But what are you going to do to have a better eight season?
"I can not get into the technical aspects too much, but I will not be testing for the team during the last four Grand Prix' to get our affairs in order for next season. We also have attracted a new sponsor that is also going to help us with our logistics and we will have strong line-up for next season. Let me introduce them to you now."

From Brazil we have Rodrigo Vilela, currently eight in the drivers championship with 56 points and a best finish of second.
"I'm so happy to continue on ART for Season 8. I think we are in right way to fight on first places, so, I want to thank all sponsors and technical staff. And, of course, thank Stefan to give me a chance to run on top"

From Uruguay we have Carlos Rodríguez, in his rookie season he is currently eighteenth in the drivers championship with a best finish of fourth.
"Extending my contract with Alpha is something I was really looking forward to. During this season I was able to show good speed, especially in qualifying, but with a great deal of bad luck in the races. But these 4th places in Monza and here in Phillip Island have given me a boost to my confidence and in my opinion stability is key to success. I want to thank Stefan again for giving me this chance, and wish the best of luck to our promoted test driver Jake Legge, who is going to drive for Demon on Season 8"

And fresh from the Red Bull junior team, from Austria we have Dominic Brunner.
"I'm happy that I found really quick a seat in a team. I hope I can develop the car in a good way and can help the drivers a lot with their setups. It would be nice if Alpha can fight for the Top 3 in season 8."

A quick last statement from team owner Stefan ended the press conference;
"I'm very happy with the line-up we will have for the last few races of this season and for next season. Rodrigo has shown us he is very consistent, Carlos can be very quick and Dominic has shown us that he will be somone everyone will have to watch out for in the future. After Charrel [Jalving] and John [Maverick] left after the last two seasons we lost a lot of experiance, but by finally having some consistency next season, I'm confident that we can start winning races again. I would also like to wish the departing Jake good luck at the new Demon team next season, he really deserves this opportunity he has been given."
"Thank you all for coming."

Lots of boosts there... :/

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Well I'm not expecting to be very high up... but an improvement over the last two 20th place finishes would be good ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
well let's see what we can do in this race, perhaps a win isn't out of reach. I don't think boosts will matter that much here, but let's see. It will be close, especially in qualy.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Free Practice will be up tomorrow.

As such (and as I usually do):

(if anyone can tell me how to get this to show on GPG as a widescreen video without the black bars at the top and bottom, it would be greatly appreciated!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 12:48AM by Diax F1.
The aspect ratio is all wrong. I'd say sort that out first before worrying about the black bars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Wrote:
> The aspect ratio is all wrong. I'd say sort that
> out first before worrying about the black bars.

Explain?

EDIT: Hm. Seems there are problems relating to using the default A1 Ring track when it comes to the race in tandem with the magic data (the CC-line leads to drivers going off track at turn 1 when using the circuit I from the trackpack). Namely the fact that there are 44 laps instead of 47, most drivers pit in on lap 7/8, and again on lap 18/19 - before not pitting again all race. Also, 3 (not 1) drivers only pit once - on lap 18/19. :-o

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 02:01AM by Diax F1.
The magic data looks OK at my end? Have you tried using the trackpack version instead of the default version?

As for the cc-line, that isn't an error, that's the line that basically all the drivers were taking by 2003.

X (@ed24f1)
This is going to be a difficult race for me.. Last year we lost focus towards the end of the season, lets hope we can change that this year!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
SchueyFan Wrote:
> The magic data looks OK at my end? Have you tried
> using the trackpack version instead of the default
> version?
>
> As for the cc-line, that isn't an error, that's
> the line that basically all the drivers were
> taking by 2003.

Just done a quick check of that, and the magic data works fine (stops around 15 and 30). Ta!

Also, Owen? I think I realise what you were referring to now: the aspect ratio change to 16:9 is intentional :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2012 10:46AM by Diax F1.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Just done a quick check of that, and the magic
> data works fine (stops around 15 and 30). Ta!

OK great, I look forward to the coverage!

X (@ed24f1)
GPGSL Round 14 - A1 Ring - Free Practice
Now in 16:9 widescreen!

Recommendation: Watch at 480p on youtube!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy