GPGSL Rules and Regulations Discussion Thread

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL Rules and Regulations Discussion Thread
Date: August 22, 2013 11:59PM
Posted by: mortal
My 2 cents worth.

C) Keep the new perf system but revert to the old points system where only the first 12 drivers get championship points

2. One stop races

B) Go back to the normal qualifying session

No boosts, doubtful they actually do something 90% of the time.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 23, 2013 12:05AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
My opinion:

1. Points system: A: pointed 15 drivers: 25 - 20 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1. More 2 points for pole position, 1 point for best lap and 1 point for most gained!!

2. One stop races: I agree. Between lap 5 and antepenultimate lap!! Like GPGSL-3!!

3. Qualifying: C: 6 lap!

4. Boosts: I didn't have an opinion about this. So, anything is good!!

5. Tyres: Michelin! Michelin! Michelin! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: August 23, 2013 01:17AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
1- C. Less points but better Perf Values. That's good for newcommers to increase their 'skills' in the series.

2- one stop is far enough. Never liked that in F1, it denaturates the race IMO. For me pit stops are just good for Endurance races.

3- As I was good this year in my first stint only in qualy I vote for A - Keep the one lap qualy format. But I will probably be the only one to vote for that...

4- Keep the current boost format as it is for teams but change the format for drivers to 100 boost and a variance of 500. Don't change the number of drivers boost, that's good like that. Allowing less boosts for drivers would give them less possibilities to influence their race.

5- P... Pirelli ??? The same ones that exploded at Silverstone ??? Hugh...

Date: August 23, 2013 11:10AM
Posted by: gareth
1. Points system: C)

2. One stop races: One stop sounds good, but with a big window in which to make the stop, i.e. anywhere from lap 3 to three from the end

3. Qualifying: 6 lap sounds about right - enough to reward the top drivers, but equally might throw up the odd surprise

4. Boosts: Boosts somehow need to made to be more effective, a well used boost should turn a backmarker to a midfielder, a mid fielder to points finisher etc. I like the idea of increasing the value of the boost, but decrease the number of boosts you get

5. Tyres: I love the suggested idea
Date: August 24, 2013 01:47AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Guys when is the deadline for this vote because I've been drinking and can't be asked reading it all until the morning??

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 24, 2013 01:27PM
Posted by: Guimengo
1. Points system: C), by far. The old system was old for a reason. I remember the very first series and it was impossible for new people. This series is impossible too.

2. One stop races: No bugs = good

3. Qualifying: 6 laps

4. Boosts: Less available boosts with higher value

Danm loves veggies and detests steak
Date: August 24, 2013 04:32PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
1. C
2. 2-stop races.
3. B
4. Driver boost from 50 to 100 for more impact and a driver variance value of 500 at the start of the season.
5. Keeping Bridgestone and Pirelli.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 24, 2013 04:55PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
1: C
2: Si
3: C
4: -
5: -
Date: August 24, 2013 05:51PM
Posted by: senna9194
1) C
2) -
3) C
4) -
5) -

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 25, 2013 12:15PM
1) B, the old points and perf system worked well. I think it was a mistake to change it in the first place. I think whatever happens points need to mean something again.

2) I'd prefer 2 stops but in light of the bugs that we commonly used to experience, seemingly always on car #2, I'm fine for it to stay as it has been this season.

3) B, again the old qualifying system worked fine. One lap qualifying was an awful idea in F1 and and even worst idea for us to implement seeing how random the series already is.

4) Firstly I'm not a great fan of the pyramid structure as I've made clear before, I think it hampers those teams in the mid-field far to much. Decreasing the variable to a starting point of 500 would be acceptable but I'd not be in line with keeping it fixed at 400. I'd like to see a test where one of the bottom 3 teams uses 100 boost for each driver and say 4 team boost points, just to see how effective it is. If it instantly turns them into the best team on track then the system is flawed.

5) I'm a fan of the tyre colour idea but I would present it in a different way. I'd stop referring to the boost system altogether in race coverage and instead refer to those who are running with a boost as choosing to use the option tyre or the soft tyre. I do like this idea though.

May I also say that I very much approve of this format of discussion for the league. I mooted the idea of a FOTA style system a season or so back, to look out for the interests of the teams in case sweeping changes were introduced that conflicted with our interests in the series. This is as near to what I wanted as can probably be achieved, so cheers for that.

Date: August 25, 2013 12:25PM
Having a look back through this thread I've just come across this post from Stu from 2011.

Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Driver bonuses for multi-year contracts? Dan
> Paddock would get +1000 for staying with his own
> team for so long! Unworkable in my opinion.

Stu I'd be all up for this ;)

I've also been reflecting on the idea of a feeder series and just want to know what sort of support it would have if the idea was put forward again?

Date: August 25, 2013 12:33PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having a look back through this thread I've just
> come across this post from Stu from 2011.
>
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Driver bonuses for multi-year contracts? Dan
> > Paddock would get +1000 for staying with his
> own
> > team for so long! Unworkable in my opinion.
>
> Stu I'd be all up for this ;)
>
> I've also been reflecting on the idea of a feeder
> series and just want to know what sort of support
> it would have if the idea was put forward again?

Think when it was first brought up it came with an unpopular matter of promotion and relegation to the main series (my fault on that one, I thought it would be a decent idea).

I'd be up for it to return, just not sure all of the seats were filled unless the testers from the main series were put into the feeder series race cars.

Date: August 25, 2013 12:59PM
Well I think John's original idea is decent enough.

I was vocally against promotion and relegation but a series which stands alone is a good idea.

That way we wouldn't have a huge list of teams waiting for this league.

I think a vetting process would be the best way to promote teams from the feeder series to the main series.

Those teams which have proven to be active and sensibly run would be chosen to go up if a space made itself available in the main series.

The driver side of things would be the only issue as while the testers series here looks full up right now, it is half made up of team bosses.

Also some of those on the list would be test drivers themselves currently.

Date: August 25, 2013 01:32PM
Posted by: brunoboi
My vote:

1) C
2) I agree with one stop
3) A
4) Fixed 400 - Good idea! Up the boost from 50 to 100 to allow drivers to have more impact on the results in the series.
5) No thanks, no problems with the current system in my opinion

Date: August 25, 2013 01:38PM
Posted by: Stoopid
A feeder series has proven to be quite a contentious idea. The idea I would support would be for the waiting teams to team up with existing race teams, but purely to show off their race liveries. The control of and development of the test team during the season would be solely down to the race team and it's owner. Should the test team enter the main series it would start from scratch as per new team rules.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: August 25, 2013 01:40PM
Posted by: shep34
Relegation rearing it's head again?? Hmmmm.....
Something pretty amazingly good would need to be organised for this, to keep a relegated team interested enough to want to continue in the series.... Then again, that may work well, with a turnover of teams. But, if the status quo remains, AMR is never leaving and set to dominate for eternity....!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: August 25, 2013 01:53PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Despite being on the waiting list, I will state now that I'm against a feeder series at this time.

If people are really interested in owning a team, they'll keep their foot in the door in perhaps a driving capacity. Sorting out drivers who can take part in each series is potentially a bit of a pain in the arse, and there will always be the contentious issue of whether teams are relegated or not.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 25, 2013 01:54PM
Posted by: Stoopid
I never mentioned anything about relegation, Glen. I supported Dean's idea about the feeder series and when it was lambasted I said I would never support any other idea about it again. This idea is purely aesthetic.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: August 25, 2013 04:30PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I think it'd be great if waiting list teams could team up with existing teams to show their liveries. But the cars would still be test cars of the existing teams and when these test teams finally enter the series, they start from the scratch like everybody else. But yet they would be incorporated into the series a bit more.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 25, 2013 04:47PM
There is no reason why the teams on the waiting list couldn't do this.

I just don't think many of the main teams would be up for it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy