GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - Hotlaps Season 5
Date: June 26, 2019 02:05AM
Posted by: TomMK
Hi supermonty - no there is no .wad file provided in the tracks for this competition. Please see the competition info page or this post for instructions on how to proceed.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 02, 2019 04:28AM
Season 5 has come to an end with Jcaranti crowned champion after a fantastic, season-long battle with NicoH, well done to you both and all competitors who joined in this season. It has really helped me develop the GP4 Central 2018 Mod into a better experience and we've also ended up with the first half of a 2018 Trackpack as a result!

I will endeavor to make up for some of the issues I've had opening the rounds up - my system is not very flexible (because I'm not much of a coder!) so it's quite a manual effort for me to create each round. I hope to come up with a more efficient way of working before I schedule the next season so it runs smoother.

Now it's time for your feedback: please let me know how you liked the season, if there's anything you would change, etc. In particular:

- Did you prefer the "no fuel penalties" rule this season?
- Did you like the "different car for each event" rule?
- Did you find having to provide the .wad track file yourself easy or too hard?
- Any other comments?

Thanks again for playing!

Date: July 02, 2019 08:44AM
Posted by: shep34
As a first timer, I really enjoyed it. I would however (as said in PMs) have advised whatever car used in testing, can not be used "in season".
Enjoyed the different car per venue idea though.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GP4 Central - Hotlaps Season 6
Date: September 03, 2019 07:52AM
Announcing Hotlaps Season 6 at GP4 Central

Let's do some more hotlaps! The GP4 Central Hotlaps Championship is back. In our previous season we followed the real F1 circus across the first 8 venues of the real F1 season. This time I want to focus on highlighting some of the other fantastic track-building skills of the GP4 community, so we'll be racing on a variety of fictional and historical venues.

There's no pre-season testing because we've already tested the current system well enough last season. As you might expect we open the season with the traditional Australian round, however it's not Melbourne for us this time, instead we'll be tackling Jangka-Mardarni, a thrilling high-speed venue by my former GP4CC teammate AUS_Doug.

Same rules as last season apply. Download the mod and we'll see you on track in the Australian Outback soon!

Re: GP4 Central - Hotlaps Season 6
Date: September 06, 2019 02:42AM
The new season is underway - you can join in using either the CSM or Non-CSM version so it is open to all! First up is a high-speed thrash around the Australian outback at AUS-Doug's Jangka-Mardarni.

Date: September 09, 2019 08:02AM
Sorry guys, just realised that the hotlaps replays were not being saved due to a permissions issue - please can everyone re-upload their replays (no need to do a new lap, just upload the same replay again) so that the files will be saved. Thanks and sorry for the mistake!

Date: September 12, 2019 05:02AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
A big thank you to Tom for choosing my circuit to hold the season opener. I must say it was nice to have reason to fire up the game for the first time in a good while, even if it was probably only for this one round.
I'm unlikely to have the time or motivation to ever again work on this circuit, so if anyone here wants to pick it apart and finish up the graphical details, they're more than welcome to it.
Might make a good first project for anyone who wants to get started with tracks.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: September 16, 2019 03:12AM
Thanks Doug for the excellent season opening venue and it's a familar face on the top step, Jorge taking the opening win ahead of JLM and myself using up my Ferrari early again! Thanks to everyone who participated.

Next up another fictional high-speed blast at the Boromo Superveloz.

Date: November 02, 2019 11:53AM
Lamentably there's not much interest in the hotlaps competition this time around so I'm going to postpone the remaining events until sometime next year. Stay tuned, we will be back, just taking a short break.

Date: November 02, 2019 08:29PM
Posted by: shep34
I really enjoyed having a go in Season 5, following the F1 calendar. Sadly the S6 calendar didn't attract me at all.... i was hoping S6 would continue on with the F1 schedule, hence my lack of participation.
None of the tracks run this season so far, had i ever tried other than Boromo, so my interest just wasn't there. Zolder and Brands Hatch i had been planning to join in, and probably Mid Ohio as well....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GP4 Central - Rebrand!
Date: September 26, 2020 01:21PM
A huge thanks to Samuele who has created an amazing new logo for me to re-brand GP4 Central and take it into the next decade!

I'm very grateful Samuele, thank you ;)(Y)(B)

Re: GP4 Central - Rebrand!
Date: September 26, 2020 01:32PM
And while we're at the updates; I could use some help to test this:

2012 Laptop Edition by GP4 Central

Re: GP4 Central - News!
Date: September 26, 2020 01:36PM
Posted by: quickslick
very nice, that your GP4 Central site is back again. Thank you Tom :)(Y)
Date: September 26, 2020 05:08PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A huge thanks to Samuele who has created an
> amazing new logo for me to re-brand GP4 Central
> and take it into the next decade!
>
> I'm very grateful Samuele, thank you ;)(Y)(B)

You're welcome Tom!

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: September 26, 2020 06:25PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Many compliments to Samuele for re-brand the Tom's site :-)
Re: GP4 Central - News!
Date: September 26, 2020 06:26PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
great, Samuele, the new website looks amazing! long life GP4! :-)

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
GP4 Central to close
Date: July 17, 2022 02:27AM
GP4 Central will close soon.

Unfortunately I've not had the time to devote to the website in recent times and so have decided to shut it down. I had a lot of fun creating the site, especially the GP4 Central Championship, and want to thank everyone who supported me in whatever way over the years.

Download anything you want while you can!

Cheers,
TomMK

Re: GP4 Central to close
Date: July 17, 2022 03:34AM
Posted by: JCaranti
:(
The hotlap championship was really nice especialy with different performance with each car witch made it really complex to setup the car.

Maybe you needed a partner to run the series or merge with someone that was already managing a league.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Re: GP4 Central to close
Date: July 17, 2022 09:32AM
Posted by: MSchumi24
TomMK Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 Central will close soon.
>
> Unfortunately I've not had the time to devote to
> the website in recent times and so have decided to
> shut it down. I had a lot of fun creating the
> site, especially the GP4 Central Championship, and
> want to thank everyone who supported me in
> whatever way over the years.
>
> Download anything you want while you can!
>
> Cheers,
> TomMK

Nooo!! What bad news, I'm so sorry ... :(
Was your site so useful Tom, there are my mods too ...
Re: GP4 Central - Website to close
Date: July 19, 2022 11:33AM
Posted by: SakuMiku
Sad news. I've downloaded a number of mods off of this site. Really is a good resource for stuff

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy