2011 mod New Link on First Post

Posted by littleone90 
Re: 2011 mod New Link on First Post
Date: August 18, 2011 03:45AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Sadly some things never change around here... littleone90 was doing something we didn't have in years, yes there were bugs, but it was an effort to celebrate nonetheless.

But still, personal fights get in the way of the community's interests... what a damn... now we have one more demotivated modder, because he "chose sides". Sides? What kind of community are we in, that if we get a friend, we get an enemy as a bonus? If for once all the fighting could stop, forgiving is good once in a while, makes you feel better when you put your head to sleep.

I now wait for a mod that'll probably never come. As many around here, I don't have the time or patience to build a complete mod by myself. I wait for a public mod, not the "message me if you want the mod" crap. Pardon me, that is just crap. I prefer not having anything than having to polish anyone's apples.

Sorry for the words, there are many good guys around here that don't deserve to read it... I got carried away.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: August 18, 2011 04:45AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well wouldn't it be time for the community and authors to stop the PERMISSION issue. If someone release a file in public then they should be free to use in MODS only with the deal that the credits are given for the author that the file is used in this or that mod. Everything would be much simple and we would have alot of releases of MODS which benefits the community!

Thats my opinion and when the credit is not given when a mod is released then the author of a file has the right to complain. If a file is be used in a mod the AUTHOR should be pleased that it gets used in a mod that means that the file is appreciated!

1 car has to be tweaked and perfomance files need to be added and tested and the V2 version of the mod is completly ready so its indeed very sad that i'll have to give it away in private message but better then nothing!
Date: August 18, 2011 04:54AM
Posted by: TomMK
BigBrother
time for the community and authors to stop the PERMISSION issue.

+1. This game survives only as a result of the efforts and updates by the community. We need to work together instead of arguing.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 04:55AM by TomMK.
Date: August 18, 2011 04:30PM
Posted by: gitanes
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If someone release a file in public then they should be free
> to use in MODS only with the deal that the credits
> are given for the author.
>
In that spirit, i declare in public that, all my files published by me (Performance Files and Loading Screens) are free for everyone to include in any mod, as long as they properly credited!

I know this is not much, since i do no cars or tracks, but i do that hoping that others will follow, so we can become a community where everything is shared to be used and everyone is doing his part to the whole, in order to keep this game alive!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: August 18, 2011 05:58PM
Posted by: rracunis
Date: August 18, 2011 06:10PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Careful with what you say guys. Asking for permission is not the problem here.

1. The author should have the right to decide what is done with his works.
2. Asking for permission is a demonstration of politeness and respect for the author's work.
3. Arguing that we need to help each other should not be used as an excuse to modify a work without the author's consent.

The real problem with permissions is that these simple concepts often get interpreted in wrong ways:
1. Someone who denies permission is a villain to the community.
2. The author will be just happy if I re-release his work, as long as I write his name somewhere.
3. I don't need to ask permission if I share modified works away from the public eye, no matter with how many people.

What happened here, to me, was a misunderstanding that was taken to unneccessary proportions because of some personal issues.

Of course, what gitanes said above is great - as long as this comes from the authors themselves.

Go ask anyone (who is still in the modding scene) who has released a car or track made from scratch to see his opinion. We should not stop with permissions.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: August 18, 2011 06:49PM
Go ask anyone (who is still in the modding scene) who has released a car or track made from scratch to see his opinion. We should not stop with permissions.

Then there is no hope for the community anymore in my opinion

Enzo, Kimi the champ, Gitanes and probabely others already openly said we can use files without asking permission just credit them in the readme when something gets released and thats the way it should be and like that the community will survive and get great full mods which they can ENJOY and have FUN like it should be, now its indeed all ego's and politics and like said above i left that all way behind a year ago.
Date: August 18, 2011 07:26PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
....... hope, there is always hope as long as people respect, no respect there will never be trusted, I never denied my work to anyone, and whenever I needed something, I asked first, to the author; this happened with Kev, Phillipe, Tony, this is how I evolved, because in three years I did 3 mods (I have the 4th almost ready), two tracks and a lot will come, as I said, I have several of my works that were converted by others who respected my work, as said Prblanco do something from the beginning, is like a son, and that's how I see all my work, I want you like it or not ........

ps-just get @#$%&, with some people who are here for 6 / 7 years and never did anything for the community, and then go to send words to the air, should not criticize those who criticize, is what I think...........;)

..........and you know, if they are minimally interested in some work of mine, there will never be stress, spend well............(B)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: August 19, 2011 06:33AM
ps-just get @#$%&, with some people who are here for 6 / 7 years and never did anything for the community, and then go to send words to the air, should not criticize those who criticize, is what I think...........;)

lmfao
Date: August 19, 2011 09:06PM
Bigbrother Wrote:
> ps-just get @#$%&, with some people who are here
> for 6 / 7 years and never did anything for the
> community, and then go to send words to the air,
> should not criticize those who criticize, is what
> I think...........;)
>
> lmfao

..... You make me laugh like hell, I was not referring me to you, but maybe the cap was stuck on tight to you, hehehehehehehehe, and besides I'm tired of this @#$%&, that is talk of kids, but I continue with my works, if you want mods, tracks etc etc, do it with someone already said here, so make yourself learn to appreciate things, see you in hell mother Boys......(H)
(B)

Date: August 20, 2011 08:23PM
Ripping Corpse Schreef:
> Bigbrother Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ps-just get @#$%&, with some people who are
> here
> > for 6 / 7 years and never did anything for the
> > community, and then go to send words to the
> air,
> > should not criticize those who criticize, is
> what
> > I think...........;)
> >
> > lmfao
>
>
> ..... You make me laugh like hell, I was not
> referring me to you, but maybe the cap was stuck
> on tight to you, hehehehehehehehe, and besides I'm
> tired of this @#$%&, that is talk of kids, but I
> continue with my works, if you want mods, tracks
> etc etc, do it with someone already said here, so
> make yourself learn to appreciate things, see you
> in hell mother Boys......(H)
> (B)

Lmfao
Date: August 20, 2011 09:05PM
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Ripping Corpse Schreef:
> -----
> > Bigbrother Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > ps-just get @#$%&, with some people who are
> > here
> > > for 6 / 7 years and never did anything for
> the
> > > community, and then go to send words to the
> > air,
> > > should not criticize those who criticize, is
> > what
> > > I think...........;)
> > >
> > > lmfao
> >
> >
> > ..... You make me laugh like hell, I was not
> > referring me to you, but maybe the cap was
> stuck
> > on tight to you, hehehehehehehehe, and besides
> I'm
> > tired of this @#$%&, that is talk of kids, but
> I
> > continue with my works, if you want mods,
> tracks
> > etc etc, do it with someone already said here,
> so
> > make yourself learn to appreciate things, see
> you
> > in hell mother Boys......(H)
> > (B)
>
> Lmfao

..........Lmfao...........(H)

Date: August 21, 2011 08:57AM
Posted by: hitman1
Hi littleone90.... I had this awsome 2011 csm untill recently. Had a puter crash, really bad so bought a new computer but lost all my Gp4 stuff...I would love to have this mod again. When will it be back on line. Or is it possible to email it to me???? at braun_painting@hotmail.com
Date: August 21, 2011 10:49AM
Posted by: littleone90
np, is not possible to email the mod, you have to wait ;)

Date: August 22, 2011 12:50AM
Posted by: littleone90
I wanted to let you know that after recent events I have decided that the mod will not be released, both the first and the second version.
I also decided to take a "vacation" for an indefinite period from the creation of mod ... this story made ​​me want to go ..
Regards to all

Date: August 22, 2011 12:53PM
Posted by: skyline86
Sad to hear this! Hope in the future, RSCT team will make a great 2011 mod!
Date: August 24, 2011 12:09PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
the same procedure as every year.

this fu*k permission-game destroy the community.
Date: August 24, 2011 06:30PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
Kimi-The-Champ Wrote:
> the same procedure as every year.
>
> this fu*k permission-game destroy the community.

In a similar fashion,the gp4 community never got a full 1997 mod.

Kimi forever!
Date: August 25, 2011 01:04PM
Posted by: haunetal1990
i like the mod! :)

:)
Date: August 27, 2011 12:55PM
Posted by: mortal
This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy