GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Good result after a dismal qualifying. (whatever the official results will be)

The GPGSL currently has more controversy than F1 ;)
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want all of you to take a walk in Paolo Tafuro's
> shoes. His driver has been disqualified, his team
> is a back marker, he has one race driver and is
> now in the hunt for a new one, his test drivers do
> not have what I would call great perfs. His race
> win points are in jeopardy as I write.

and I'm still injured too.And since yesterday I have two feet,ten fingers,nine nails ;)

My GPGSL Career
I really don't like how this first race ended, neither the situation of TGP, having a former champion racing for us could help the team grow ... I hope we'll sort soon all this mess ...

Turbo Lover Schreef:
> Maybe Nick can make a comeback. ^^

Strip Oakley of his win, let TGP keep their points and nobody moves up or down. Solved ;)
Nickv Wrote:
>Strip Oakley of his win, let TGP keep their points and nobody moves up or down. Solved ;)

Sounds good to me, would save a lot of confusion.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Nickv Wrote:
> Turbo Lover Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe Nick can make a comeback. ^^
>
>
> Strip Oakley of his win, let TGP keep their points
> and nobody moves up or down. Solved ;)

Yeh i agree with this, in this case i don't think TGP should lose points. Simplest solution

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Damn Nick and his sense ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Congratulations for Phillip Oakley.

About me, well... our car was so slow, but a 8th place is a good result!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
I think Philip Oakley needs to continue, but with less performance.

This is my opinion. He needs to be exclueded from championship only if he hasn't time to post here frequently.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Nickv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Strip Oakley of his win, let TGP keep their points and nobody moves up or down. Solved ;)

This, or what he said. Although I have chosen not to vote on the issue this is probably the best outcome for Tafuro Grand Prix.

It was pointed out to me that there are three other drivers that have also not posted since S5, and it is clear in the rules that activity checks are not in force during the off-season. Also that the first activity check is not due till May 5th. So why was Phillip Oakley disqualified? The answer is the extenuating circumstances which should make it abundantly clear to everyone.
As you all know, Phillip Oakley was disqualified midway through Season 5 for failing three activity checks. That is the rules. However, what was not in the rules was how to deal with a disqualified driver wanting to re-join the series. This problem caused lengthy discussion and consternation within the GPGSL team, and much open discussion on how we should proceed with regard to the perfs, penalties etc. That question has still not been completely resolved by the GPGSL.
Regardless of those facts, after forcing the GPGSL and the forum into a needless discussion which we really did not need, and then to turn up and make what many have called a rather lame post after winning the race and stating that we can all take a back seat or something along those lines is not in the spirit of taking an active interest in the league. Given the amount of work the members of the GPGSL do to keep the show on the road, we deserve better treatment.
Sour grapes? Some might think so, but all of us, including the participants, deserve better from a former champion. The responses to that post and my pm's warranted that something be done.
Unfortunately the situation has created a problem for Tafuro GP, and another regarding the issue of the points. Hopefully it will turn out for the best all round and we can move on to Round 2 and put the issue to bed once and for all.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I just want to have a say on this, because even though I'm a rookie here, I'm also a driver, a part of the series.

Based on what I've read on different posts, and more importantly what Mal posted before (which make things simpler to understand for me), I reckon that if there is no regulation regarding a driver previously excluded from the series joining for the following season, which is the main problem here, Oakley shouldn't be disqualified. Since there aren't any Activity Checks during the off-season, I don't see any problem with him not posting anything during that period. However, if during next Activity Check no posts from Oakley are found in the last 10 days (which is what the rules state, if I'm not wrong), he should be given the corresponding penalty, and if this happens twice more, he should be disqualified from the season, just according to the GPGSL rulebook.

There is a group of people here which think that the best solution to all this problem is to exclude Oakley, remove his scored points but leave TGP's points, since Paolo Tafuro didn't do anything wrong signing in Oakley. With this solution, I think that a rule that doesn't exist is being applied, and the one who loses more with this is Paolo. Quoting Mal:

mortal
I want all of you to take a walk in Paolo Tafuro's shoes

To sum up, my opinion is that we should apply the rules which are in the 1st post of this thread, the ones I've studied just to avoid messy situations like this, and not to put pressure on any GPGSL official member of the crew just to invent a new rule. Kick out Oakley if he fails three Activity Checks, meanwhile, try to concentrate onto the next race.

(Disclaimer: This wasn't intended to offend anyone posting here, it's just my opinion and you can take it as you wish, as long as we conserve respect between each other)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Not a bad race on my part, tried to keep my nose clean. Got raped up the ass but some @#$%& car, but what can you do; there is always going to be people out there that can't drive for one reason or another.

Managed to get a point after the problems we had in Qualifying, so it's not all entirely bad. Good result for my team mate coming in second. He's great to work with and I think between us we will be able to bring this car to a lot stronger position, he has the commitment and the drive to be able go far.

So in other news, I just saw the new activity check rules, and they have a time written in them. So this perplexes me a little. This year they've found a reason to have a specific time. I wonder what brought that on? Oh I know. Due to the fact that they made up the stinking rule last season and didn't have it written down. This just proves more that my penalties last year were unjustified and that I shouldn't have lost performance points. Amazing how the GPGSL was quick to fix up the hole in their rules. But what can you do.

I see there is a lot of activity relating to Mr. Oakley. He and I have been friends in this series since we both joined and have enjoyed racing together. To be honest, it is a bit disappointing to see him be kicked out of the championship in the first place. I was thrilled when the news came in that he was coming back to race in another season and thought that his commitment had returned. But it is extremely disappointing that he has come back and has the same lack of commitment that got him kicked out of the series in the first place. I think he may need to stop and look at his priorities and life and see if he has the drive to drive in the series. There are a lot of testers in the series wanting to be promoted up to the race series and would have the commitment and drive to make it. This is why I had to re-think my position in the GPGSL at the end of last year and I feel I have come back with more motivation and more commitment. MPR helped me do this greatly and it is a pleasure to still be with the team.

I think I'll end this press release here and shall go debrief with the boys.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Quite right, it's about commitment, and Phillip Oakley has displayed a distinct lack of it, why should we bother with someone who cannot be bothered with us? It's not rocket science to come in here and make a few decent comments relevant to the league, and not about the fact that you have no time for us. That is what gets up my nose.

We are not about to create a rule so we can close this episode nicely, we should apply some fairness as far as Tafuro Grand Prix is concerned. Rightly so, it is not his fault for signing a driver who has a bad record of commitment to the series.

One point that everyone seems to have missed here is the fact that if Paolo had not warned Phillip to make a post after my original post, it's highly likely he would not have done so. Given the content of Phillips post, and the resulting comments that ensued, well, you know the rest.

Removing points from the team is as Marko said "the GPGSL deciding the Constructors Championship", whereas disqualifying a driver, and having no winner, and leaving the standings as they are is probably the best way for us to go with this. Keep in mind we have only disqualified one driver, and the same one twice unfortunately. As I said before I waived my right to vote on the issue, however I did give the rest of the team the option above.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
So,is he been banned permanently now?

My GPGSL Career
The latest news on this sorry saga is that I have just now received an appeal from Phillip Oakley, with an apology for his post, admitting that it was in poor form, and with an assurance that he will not receive an inactivity penalty for this season, in other words, he would have an active interest in the league.
I am not a mean, hard-hearted person, and an appeal with an apology is a good thing in my book. I said before that I liked Phillip, in fact it is hard for me to dislike anyone. Although Phillip's post disappointed me and a few others as well, I will rescind the disqualification, on his assurances to do the right thing.
The subject is now closed and the official results can now be posted. No penalties will be imposed. Moving right along, R2 here we come. :-)

Thank you, Mal :)

Just to say what I said to Mal here, so everyone can hear/read it:

I'm going to be as active as I was in series 1, 2, 3, and 4. What I said on the now infamous :P page 19 was a spur of the moment thing, rather than what I felt. I am deeply sorry for what I said, and I now realise what I said was a mistake. I plan to continue winning races (and hopefully championships) in this league, and even if I don't I will still be active.

Thank you,

Philip Oakley

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
msater Wrote:
> Thank you, Mal :)
>
> Just to say what I said to Mal here, so everyone
> can hear/read it:
>
> I'm going to be as active as I was in series 1, 2,
> 3, and 4. What I said on the now infamous :P page
> 19 was a spur of the moment thing, rather than
> what I felt. I am deeply sorry for what I said,
> and I now realise what I said was a mistake. I
> plan to continue winning races (and hopefully
> championships) in this league, and even if I don't
> I will still be active.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Philip Oakley

No hard feelings Phil. :)

We all regret some things that we say in the spur of the moment - so I forgive you :)

We at the GPGPSL apologise for this state of affairs - hopefully it can be brushed under the carpet and we can get on racing.

However, it's clear that there are some people who bang on the same drum incessantly....thus to Matt:

SpaceAce Wrote:
>
> So in other news, I just saw the new activity
> check rules, and they have a time written in them.
> So this perplexes me a little. This year they've
> found a reason to have a specific time. I wonder
> what brought that on? Oh I know. Due to the fact
> that they made up the stinking rule last season
> and didn't have it written down. This just proves
> more that my penalties last year were unjustified
> and that I shouldn't have lost performance points.
> Amazing how the GPGSL was quick to fix up the hole
> in their rules. But what can you do.

Grow up. There has been no amendment to that rule.

Stop acting as though you have a god-given right to not be penalised for your errors - the simple fact of the matter is when you were punished, you had not posted within the ten day period set out.

And before you say "Well no-one mentioned the time of the deadline so the punishments are unjustified" - I BLOODY DID. In bold bloody letters. After EVERY time the previous deadline date had passed.

If you hadn't read those posts, that isn't my fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 11:57AM by Diax F1.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> msater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thank you, Mal :)
> >
> > Just to say what I said to Mal here, so
> everyone
> > can hear/read it:
> >
> > I'm going to be as active as I was in series 1,
> 2,
> > 3, and 4. What I said on the now infamous :P
> page
> > 19 was a spur of the moment thing, rather than
> > what I felt. I am deeply sorry for what I said,
> > and I now realise what I said was a mistake. I
> > plan to continue winning races (and hopefully
> > championships) in this league, and even if I
> don't
> > I will still be active.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Philip Oakley
>
> No hard feelings Phil. :)
>
> We all regret some things that we say in the spur
> of the moment - so I forgive you :)
>
> We at the GPGPSL apologise for this state of
> affairs - hopefully it can be brushed under the
> carpet and we can get on racing.

Thank you Dean :)

This contract rule amendment controversy: I'm not going to get involved. I've had enough controversy for a while now ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Can we see the championship tables soon pretty please? I just want to see my teams name on there :)

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Good to see this matter being solved.. Good to hear Philip will be racing active again! I think thats what we all want ;)

My focus is on the next GP! I'm training hard in the gym this morning, in the afternoon I will be working on my set up in the simulator..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy