F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
I'd say after 44 laps as that would be my best way of getting points but in the interest of fairness I'd say before the stop

a) after 44 laps

Thanks
In the interest of fairness, before the stop :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 07:38PM by DStonesF1.
44 Laps would be the best. However, if it should be fair, than before pit-stop, however half of the points should be awarded than.
@twigster: Can you tell how often the cars which pitted 7 laps from the end stopped and how often all others?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @twigster: Can you tell how often the cars which
> pitted 7 laps from the end stopped and how often
> all others?

Everyone had only pitted once (of course excluding unscheduled stops) and at around the same time, between lap 17 and 23. However the fuel loads with 7 to go ranged from about 10.4 to something ridiculous like 3.1

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 schrieb:
> kedy89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @twigster: Can you tell how often the cars
> which
> > pitted 7 laps from the end stopped and how
> often
> > all others?
>
> Everyone had only pitted once (of course excluding
> unscheduled stops) and at around the same time,
> between lap 17 and 23. However the fuel loads with
> 7 to go ranged from about 10.4 to something
> ridiculous like 3.1

Ok, as much I'd like to see a strange result... but in the interest of fairness before the stop

Some mods
Before the stops please.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Yeah, why not before the stops?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I think that means we have a majority. So the results will be taken before the stops and I apologize again for allowing this to happen in the first place. I'll upload the race coverage tomorrow as well as Monza free practice later in the day to try to make up for this mess, so I recommend getting any driver offers in sharpish.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Belgian GP Race Coverage
Hello and welcome to the coverage of the 2004 Belgian Grand Prix live from the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit, in contrast to the absolutely drenched qualifying session we had prior to the race, today there appears to be no chance of rain. Anyway it’s down to the track with Mark Webber sat on pole position with all five lights on…

And we’re away!

And immediately the race director draws us to a pointless onboard shot from non mover Raikkonen…

…which in turn makes us miss Schumacher outbreak Webber in La Source to take the lead

And now Barrichello is trying to get alongside the Aussie down the Kemmel Straight

But Webber has him covered

Further round the lap Verstappen has already made good progress from 12th

And it gets better as he demotes Raikkonen to 10th

Glock meanwhile has moved up to 18th after messing up his qualifying lap

And now Verstappen is having a look at Trulli for 8th

And in the end that was easy pickings for the Dutchman

I think that’s Button going wide onto the grass there

And indeed it was Button, he loses a place to Leinders with that off track excurtion

Schumacher sets a new fastest lap as he looks to pull a gap to Webber

Oh and that’s Alonso, mistakenly stepping in for Wirdheim, going wide in Pouhon

And he drops to 21st

Webber is not letting Schumacher out of his sights as he goes fastest

Verstappen and Montoya are very close together at the moment

And the Dutchman has a look going into Pouhon…

…but nothing comes of it…

…but he tries again on the approach to Blanchimont..

…and they touch!!! Montoya spins across the track!!!

This could be interesting…

…ohhh that was too close for comfort, quick thinking from Trulli who slams on the brakes to allow Raikkonen to dodge Montoya

Button is off again this time in the Bustop chicane but he holds position

Lotterer is having a look at Leinders 15th place

And he outbreaks his fellow German in the chicane to take the position

Now it’s Verstappen’s turn to venture wide as he carries to much speed into turn 9

Which allows Heidfeld to sneak through, but hang on a minute…

...it appears that Raikkonens day has come to end whilst we were watching that overtake, a loose wheel seems to be the cause.

Glock is making excellent progress from his last placed gridslot as he challenges Sato for 11th…

But he’ll have to wait another lap

Hmm that’s quite a train forming behind Coulthard, maybe Renault will regret not attending that Silverstone test session…

Meanwhile McNish is looking to relieve Villenueve of fourth place…

But again the overtake fails

Back to the Renault train Glock is having a look going into Bus-stop…

…that’s a nice overtake…

…and he’s at it again down the Kemmel Straight…

…and he takes that position as well, excellent driving from Timo there

Montoya meanwhile is still at the back but is right under Zontas gearbox, it will only be a matter of time

Further round the track Verstappen is looking to redeem himself for letting Heidfeld through…

But it seems he has learnt his lesson…

Oh and Glock’s off at the chicane!

He’ll lose out to Sato and Davidson…

…but he manages to hold of Lotterer

For some reason I don’t see this ending well…

…and unsurprisingly it doesn’t, Lotterer tags the back of Davidson as Glock slides past the pair of them

Lotterer rejoins in 19th, Davidson however only loses out to Glock

Anyway we’re ten laps in, so here are some standings

Is it just me is Webber much, much closer to Schumacher…

A look at the replay shows Schumacher messed up Eau Rouge which in turn Webber caught up massively down the straight

And almost immediately after Villenueve does the exact same thing

Which gifts McNish 4th place

And what’s this, Webber leads the race!

Another handy replay shows Webber outbreaking the Ferrari in the chicane

Very brave stuff from Mark

Meanwhile Button and Montoya are fighting hard

But Button is having none of it

Onboard with Fisichella a few laps later as Montoya, who has gotten past Button but as is so often the case it missed by the retarded race director, passes the Italian on the inside in Blanchimont

Meanwhile Davidson is battling with Leinders over 13th

And the Brit prevails!

(Although the fact Leinders pitted help a fair amount)

As did De La Rosa

McNish is the first of the front runners to pit

He’s out again in 8th

Alonso is squabbling with De La Rosa over 17th

And he outbrakes his fellow Spaniard to take the position

Barrichello meanwhile is into the pitlane

And he has rejoined behind McNish, that’s a net podium position for the Scot, excellent work from both himself and his crew there

Da Matta pits from 4th

And comes back out in 7th

Meanwhile Schumacher has regained the lead as Webber pits, don’t trust the graphic

…and that would be why, Webber comes out of the pit lane in third

Meanwhile Glock sets a new fastest lap, where the heck did that come from?

But right of the back of that he too messes up Eau Rouge and no doubt loses the ground he has just gained…

Schumi and Villenueve pit from P1 and P2, this could be a very important moment in the race…

Unsurprisingly Webber retakes his lead

But McNish jumped up to 2nd place!!! As it stands it’s a Jaguar 1-2

And with what looks like the pitstops done and dusted here are the current standings

Schumi makes his intentions clear as he goes fastest

Oh and there appears to be yet another Renault train, however this time it is Fisichella at the healm.

OOOOHHHH!!!! BIG,BIG moment in the championship!!! Barrichello is in the gravel!!!

He is joined by a stranded Toyota as well, not sure who’s it is yet…

And it is Villenueve who has collided with Barrichello, but what has happened?

Another handy replay shows Barrichello going very, very wide at turn 13…

And as he goes the rejoin he drives straight into Villenueve, what a stupid thing to do with Schumacher currently on the podium…

The view back from Da Matta confirms his team mates innocence, Rubens just blunders straight back onto the racing line and wipes Villenueve out in the process

Barrichello is back on 8th but will have to pit, looks like this could be a pointless outing for Williams…

But whilst the Williams teams is practically in tears, the Arrows team on the other hand are over the moon as Trulli is promoted into 8th and into the final points position

Barrichello rejoins in 10th…

…with his team mate ahead in 9th, I certainly didn’t expect to be saying that after Montoya’s incident earlier on in the race

Schumi, who will no doubt will have been informed of Ruben’s cock up, is all over the back of McNish

But the Scot holds him off for now

And he is still behind a few laps later with just 3 tenths separating the pair

Meanwhile Montoya is having a look at Trulli

And you can hear the massive groan from the Arrows garage as Montoya demotes Trulli to ninth and out of the points

And I am afraid that is all I can bring you as it is from this point where the race goes completely tits up, so the results will be taken from the beginning of lap 34 and will follow shortly

Here are the results but don’t worry, whilst there are no times I did double check to see if any overtakes occurred between the time I took the screenshots and the end of the lap, there were none.

Regarding point distribution I am using the official F1 rulings in this case which are:

If the race had for some reason to be abandoned before 75% of the planned distance (rounded up to the nearest lap) had been completed, then the points awarded are halved: 12.5, 9, 7.5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.5.

Therefore as the race was abandoned after 75% of the race had been completed (84% to be exact) full points will be awarded. However I'll do the points tables and driver signings whenever the hell I wake up as even after ballsing up this race, I think I still deserve at least some rest ;)

Jaguar Radio

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, fantastic race. We're here boys and we're the real deal. We will be fighting for the title next season. Great job to the whole team. Well done guys. FANTASTIC

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
no,just to say,but where's montoya?I see only 2 Trulli ;)

My GPGSL Career
Jordan Statement

Good race from André, even after the collision he still gained some places. Bad luck for Kimi, could have been some points today.

Some mods
senna9194 Wrote:
> no,just to say,but where's montoya?I see only 2
> Trulli ;)

So there is ;) Montoya did finish 8th but apparently the graphics messed up :)

Well that was awful

DOTD
A slightly more difficult one to award than usual but I think Allan McNish's drive up to second during the pitstops takes the bacon this week, however Timo Glock also deserves a mention after climbing to 7th from his last placed gridslot.

Webber Staying on at Jaguar
After taking his second win of the season it was confirmed after the race that Mark Webber would be staying on at Jaguar for another year. The team, which is set to become Red Bull Racing next year were willing to fork out £13.5m to sign the Aussie, however they faced no opposition in signing the driver.

Doornbos to compete in GP2
Current Ferrari test driver Robert Doornbos will be making the switch to GP2 next season after signing a £5m contract with Sauber GP2. The Dutchman will partner the young Finn Heikki Kovalainen in the upcoming season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 06:08PM by Twigster151.
Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 14
Karthikeyan £3m
Badoer £5m
Kiesa £3m
Panis £5m
Motoyama £2m
Baumgartner £3m
Jani £6m
Speed £3m
Albers £3m
R.Schumacher £10m
Wilson £7m
Monteiro £4m
Pizzonia £6m
De la Rosa £5m
Webber £9m
Pantano £3m
McNish £3m
Frentzen £6m
Liuzzi £6m
Raikkonen £15m
Montoya £14m
Trulli £7m

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 15
Friesacher £2m
Priaulx £2m

Contracted Drivers for 2005
Gianmaria Bruni - Jordan - £2m
Sebastian Vettel - McLaren - £10m
Nico Rosberg - McLaren - £8m
David Coulthard - Renault £9m
Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - £9.5
Robert Kubica - Jaguar/Red Bull - £7m
Anthony Davidson - Minardi - £6m
Christian Klien - Minardi - £4m
Gary Paffett - Arrows - £5m
Michael Schumacher - Williams - £21m
Jenson Button - Sauber - £11m
Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - £6m
Felipe Massa - Ferrari - £9m
Takuma Sato - BAR - £7m
Bas Leinders - BAR - £2m
Giancarlo Fisichella - BAR - £9m
Franck Montagny - Minardi - £4m
Jacques Villenueve - Williams - £9m
Alexander Wurz - Jaguar/Red Bull - £6m
Rubens Barrichello - Renault - £15m
Marc Gene - Renault - £4m
Ricardo Zonta - Arrows - £3m
Timo Glock - Arrows - £6m
Bjorn Wirdheim - Williams - £1m
Jos Verstappen - Ferrari - £7m
Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - £16.5m
Ryan Briscoe - McLaren - £3m
Andre Lotterer - Jordan - £2m
Webber - Jaguar/Red Bull - £13.5m
Robert Doornbos - Sauber GP2 - £5m

2005 Signings Thread

Note: Friesacher and Priaulx are the final drivers that will be added to the available drivers list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 06:09PM by Twigster151.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy