F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Toyota Statement

What a hugely disapointing race for us..JV was so close too our second win absolutely gutted for him and the team..also unlucky for cristiano involved in the first lap crash these things happen when u qualify badly :(...heres hoping for a change of luck at spa :)
Good pace from McNish but very disappointed with our strategy guys.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Webber on Top in Silverstone Test
Jaguar's Mark Webber topped the timesheet at the latest mid-season test session at the Silverstone Circuit, Toyota's Cristiano Da Matta put in the 2nd quickest time of the session whilst his teammate, Villenueve, rounded out the top three. Further down the field McLaren finished their first mid season test session with the 8th and 10th fastest times from their drivers Alonso and Button respectively. Also surprisingly neither Ferrari or Arrows attended the session after having being present at all the other previous test events and also Renault chose not to test even though they had recieved money from the loan of Marc Gene. Unfortunately due to mixed weather conditions the teams didn't receive much valuable feedback.

Silverstone Test Session Official Results
1. Mark Webber - Jaguar - 1:30.657
2. Cristiano Da Matta - Toyota - +0.457
3. Jacques Villenueve - Toyota - +0.520
4. Allan McNish - Jaguar - +0.614
5. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - +0.883
6. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - +0.925
7. Timo Glock - Sauber - +1.063
8. Fernando Alonso - McLaren - +1.119
9. Andre Lotterer - Jordan - +1.709
10. Jenson Button - McLaren - +1.782

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Poor for us there. Hopefully we will improve

Very pleased with the pace we are showing of late.

hope we can keep up in the next few races!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Schumacher Tops Spa Free Practice
The F1 circus has finally arrived at the very popular and challenging Spa-Francorchamps circuit in the Ardennes Forest for this season Belgian Grand Prix. It was Michael Schumacher who stepped up to the plate in Friday Free Practice after setting a time of 1:46.441 to beat Toyota's Jacques Villenueve to the top of the timesheets, whilst McNish and Montoya were very close together in 3rd and 4th. The sheer length of the circuit has created a very spread out field with the slowest time set by Pedro De La Rosa being 2.5 seconds of Schumacher's pace, however noticeable performances came from Satoshi Motoyama, who lapped almost half a second quicker than his team mate and reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen and from Jarno Trulli, who beat both McLarens to 14th place.

Setup Reward
1. BAR +0.066
2. McLaren +0.084
3. Toyota +0.128
4. Sauber +0.241
5. Minardi +0.243
6. Jaguar +0.248

(Also apologies for the slight delay but I had some problems with fuel consumption so I had to iron that out before running the session.)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2011 05:35PM by Twigster151.
BAR
Still at the back. However, Bas is improving in every weekend. That's good.
Webber on Pole In Spa
Mark Webber will be starting from pole position in this years Belgian Grand Prix after pipping Michael Schumacher in a rain affected qualifying session, Villenueve and Barrichello rounded out the top four. The difficult conditions allowed some of the slower teams to sneak up the grid with Jarno Trulli managing to take 5th in the Arrows and Takuma Sato starts 11th in his BAR machine. Timo Glock however will start last after having a very scary moment when he aquaplaned of the track whilst trying to tackle Eau Rouge, luckily though he managed to keep his Sauber out of the barriers and finish his lap, albeit ten seconds off the pace.

Glock going off track

I did announce that Alonso would not be racing again this season but oh well. Poor by Button too

JohnWarrington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did announce that Alonso would not be racing
> again this season but oh well. Poor by Button too

Oh sorry I hadn't noticed :/ I'll replace him next race.

Arrows Statement

We love the rain. Well done Trulli for getting 5th. Also well done Zonta for driving in those tricky conditions. We are happy with 5th but we have qualified high up the grid before and then gone backwards so we are not celebrating until after the race.
BAR
Pretty good qualifying. Hoping for more rain.
Ferrari

Schumi did well! Too bad Jos had the conditions against him!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Toyota

Good job again from our guys to be 3rd and 8th in difficult conditions:)
ohh thats not good, oh well thankfully Timo is leaving next year...

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Jordan Statement

Well done from Kimi to get in 9th place, unluckily Andre was struggling with the conditions.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Ant did well for 13th...shame Pedro wasn't further up.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Great result in tough conditions. !st and 6th is a great platform to launch from.

Right I have a slight problem. As you know with this particular track the AI seemed to run out of fuel very quickly, however after adjusting the AI fuel consumption levels and running an accelerated race to see how many would retire, I found that only 5 drivers retired which to me seemed acceptable. However quite stupidly I didn't check to see when the AI pitted. So when I came to run the race and got 7 laps from the end I discovered that pretty much half the grid pitted. Now I am telling you this as I don't have the time to mess about finding the correct fuel consumption figure and then rerun the whole race so, I am asking you whether we should:

a) take the results after all 44 laps have been completed.

Or...

b) take the results from lap before the first pitstop took place.

Of course I won't reveal who did or did not benefit from the fiasco to keep bias out of your decisions, also bear in mind that the faster you can get back to me, the sooner I can post the broadcast. Oh and of course I apologise for this inconvenience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy