F1 Manager - 2004 Main Season Thread - Season Over!

Posted by Twigster151 
Twigster151 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kenney Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe, somebody could confirm if Bas sustained
> > injuries. It was a horific crash and obviously
> the
> > new BAR manager should know if Bas will be fit
> for
> > the next grand prix'. Obviously it was a hard
> > shock, my leaving looked like to be working as
> a
> > bad luck charm.
>
> From what I've heard he's fine and dandy ;-)

There is no way he would be ok to race the next round after a crash like that!!!

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
It's good job this isn't real life then ;) I'm not going to punish a manager by making him lose his driver because there was a big crash in computer game, that incidentally was also out of anyone's control. To me that just seems a bit harsh.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I used to roll a dice if I thought a crash was bad. If it landed 1,2,3 he'd miss that many races. If it landed 4,5,6 then he'd be alright and would be able to race the next round
Chris2k6 Schreef:
> I used to roll a dice if I thought a crash was
> bad. If it landed 1,2,3 he'd miss that many races.
> If it landed 4,5,6 then he'd be alright and would
> be able to race the next round

LOL! Good idea though ^^ Let's implement that in the rules ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
to be fair, a lot of my stuff was based on the role of a dice or random number generaters :-D
Chris2k6 Wrote:
> I used to roll a dice if I thought a crash was
> bad. If it landed 1,2,3 he'd miss that many races.
> If it landed 4,5,6 then he'd be alright and would
> be able to race the next round

I did this :) The result will be revealed during the practice session coverage

Didnt a driver in the past have to miss a race because of injury. I think it could have been this season or last season?
DStonesF1 Wrote:
> Didnt a driver in the past have to miss a race
> because of injury. I think it could have been this
> season or last season?

Coulthard had to sit out Monaco last season after crashing in Austria, but this season I can only remember one crash that could have been big enough to warrant the driver missing the next race (excluding the Leinder crash) which was Heidfeld in Bahrain and he still took part in the next race.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I don't know if you guys are following the GP2 thread, but it looks like the signings of Frentzen and McNish have been blocked.
ginnerchris
I don't know if you guys are following the GP2 thread, but it looks like the signings of Frentzen and McNish have been blocked.

They shouldn't have been allowed to be signed in the first place.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
F1 2004 Hungarian Grand Prix - Practice

Michael Schumacher was the king of practice as the German set the fastest time of the session ahead of Toyota's Ryan Briscoe and his teammate Robert Doornbos. The Toyota of Jacques Villeneuve was 4th whilst the two Williams drivers finished in 5th and 6th. It was a poor session for Mclaren and Minardi as they finished down the bottom of the pack with only BAR's Bas Leinders splitting the two teams. It was questioned wether Leinders would race in Hungary but the BAR driver was able to pass a fitness test.

Schumacher sets the fastest time.

It's all starting to look up :) Let's hope for an equal or better qualy!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Could have been worse, still we're out of pace.
F1 2004 Hungarian Grand Prix - Qualifying

Toyota's Jacques Villeneuve will start tomorrows Hungarian Grand Prix from pole position after he beat the Williams of Juan-Pablo Montoya and the Ferrari of Michael Schumacher in a closely fought wet qualifying session. The Jaguar of Allan McNish starts alongside Michael Schumacher in 4th whilst championship leader Rubens Barrichello starts in 5th. It was a poor session for Jos Verstappen in the second Ferrari as he could only manage 11th just behind Webber who starts 10th. Jordan driver Andre Lotterer starts in 12th with the other Jordan of Kimi Raikkonen starting 14th.

Jacques Villeneuve grabs pole in the rain.

Defi not what i was hoping for ;)

Bas qualified pretty well. Takuma...no comment.
Mclaren Mercedes Statement

An absolutely great qualifying session for us. We didn't expect to be 6 and 7. Hopefully both drivers can push on and score points in the race.

We can also confirm that we will NOT be renewing the contract of Fernando Alonso

Arrows Statement

Well that could have gone better
Toyota

Another pole position!..great job from JV!..cristiano not so good must have had an error on his fast lap,hopefully he can salvage something from there:)
Jordan Statement

I hope we have the same conditions in race, otherwise it will be very difficult to gain some positions.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy