GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 9 A1 Ring in the books
Date: April 12, 2011 07:34PM
Posted by: truecrysis
I can back icky up Nathan the reliability of every slot really is the same, it's checked every time. And yeh I know mallei I was irprised at first how many hours it took to post a race up, run it and everything, it's no 10 minute job! So yeh Tunis to icky for putting all those hours in the keep this going!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Great home race for Team Austria. Nice to be higher up in the championship, especially with a good number of perf points left.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Can you all send your perfs for round 10 at monte carlo to Truecrysis please, by Tuesday 19th April, that is, before 19/4! Link is as always, in the name ;-).

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 08:14AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Round 10 Monaco - Qualifying

After a short break for maintence, i am glad to tell you that Montenegro TV is back online! ;)
Anyway thats enough that can be said about our amazing channel, although we have won awards?

We are here in Monte Carlo this week for round 10 of the Grand Prix Games Nations Cup! The weather is sunny, it is forecast to be sunny all day so no suprirses there. Qualifying will be very important today, as its difficult to overtake on these tight winding streets!
Anyway enough preliminary chatter, the hour of qualifying has started, so lets get down to the track!

The first man out on track looking to set a time is Laurens Vanthoor of Belgium! After a strong start to the season, slower races have seen him slip to 6th in the standings.

As pretty much expected he takes 1st place so far, with a very respectable time. But he was guarenteed first place really, well unless he crashed or something...

The 2nd man across the line is Zakes, and he can't go faster. In fact hes a whole half a second down on Vanthoor. Lack of pace or a mistake?

Well it seems the Vanthoor had some speed in him! Yoshimoto slots in at the back, but a full second behind this time.

Cars are crossing the line very quickly with such a small track here. Hunsley goes across the line and takes a 3rd place time. He is quickly pushed down to 4th from Urazel however, what is the turkish drivers time...

He's taken the 3rd place clean off of Hunsley. But by a very large margin! The gap between 3rd with Urazel and 4th with Hunsley is a full 4 tenths of a second.

But its not anymore. Maverick must have heard that comment, as he comes in and 3rd and 4th right down the middle. 4th place so far for team Switzerland

Razak adds himself to the list of names of people about 1 second back from the lead time. He takes a 6th place, it must be tight down the bottom end of the field.

McGregor slots in nicely behind the Malaysian driver, take 7th place, just over a second away from Vanthoor.

Ward takes a very respectable 5th place for Ireland. Still a very long way to go though, we aren't even 5 minutes in yet.

Antunis takes the 7th place off of Razak, lots of changing around in a very short time at the bottom of the field. The top 4 remain peaceful.

I spoke too soon! Carreiro puts in a lap to get himself into 2nd, still nearly half a second off the leader though. It looks as though he may have had a little traffic in the form of Antunis.

Xanthis slots into 7th. Everyone seems to want to be 7th today.

Paddock breaks the trend however in his all black car. He decides to take an 8th place slot instead.

We have another person pushing into the 2-6th place group, and its Tafuro of Italy! He grabs himself a 5th place at the moment. Vanthoor seems in a class of his own at the moment, but of course some drivers are yet to run.

But could someone finally push the Belgian! De Boer looks like he has lots of potential in sector 1!

He's still close in the 2nd sector, but he has lost a little bit of time!

We quickly move away from De Boer's lap to watch Hovarth cross the line, he takes 15th. Nothing to really shout about there for the Hungarian...

He is quickly followed across the line by Vukcevic who is... 2nd! Thats a good lap there, but can the dutch car do a better job of it?

However we still have other cars to worry about before that, and Oakley crosses the line in 8th, thats a good position for the man with no points so far.

The other man with no points follows him across the line. Heart however gets a much less decent 18th place.

De Boer finally crosses the line... and its 2nd! He ended up setting a closer time to Vukcevic than Vanthoor so not as close as we expected.

Jantsher crosses the line after his first lap, thats 6th for the austrian, near to Zakes and those positions.

Stein crosses the line and for a starter time, thats not particularly great for the german, all the way down in 20th positon.

Chris Copeman of USA looks to have a better performance than in Austria, and does so giving himself a 9th place slot so far.

Whilst Razak is not able to improve his performance by much, but jumps up to 17th place.

Whereas Nathan McGregor does a slightly better job in his Australian car, putting it in 11th. He becomes the half way man.

Now for a look at the standings after everybody has completed 1 run. Noone has been able to beat Vanthoors first lap so far, whilst Heart of Canada take the bottom spot:

Urazel is looking very quick in the first sector, he is closer than De Boer was! Can he finally push past Vanthoor?

buuuut you will have to find out later, as it is time for a nice big commercial break for all you guys watching this coverage ;)
be back soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 02:03PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
so far so good :) btw whats up with my helmet? I thought I uploaded a helmet when i posted my new car, we are using the 2008 arai shape from me aren't we?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
9th is okay so far...I'm hoping for more though. I need to get back on the championship hunt!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Round 10 Monaco - Qualifying Part 2

Welcome back to our qualifying coverage at Monaco! The sun is still shining in case you wondered, and on track Urazel is making his way through the sectors at a time very close to the pole sitter at the moment Laurens Vanthoor of Belgium.

Back to the track, and before Urazel has chance to try and beat Vanthoor, Vanthoor completes another lap, but its not quick enough, and he is 4 tenths down on his own time.

That leaves a chance for Urazel as he crosses the line... Nope thats 2nd place for the Turkish driver. He is closer to Vanthoor than anyone, only 1 tenth off, but not close enough.

Zakes still trying to get as high up the standings as possible after last weeks win, and thats 5th place for him so far.

Heart makes a big improvement from his last place position! Thats a much better lap and he's in 14th place.

Vukcevic crosses the line on another run... He has reclaimed his 4th place back. A 2nd row start gives him a very good chance of a podium.

Jantsher also looking to climb up, and he does so into 7th, he could be looking at some good points again.

Stein sets a new time, and well i dont know if you can call that an improvement, but he's into 20th place now.

Vanthoors out for another run but he's suffering with traffic, he has Xanthis infront of him who is obviously slower, Vanthoor wont be too impressed.

Xanthis crosses the line and its no improvement for the greek. He's a second down which means that Vanthoors time can be no quicker.

Championship leader Maverick crosses the line and he manages to get himself up to 8th. It seems it may be a good fight between Copeman and Maverick for points tomorrow.

Tafuro is in the mix aswell as he puts himself up to 7th, demoting Maverick down a place.

Carreiro has done a solid lap... and he has exactly matched Vukcevic's time, they are on exactly the same time but Vukcevic is shown as 4th and Carreiro in 5th!

Ward goes across the line for Ireland and gives himself a handy 11th place, Midway man now!

De Boer is also having a regular problem with the drivers out there: traffic. Once again its Xanthis who has been sent out right infront of another driver.

As a result of being sat behind another car for the whole lap, De Boer's latest lap is no improvement, in fact its over 1 second down on Vanthoor.

Copeman has managed to improve his time but he still only has 10th place, he will ideally want higher.

Jantsher also goes faster getting himself a tidy 6th place, trying to get closer to those top 5 drivers.

Yoshimoto isnt having a particularly great day. In fact he's so far down that going to 19th place is an improvement.

For the second time today i believe, McGregor takes himself an 11th place slot, he clearly wants that position badly!

After holding everyone else up, Xanthis manages to improve his time up to 14th place. Thats not really leader pace though is it.

Hunsley has had a quiet session for South Africa, and so to make his mark, he takes that highly contested place of 11th. Does McGregor have enough laps left to reclaim it?

We are hearing that he doesn't. Anyway we have movement up top! Carreiro finally fully jumps ahead of Vukcevic and into 4th, this time fully beating his time.

Vanthoor comes round for his final lap... Slower. It seems Vanthoor will have to hope that his very first attempt will be able to hold him on pole.

Urazel certainly won't be jumping ahead of him! The Turkish driver improves his time to within 1 tenth of a second of Vanthoor, but hasn't managed to beat him, unlucky.

Tafuro isn't able to either, although he is able to jump his way back into 8th place for Italy, thats looking good for some points!

Hovarth has also been quiet, but has been down the bottom end. He can only get up to 17th place, and will go no further.

Stein is the last man across the line, he is currently last, the chances of him stealing pole now?... Not happening. But he does make a marked improvement, up from 22nd to 11th, pulling it out the bag for Germany right at the end.

And thats it! Laurens Vanthoor will be on pole for the race tomorrow! He will be joined on the front row by Urazel, with De Boer and Carreiro behind them. There is also also a somewhat large gap between the top 10 and the rest of the field today... At the bottom, Koto Razak of Malaysia has won himself a wooden spoon. Bit of a change from the first race of the season?
Full standings:

Congratulations to Laurens Vanthoor of Belgium! He was the very first person to set a lap today, and he was never knocked off the top once, infact noone was faster then him in the sectors at any point. Flawless lap.
We look forward to the action tomorrow, as the field is quite tight and there should be some good close racing!

Thank you for watching this Montenegro TV broadcast!
Bye!
Sorry about the helmet issue Maikel, was the helmet you put in the pack with your car a new helmet or same as before? If it was new, was it the one used in round 9? Sorry im working it as we speak

It is an different helmet then at the start of the season, I saw that in the Austria race (rnd 9) it was displayed wrong as well. Maybe it has not been inserted at all?

Happy with 3rd, but hoped to get on the front row on a tight circuit like this!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Argh...I forgot that Monaco would be the next round and made the mistake to not spending much perf points for the qualy...that's the result. However it could be worse. 9th directly between Tafuro and Copeman gives me a good position for not losing too much points on them.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Belgium

Monaco is an important race for qualifying and hopefully we will be on pace for tomorrow and have our 2nd win of the season. Hopefully Vanthoor will keep it on the road, unlike he did in the last races including Spa. But this maginificent pole gives us hope.
Disappointing to be at the back again

But we now can spend loads of boost for each race

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
4th place for Portugal. Not bad at all. Let's see how it goes on race day...

-----------------------------------------------------

pretty much what i expected, just hope for some retirements in the race so i can grab some points...

-------------------------------------------
Guys just a quick update, i have run the race and got a result, except as the 3rd place finisher crossed the line, the game crashed, so i have no actual final times, just final places. You all ok with that? To be fair i think you will have to be, i'm not eager to run that one all again, monaco isn't the most exciting race you are ever going to see ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2011 03:43PM by truecrysis.
For me that's fine. The times aren't interesting anyway and although a lot can happen in one round at Monaco, I think we shouldn't get carried away.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
As long as I won, it's okay. Otherwise, run it again! :-p
i beleive that in MOnaco, the first row is also as worthy as the pole position. It seems we will be also strong in the race. Lets see...
Round 10 Monaco - Race!

Hello and welcome back to this once again rather sunny monaco track! Yesterday we saw an interesting qualifying session as Vanthoor set a lap and held pole for the entire time. But this is the race, and all the drivers behind him will be looking to take that top spot from him.
We are also hearing that there has been an apparent mix up with Maikel De Boer's helmet... Apparently it has been lost somewhere and so he has had to go out using a temporary replacement. But don't worry, the relevant people have been sacked, and the helmet will be found ;-)

The cars are all ready, the yachts are ready, so down to the track we go! Vanthoor has a clean track infront of him, but Urazrel may be looking to go round the outside.

We have 1 light, we have 2 lights, 3 lights, 4 lights, 5. We have no lights and they are off! Vanthoor, Urazel and De Boer all getting decent starts, looks like Vanthoor may be able to hold his place into turn 1... Theres a lot of fighting a little further back though as Vukcevic gets a bad start!

Yes, actual confirmation there, Jantsher has managed to get passed Vukcevic from the start, moving himself to 5th place.

We can also see that Stein has made it passed Copeman into 10th place. Other position changes: McGregor passed Hunsley for 12th, Oakley passed Ward for 14th.

Tafuro has made it passed Zakes aswell! He moves himself upto 7th and further ahead of that championship leading bunch, he's hoping to gain ground on them today.

The biggest loser of that start was Hovarth. The Hungarian started in 18th place, but is now right at the back of the field, poor start. Yoshimoto has moved passed Antunis at the start as well.

And on the first lap... the first fastest lap is set! Thats a bit obvious really, but its Vanthoor the quickest first lap as expected.

Oh dear! Antunis has gone for a very adventurous move coming out of the tunnel on Yoshimoto. That was never going to work, he clips the Japanese driver, who spins onto the Nouvelle chicane.

Yoshimoto rejoins in last, a long way from any other driver. Antunis manages to carry on in 19th place. No damage to report for either driver.

Hunsley is very slow coming out of the piscine section and he has Oakley all over him! Hunsley has the inside line, so Oakley tries going right round the outside at Rascasse!

And he makes it perfectly through into 13th place, terrific move! Its Urazels turn to set a fastest lap now, he's not letting Vanthoor just walk away with this!

Here on the replay we have a perfect action shot of Oakley getting alongside and even slightly ahead coming into rascasse, he was clearly faster.

Back to the front, and Urazel may have just set the fastest lap, but Vanthoor is still beginning to out the lead at the front, nearly a second now.

Whilst Urazel still has the orange car in his mirrors, De Boer isn't letting that car out his sights. Carreiro has dropped back slightly from De Boer, but he's still around for any slip-ups.

Its now evident Vanthoor is pushing, as he takes back the fastest lap crown from Urazel.

And does it again the next lap! That car is very quick this weekend! Maverick looks like he has dropped back a little bit from Zakes at the moment, he needs those points though.

The gap between 1st and 2nd looks like its over 1 second now. Personally i just like the camera shot, the perfect angle inside the tunnel ;-).

I spoke too soon about the gap! Urazel locks it up very badly going into the Nouvelle chicance, but manages to keep it out of any barriers.

That mistake means that De Boer is suddenly all over the back of the turkish car, can he get passed whilst he is slow? It also means that Urazel is now quite far back from Vanthoor, which will please the belgian a lot.

Nope he can't, in fact its not long before Urazel has reopened the gap he had before back to De Boer, the pace of those two cars not quite at the same level.

Back in 5/6th place, Jantsher has managed to pull himself a gap over Vukcevic, who meanwhile is having to contain a quicker Tafuro, the italian seems to have a quicker car.

In fact Vukcevic is very slow through the tunnel and this gives Tafuro a chance! But he's not making the same mistake as Antunis and sensibly backs off.

We have some 10th lap standings for you, Vanthoor now has a 3.5 second gap over Urazel:

Yup, that turkish car is definately quicker, De Boer is beginning to lose sight of the back of it coming up to tabac. On a side note, that new helmet of De Boer's is rather stylish don't you think? ;)

Vanthoor may have a large gap already, but he's not resting on it. He stills pumping out quick times and pulling away from Urazel quickly.

This is lap 12, and we now have to take a break from this coverage, im afraid we can't claim its uninterrupted like some others ;)
Anyway join us after these interesting commercials for same more racing in sunny monaco!
Bye!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 10:45AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy