RT EDIT in GP4 Tweaker

Posted by mangrove 
Re: RT EDIT in GP4 Tweaker
Date: August 03, 2010 07:51AM
Posted by: mckey415
sorry, still don't quite understand.

you say i have to make some screens and then edit ini files manually. so i suppose that something like coords values have to be shown on the screen, am i right?

i checked my game one more time but still i don't see anything like this... can someone please post a screen with a mark where should i look for coords values and give me some instructions how to make it shown on the screen in my game?

thanks in advance and sorry for noobs questions...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: August 03, 2010 08:26AM
Posted by: filou16
Sorry but before make screen shots tape '%' or 'µ' key of keyboard, I don't remember exactly and you'll see coordinates.
like that:
Date: August 03, 2010 01:05PM
Posted by: mckey415
thanks a lot, your advises helped me!

the key that brings this menu on the screen is "`" (upper left of the keyboard) :-)
Date: October 01, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Madman I sent you a PM
Date: January 11, 2011 10:14AM
Posted by: ank6n
Anyone knows if Madman is still at work ?
are there any progress?
Date: January 31, 2011 09:41PM
Posted by: iaquinta
Well, I would love to know if you are still working on it as you posted the last news some months ago. :-)
Date: July 04, 2011 08:38AM
Posted by: vesuvius
no news about this Madman?:(
Date: April 19, 2017 10:22AM
Posted by: RHill
This one is going to be a massive bump!!

I'm trying to get some steering wheel and helmet position coordinates after editing them in real time within the game. I came across this method and it looks to be what I need.

The problem is I can change the positions to what I need but can't seem to find the new coordinates anywhere. I'm using a CSM mod and the tweaker merge data for steering position etc looks unchanged. Can anyone help? How do I find the coordinates after I have made the real time changes?
Date: April 19, 2017 10:38AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Coordinates are not saved into RT mode. You have to save them manually (I mean to write them) and to report them into the GP4tweaker .ini files...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 19, 2017 10:47AM
Hey Excalibur,

Okay, but where are the RT mode coordinates found so I can make a note of them and transfer to tweaker.ini?
Date: April 19, 2017 10:54AM
Look at the post above with the picture, by filou16 ;-)
I don't remember neither but as he said, press "%" or "µ" from your keyboard, it should show up the coordinates...

Please, confirm if it is ok ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 11:16AM by Excalibur.
Date: April 19, 2017 11:21AM
works perfectly, thanks mate!
Date: September 29, 2019 11:19AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Madman271 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
>
> Your modifications are automatically saved/updated
> to associated *.ini files within {GP4
> folder}\gp4tweak_data folder when exit from GP4
> game. Be sure to re-edit gp4tweak.ini and disable
> (set to 0) all corresponding tweak keys with Edit
> word suffix such as OnboardCamEdit, ViewAngleEdit,
> etc -- but keep the primary keys (OnboardCam,
> ViewAngle, etc) intact to ensure your modification
> takes effect next time you run GP4.
>
> Good luck, everyone.

Doensn't work for me to save the edited camera, i have to re-do it each time i start the same mod with csm.
Date: April 07, 2021 11:13PM
Posted by: mbooth1
Spent a frustrating evening trying to move the driver in the cockpit using GP4 Tweaker.
I installed GP$ Tweaker in the GP4 folder within which I had previously installed GP4 Central's Base GP4 program in a sub folder -- with all the required patches ( and tested it, it runs fine).
Put a GP4 Tweaker shortcut into the same GP4 game folder and started the game. I run the game across three monitors with the GP4 Tweaker above on a fourth.
Pressing tab I can navigate round the GP4 Tweaker and adjust values but......no effect on the driver in cockpit of program at all!! After setting them all (OK, with no idea of how I had adjusted it ) I saved into tweaker ini file and restarted GP4 progam.
And the effect was ----- no changes at all. Driver position as before.
So clearly I'm not understanding.
I did play a little with GP4 in a lot earlier life but everything has moved on a lot since. But enjoying the reacquaintance.
What am I not doing right?
All suggestions and guidance welcomed.
Mike
Date: April 10, 2021 10:34AM
Posted by: mbooth1
Not sure I am making progress after many hours trawling web and forums -- most people seem to start from higher knowledge base than I. I'm starting with a clean GP4Central clean base installation with all recommended patch and fixes etc.. I have then installed GPTweaker, and run it in RT edit mode on one monitor with running GP4 on other. I have made changes to cockpit set up on tweaker but see no changes in game. I cannot amend any GPTweak ini files in game to allow RT edit, as there are none. So I think I'm missing a step. I have read and reread this post stream, but right from first post I'm unsure whether the Tab for RT selection refers to moving around the GP4 Tweaker program or something within game. Either way my GP4 driver view in cockpit never changed (other than thro the -&+ keys provision in game).
I know I'm not understanding but not sure what.....................
I just want to be able to move driver up/down, back/forth etc. to find best balance on a three monitor set up.
Anyone give me a clue?
Mike
Date: April 10, 2021 12:32PM
Posted by: Noog
Hi Mike,

Busy all day (and your request requires a detailed response), but for now, try Team Editor 3.5.

You might find it quicker and easier to do what you want with that.
Date: April 12, 2021 01:34PM
Posted by: TomMK
GP4 Tweaker comes in 2 "flavours", one with a window ("GUI";) where you can adjust values while in Windows, the other is purely text-file based, and you edit values using Notepad. Which version are you using? (Or, to ask another way, when you run GP4 Tweaker does a window appear?).

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 12, 2021 08:22PM
I have never used the GUI version. Is it available somewhere? :-)

Date: April 12, 2021 11:16PM
Posted by: quickslick
this is the Tweaker version [www.mediafire.com]
Date: April 13, 2021 09:12PM
Thank you very much Jürgen! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy