GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Well that was a really crappy result for Aston Martin Racing!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
NEWSFLASH!

Stoopid reporter Ernie B. Cream Pie has just learnt that a big name driver from one of the top championship teams is to hang up his helmet at the end of the season. Further details will be available later.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Well, it isn't me. :-)

Also, mind if someone removes K1 Racing from the team waiting list? Turns out being a driver is too much fun ;)
I'd like to put $1K on this bet, I guess it will be Mr. *cough**cough*....

GPGTV.org/farked Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NEWSFLASH!
>
> Stoopid reporter Ernie B. Cream Pie has just
> learnt that a big name driver from one of the top
> championship teams is to hang up his helmet at the
> end of the season. Further details will be
> available later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Not able to see the pictures (except for the results and tables, which is very annoying,) i can only guess that Rick had a wonderful race with the most overtakes and at least a pointsfinish. Keeley needs to up her game again. Come on girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Well, it isn't me. :-)
>
> Also, mind if someone removes K1 Racing from the
> team waiting list? Turns out being a driver is too
> much fun ;)

Was about to do remove K1 and found that Mal had beat me to it lol

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
That was a nice race by Charrel, a real shame that Alex crashed out, we could have had two cars in the points. Better luck next time :)

not what i had hoped for,11th, but wdc table still looks ok.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Kittleson surprised by impressive form

Southern Cross Racing's Dean Kittleson was surprisingly down to earth in the post-race press conference following his first GPGSL race win in Germany - and admitted that he had not expected to be so far up the championship table after seven races. "It's strange in a way - I'm doing nothing differently [when compared to driving in the now defunct w300], so I personally can't understand how I find myself ahead of [GPGSL champion] Matt [Houston] and Ed [Greenhagh]."

He also rebutted any claims that he could challenge for the title, claiming that championship leader Marko Aleksander and 2nd place driver Nick van der Voort had merely had a "bad day at the office". However, he did admit that anything could still happen before the season reaches its climax. "Marko [Aleksander] and Nick [van der Voort] are world class drivers - and were trading the top two placings for fun [in the past few race weekends] until this race weekend. Of course, there is still a long way to go in this season and it is still possible for someone to break the stranglehold that they potentially have on the title race."

With speculation that a driver would be hanging up his racing gloves at the end of the season, Kittleson stated that he was thoroughly enjoying his time at SCR and that he was looking to extend his stay with the Australian marque. "I'm willing to believe that the team are capable of producing a car of this quality in the foreseeable future - and working with [team owner] Mal [Stoddart] and [team-mate] Ross [Cartwright] has been nothing short of fantastic. I always know I can go to anyone within the team to give or receive advice - and for that I wish to remain with the team in the next season."

As a result, the British rookie used the press conference to state that he was shelving plans to enter a team into the GPGSL. Due to the ruling that team owners were prohibited from racing, Kittleson would have had to have decided between the two options - and added that "being a race driver is too fun to say no to".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 12:03AM by Diax F1.
Aston Martin Racing - Press Release

Nick van der Voort

Aston Martin regret to announce that their lead driver, Nick van der Voort, is to retire from the GPGSL at the end of this season. Team manager Stuart Ingers would like to thank Nick for his tireless work in founding and running the GPGSL and also the Velox team, which now Aston Martin. The team is now going all out to help Nick to finally win the WDC in his last season.

Aston Martin would obviously like to sign a top line driver for season 6. Anyone interested should contact Stuart via the PM service.

Good luck Nick! :)

:-o

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Seeing as how Nick left his performance file review post at the end of last season, this should've been a little obvious - but it still comes as quite a shock.

Good luck for the future Nick - whatever that may be.
Sad to lose one of the 'VIP's' of the GPGSL. Thanks for youre efforts Nick.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Stoopid Wrote:
> Aston Martin Racing - Press Release
>
> Nick van der Voort
>
> Aston Martin regret to announce that their lead
> driver, Nick van der Voort, is to retire from the
> GPGSL at the end of this season. Team manager
> Stuart Ingers would like to thank Nick for his
> tireless work in founding and running the GPGSL
> and also the Velox team, which now Aston Martin.
> The team is now going all out to help Nick to
> finally win the WDC in his last season.
>
> Aston Martin would obviously like to sign a top
> line driver for season 6. Anyone interested should
> contact Stuart via the PM service.
>
> Good luck Nick! :)

I'm shocked! Sorry to see you do Nick and thanks for all your efforts :)

Interview with a confused John Maverick after the Velox press conference

Reporter: Mr. Maverick, can we talk to you for a second?
Maverick: Sure
Reporter: What do you have to say to the retirement of Nick van der Voort?
Maverick: Well, at first he isn't gone yet. He's still here and he will win the championship this year. I don't understand why some people already behave like he'd be gone already.
Reporter: What makes you so sure that he'll win the championship?
Maverick: He's one of the best drivers in the grid and he's, finally, competitive this year. Any driver dreams of this title and I'm sure he will do everything to fulfill this dream in his last season.
Reporter: Are you surprised by his retirement?
Maverick: I'd lie if I'd say no now. But on the other hand it was kind of expectable that it would happen sooner or later. Nevertheless I kinda hoped that it would be later.
Reporter: Why's that?
Maverick: Nick was always a great person and idol since I joined Velox not even one season ago. He gave me the chance to drive for this top team and he always helped me when I needed help. All the time he was a reference point for me and I would have appreciated to learn from him some longer.
Reporter: Don't you think that this could be a chance for you?
Maverick: A loss of such an experienced driver as teammate can never be a chance.
Reporter: Ok, but I mean a chance for your career.
Maverick: No, I don't think so. Stu already announced at the press conference, that the team is looking for a new top driver, and I think that this is a good choice. It would be too risky to compete with two young and unexperienced drivers. Aston Martin Racing has high demands and needs, at least, one experienced top driver to fulfill them. And even if that wouldn't be the case, it would be impudent to hope for a race driver seat next year. Adam is doing a fantastic job in his first season and John W. is also much more experienced than I am and, after a bad start into the season, dominating me in the last practices. I had a bit of bad luck, ok, but I think that John W. will be the No. 1 option if the second race seat will stay vacant up to the beginning of the next season.
Reporter: What does that mean for your future at Aston Martin Racing?
It's way too early to talk about that now, and additionally it's not the right occasion. Fact is that I feel very comfortable in this team. Another fact is that it'd be a dream for me to drive races for this team anytime in the future. But when the point comes where I think I'll need a change or when there'll be other options, I'll think about them and inform you right in time *winks and grins*
Reporter: Thank you.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Yep, sad news all round. I'd like to say that Nick has been a driving force (pardon the pun) behind the GPGSL since its inception, and without him and his valuable input the series would not be what we have today. Nick, I thank you for all the work that you have done, and when you retired from the GPGSL body, it too was a sad day for us, and you left behind a rather large pair of boots to be filled! Once again, thanks mate. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Do we have a guest RD for Assen? C'mon guys, step up. I'm unable to do anything right now, very busy time of the year for me so any help from you guys would be appreciated. (I can maybe squeeze in a results only FP) :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Very sad news to hear Nick is leaving the team. Hopefully everyone at Aston, myself included can help him to the WDC in his final year!
I appreciate the kind words, guys, but I'm not dying or something ;)
Well as promised I didn't use the word 'sad' lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy