GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
How do You want to give 15 sec penalty if You Dont know the times?

3 places Back sound fair, it can also be 4 or 5 if You ask me..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
tbh under these circumstances i don't think it would be correct to punish drivers for not pitting twice.

@ diax: how do you want to add 15 seconds if you have no information on the gaps between the drivers?

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tbh under these circumstances i don't think it
> would be correct to punish drivers for not pitting
> twice.

Yes, it is problematic as 3 spots could be 1 second or 30 seconds.

However, to leave them unpunished is also unfair.

Maybe we could estimate some of the gaps from the earlier screenshots and work out a compromise.

X (@ed24f1)
what if you try to reload it and accelerate to 7 laps to go?

you should get same results and if you do, bring it home , cover the last 7 laps? it'd take you 10 minutes.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
BAR#10 Wrote:
> what if you try to reload it and accelerate to 7
> laps to go?
>
> you should get same results and if you do, bring
> it home , cover the last 7 laps? it'd take you 10
> minutes.

I had to do that to get some extra video coverage for Spa, thinking about it. Makes perfect sense to me. Of course, there could be the problem of the result being different - but then just reload it again and see what happens.

@Charrel & Chris - my point is as Ed has stated above. 3 places could be 3 seconds apart or 30 seconds apart. It'd be an uneven punishment.
You could also make the current results stand and add a 15 second penalty on those drivers' results the next race.
just to make it clear: i think there should be no punishment at all.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Nickv Wrote:
> You could also make the current results stand and
> add a 15 second penalty on those drivers' results
> the next race.

I think this would be the best solution.
Ok here's the reasoning behind the 3 place penalty, Driver X was in 7th* place just before everyone had done their first stops. Driver X continued and only did 1 stop and was in 4th* place when the game crashed, so I thought only to relegate Driver X to the position he was in before all the stops began to be fair. The other driver was quite a way down the field and wouldn't effect the championship in anyway and did actually make a stop just before the game crashed.

* This is not the position the driver in question was in, this is just to give an idea as to what happened.

We can do Nick's idea if everyone is in agreement.

Marko, I have tried loading the game again and fast forwarding, but the game is also crashing doing that too. In any case I'm also getting different results before it does anyway. I'm going to test it on another track just in case its GP4 crashing and not the track.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
adamdavies_8 schrieb:
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You could also make the current results stand
> and
> > add a 15 second penalty on those drivers'
> results
> > the next race.
>
>
> I think this would be the best solution.

Well, yes and no. It's a complicated situation. 15 seconds can vary very much in punishment, regarding track layout and length. However, Assen and the Nürburgring are thankfully very similar in Layout and only about 600 meters different in length. Therefore this could work. On the other hand, if Stu knows that this driver X was in p7 before the stops and in p4 afterwards (without stopping himself), I think it's fairer to all just to set him back these 3 places.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
And were back. Totally missed this thread for a long time, how have things been going? Saw i got 4th at Zandvoort :) fantastic! =) Is there any easy way to check the old results? :) checking throu 90 pages would take forever =P
Pedersen Wrote:
> And were back. Totally missed this thread for a
> long time, how have things been going? Saw i got
> 4th at Zandvoort :) fantastic! =) Is there any
> easy way to check the old results? :) checking
> throu 90 pages would take forever =P

First page, underneath the championship and results tables. :)
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Pedersen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And were back. Totally missed this thread for a
> > long time, how have things been going? Saw i
> got
> > 4th at Zandvoort :) fantastic! =) Is there any
> > easy way to check the old results? :) checking
> > throu 90 pages would take forever =P
>
> First page, underneath the championship and
> results tables. :)

ohh that easy? ;) thanx!

Edit: Been doing resonable i think :) for a first season that is :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 08:48PM by Pedersen.
are activity checks being done this year?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

They sure are. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I think drivers and teams that used a boost this race should also be compensated for not being able to fully utilize there advantage.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
This is an Official GPGSL Announcement (Too slack to log out and in again ok).

I've just been advised by a member of the team that the activity checks went on hold due to the 'no race in ten days' period we had recently. Right now I think that Matt is doing the checks although I cannot confirm that 100%. Also, if we were to retro-actively enforce the checks over that period, a number of drivers would lose their seats. As we were unable to keep the schedule up and running, we now disregard any penalties that would have been due. When we have confirmation of who is actually running the activity checks, we will advise you all of the start-up.

We have a problem with tobacco advertising and users in certain parts of Europe are not permitted to upload any image that contains tobacco advertising. Therefore the GPGSL has no choice and will now ban tobacco advertising immediately. The rules on P1 will be changed to reflect this in the liveries section in the near future. Currently, two teams run with tobacco ads on their cars. These teams will be allowed to complete Round 8 at Assen. Updated liveries are required for Round 9, otherwise those teams will race Round 9 at the Nurburgring with the GPGSL Car of Shame.
We regret this imposition but our hands are tied. The rules relating to tobacco advertising in certain countries prevent Race Directors from uploading screens.The ban is immediate and non-negotiable on our part.

The on-going discussion with the current time penalty situation with Round 8 has yet to be discussed by the members of the team. We will advise you of the GPGSL decision in due course. We will either re-run the session or impose suitable time penalties, meanwhile, please don't waste your time with speculation.

Thankyou, the GPGSL team. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
TafuroGP will follow GPGSL indication and will remove the Camel sponsors from the car

My GPGSL Career
Updated carliveries can be sent to me, so i can update the mods.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Success! I've to run the race again and it has run exactly the same, so even better :) Screenshots and race report hopefully tomorrow night. Yippee!!!!!!!!!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy