GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
5th is ok. It 's a good position to fight for a podium in the feature race. Althought I expected us to be a little faster. Especially JW (John Warrington) is very slow again. On the one hand I'm glad to be the quicker man again, but on the other side I'd like us to be a lot faster as a team! It seems that we all have to do some night shifts in the next days :-)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Was that really qualifying? If it is, where am I?

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KGrant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was that really qualifying? If it is, where am I?

that qualify was for testers.infact there are van smirren and buijs(did i write it correctly?) for VSM

My GPGSL Career
Tell you what would be immense... a TN back to back win in the testers!! COME ON GLEN!!! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Well done Ruben, fantastic job! Ben too can get a really good result here :)

So to clarify, this race will provide team and test driver perf points. So, will there be another race for the race drivers and will that provide team perf points too?

tom
this race will provide team and test driver perf points

no, only testers, main race provides team's.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
It seems that some of you haven't quite got what it is we are doing. The current event is a FEATURE RACE for the test drivers. There will be throughout the season another one or two of these special events. Points will be awarded to test drivers as if it were a normal FP session. No points will be awarded to the teams, no points are awarded for fastest lap, or for pole position, it does not happen during a FP session therefore it will not happen during a feature race. The object of the exercise is to give the test drivers more GPGTV coverage than what they would normally get from an FP event.
The usual round for the race drivers, ie: qualy and race will be run after the feature event.
Feature events for test drivers will only be run by guest Race Directors, therefore if you want to see more of these events, nominate as a race director and you can run one yourself.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'll nominate myself when I get new PC :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Shocking news from TafuroGP paddock!

"The Napoletan Horns have been enabled just some mins ago.Same for the balls touching.And there's still lot of time before feature race;)"

My GPGSL Career
ooops...

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 02:50AM by n00binio.
Feature Race: Round 2 Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe'

Welcome to the test driver's race at Le Mans. I'll make it short: there are 22 motivated drivers with little race experience. The track combines long straights, high speed corners and slow chicanes. The weather is fine so everything is set up for a great race. Let's switch to the starting grid!

The field awaits the green light

Shepard made the best start of the top runners and goes for the lead

All cars make it through the first chicane. Winston goes up into third

Shepard already opens up a gap

Muller is battling it out with an IED, A BFM and his teammate Worseling. He should make his move on the straight, there's not enough room for 4 cars in the next chicane

He fails and hits an IED

The car is ok but that spin costs a lot of time

Standings after the first lap

Mills attacks Hunsley

Wheel to wheel stuff! Will Mills go through?

Noooo! They collide at high speed

The cars fly into the gravel trap. A scary accident - let's hope the drivers are ok

Ingers attacks Oakley and goes up into 11th. Buijs is next on his list

Tafuro is in 7th while De Boer goes where no one has ever gone before

Back to the leaders. Winston wants that 2nd place but Greidanus is too fast on the straights

Copeman has a close look at maverick

A bit too close maybe. They collide and spin. Tafuro is lucky to miss them.

Buijs can't decide where to go and slams into Maverick. The end of his race

Copeman drops to 18th

Maverick makes it back to the pits and picks up a new front wing

Shepard extends his lead over Greidanus

Paddock is trapped at the back of the pack. He won't be happy with 16th

Johnson starts the first round of pitstops and does a "Coulthard". I'll do the fitting "Murray Walker": And into the pitlane oooaaahhhh...

Winston, Elleker, Pedersen and Van Smirren are held up by the destroyed TSS

Winston is pushed aside by Van Smirren...

just to get pushed into a waiting pitcrew by Pedersen

He decides to mow down Pedersen's crew

Shepard's team has an awesome idea: They delay his stop. As an sideeffect the cars in the pits are now lapped

They made it!

Johnson decided to not stop at the TSS crew. He goes on till he arrives at the end of the pitlane and stops the car. Well, yeah...

Shepard and Greidanus pit together. The gap is getting smaller. Greidanus hasn't given up

Ingers has a difficult race. After battling through the midfield he is held up by Copeman

Oakley learns his lesson on cold tyres. He looses the car in the first chicane after his stop

Race positions after 15 laps. The gaps are quite huge and there's little action on the track now

Van Smirren wants to overtake Copeman despite being lapped. It is getting close

And again a huge shunt

No flips this time but both are out nontheless

Greidanus hunts Shepard

Greidanus pits first but drops behind Warrington. This is what Shepard needs to retain his lead

Shepard leaves the pits infront of Greidanus indeed. Great work by the TNR team

Positions after the second round of pitstops. Tafuro is in the lead but has only stopped once

Tafuros tyres provide less grip than the new rubber of his opponents. Winston tries to unlap himself and both loose a lot of time

Equipped with fresh rubber Shepard closes the gap to Winston and Tafuro

He's back into the lead

Shepard on his last lap

Glen Shepard wins the feature race at Le Mans. Congratulations to Shepard and TNR

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
The test drivers turned it into a demolition derby! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
indeed. it was awesome to watch ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Breaking News!

The GPGSL bans ball touching!
Due to a spate of inappropriate behaviour in the paddock recently the GPGSL has officially banned the so called practice of 'ball touching'. Any driver observed fondling in any way, shape or form will be handed a 10 point perf penalty by the stewards.

Well that was a bit of a joke

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
GPGSL Round 2 Test Drivers Feature Race Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe' Official Results

The race stewards have noted that Paolo Tafuro (Tafuro Grand Prix) failed to make a pit stop and will receive a 12.5 second time penalty according to the GPGSL rules.

The final time for Paolo Tafuro is amended to +17.098

Amended final placings are: 1. Glen Shepard TNR 2. Ruben Greidanus TSS 3. Paolo Tafuro TGP

Congratulations to Glen Shepard True North Racing for winning the Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe' Feature Race.

The track is now open for the race drivers qualifying.

Excellent coverage Chris. :-)

Sorry about the earlier comment Chris

Great coverage I just aint too happy about the pitlane stuff that ruined the race

There's probably some sort of bug, if we get the same thing for the main event we wont use the track again.

Yeah just kind of reminded me of that Adelaide race that ended season 1

Btw Mal any idea when the mod will be available, I'd like to be able to help out for Interlagos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy