GP4 Crashing on load.

Posted by Willb 
GP4 Crashing on load.
Date: May 25, 2010 09:50AM
Posted by: Willb
Hi Everyone :)

I've very kindly been given a new cars/anim.wad/gp4.exe + gp4tweaker settings by a fellow community member, however i'm having a few issues gettng it going.

I cloned my GP4 folder and renamed it to GP4 2007, then i named the new folder "Grand Prix 4". I copied the new wad's, exe and ini's but i get a crash on loading a circuit. I think the problem lies somewhere with some configuration I have and the new cars.wad but I for the life of me can't figure out exactly what!

Here's a pastebin of my log with High verbosity: [pastebin.com]

There's a load of "After 1 Got Addresses>> RPH:D3D9_DLL Hooking" messages, which i think are from the enbseries mod I have installed (which works perfectly fine with my old GP4, and I removed the ENB direct 3d. dll files but still somehow it's injecting itself (unless these messages are something else..) Either way i'm 90% sure it's not ENB causing the issue.

The .wads work fine for the user who gave them to me so I'm a bit stumped!

Thanks,
Regards,
Willb

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Re: GP4 Crashing on load.
Date: May 25, 2010 10:08AM
Posted by: mortal
Here's how you should do it Will. Check the original installation is still good. If it is: rename the ORIGINAL GP4 installation, then install again to the default dir. Do the usual patching as you would. Set the compatibilities if you did that for the original. If it is all good and it runs fine as an original GP4, then insert the wad and test. Another way is delete the clone you have. Clone again but insert the original clean wad and no_cd. Test and if it's all good, like as above, then insert the wad and test. Doing it by these methods will guarantee a result that would let you know if the wad is good or not. You must have the cloned or new install folder working 100% first as an original clean GP4. If it crashes after that, then you can narrow it down to the anim.wad, or the cars.wad.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 25, 2010 05:27PM
Hi Mortal,

Unfortunately it's not as easy as that. I haven't actually "installed" GP4 for many many years ;). I always just copy my GP4 folder and tweaker dll's to any new system / folder on current system because then i can just transport my whole install really easily. This has always worked, but i just cant seem to get this new wad working. The problem is to use the wad I need to use the supplied exe as well, because the car shapes have non standard names applied by TeamEditor etc.

Ill have another play later and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks,
Willb

Date: May 25, 2010 05:35PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
make sure that the gpxtrack.ini file (in the GPxPatch folder) is linking up to the correct wads.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 25, 2010 07:32PM
Hi SchueyFan,

I don't have track specific wad's enabled so it's just using the "cars.wad" file. Any other ideas :) ?

Date: May 25, 2010 08:35PM
Posted by: Lo2k
904.>> The queried multisampling technique is not supported by this device.
Hence disabling anti-aliasing could help, either from graphical card panel or inside the f1graphics.cfg file.

Else I really don't know what RPH is doing here.

Date: May 25, 2010 08:43PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
OK, maybe try replacing each wad/file individually with an original or working file to narrow down what the problem could be.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy