GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Monza972 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ooooh! That means those little green cars are
> > racing next season! Gulp!
>
> Good luck for the future mate :)

Thanks mate :) And can I just say its been fun driving for DXR ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Season 5: New teams announcement

As you have all seen, chaos has ensued. That isn't quite handy, so we're going to try to get some overview in this.

First, we're going to ask who on the waiting list will want to stay there. A few people on the waiting list are now racers and therefore can't be a team boss. These people have recieved a PM from Nickv. Please reply to the PM. Don't post your statements in the thread, it will only get messy.

Second, we want every current team boss to announce whether or not they'll be continuing with their teams. This can be done in the thread if wanted, but has also to be done by PM. Please state if you wish to continue, want to pull out of the GPGSL, or want to sell your team. The difference between selling and pulling out is that new team bosses can carry on with the old perfs if you sell your team. Please send your future plans to Nickv. Also if you've already made an announcement in the thread (TSS and DXR for example). Please also send your plans to Nickv.

Third, we until we have all these decisions and PMs, we will forbid any take overs and sell offs. This will make sure everybody who will be eligible for a new team gets a fair chance to negotiate with selling team owners.

When we have recieved all the PMs, we will make an announcement when the negotiations can begin. In the meantime, please don't start negotiating. Give everybody a fair chance. We know we can't control or check this, so think of this as a gentlemen's agreement.

I'd like to run... if any team boss wants me... hehehehehe...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Were going to lose all the good teams and drivers now

I'm all for helping he new guys guys but do we have to cripple the old teams

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ohh, this is getting messy :/

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
No no no. If I'd only managed to not hit Philips car I could have been on the podium right now. But all in all we musn´t complain about a P6, we´ve made our P4 in WCC a bit more solid with this result.

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
DFR also pulls out
Devil Fox Racing will also pull out, teamboss Byron will also stop driving, I'm getting out of the series. I will make sure the guy that takes over the team will keep Christopher Hinz, as he had already signed for next season.

Adios.

wow another really poor showing in practice :(

-----------------------------------
Interview with John Maverick

We met John Maverick, test driver for Velox Racing here in the Swiss Alps from where he got known to the newest situation in the GPGSL. That's what he had to say:

Nick van der Voort told me a few hours ago, via mobile, that he will sell Velox. That came a bit surprisingly for me, as all the staff was very sure, that he would keep the team even with the new rules.
On the other hand he ensured me, that my contract for next year would be save, even with a new team boss. That was what I worked for very hard and it attests me a good work.
To be honest, I'm not sure on how this will go on now. I will definitely talk to my management and then we'll see. My future in this team surely depends on who buys the team. Therefore I hope, that this will become clear as soon as possible, before some alternatives may all be gone. But on the other hand I feel very good in this team and really would like to stay here. So wait for an official statement, before that I don't have to say anything more.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I don't understand the negotiation part of this. How can we negotiate when we don't have anything to negotiate with.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Southern Cross Racing Announcement

After a lengthy hiatus from racing in the WGP and the W300 series Southern Cross Racing (SCR) has announced that it plans to fight for the Constructors Championship in Season 5.
Team owner Mal Stoddart currently driving for Phoenix will retire from racing and will probably drive in a test role for SCR. An existing team has already approached SCR to negotiate the terms of sale of the team and it's assets which also includes its current stable of drivers.
As there is a moratorium in place imposed by the GPGSL no further announcement will be made until the ban on sale negotiations has been lifted.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Houston Announcement

An announcement regarding Matt Houston shall be made shortly.
Stay Tuned.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
@Macca.....negotiations are for the drivers, the GPGSL prefers that in any sale, (and we call it a sale although it really is not a sale, it is a transfer) that the drivers are included. If a team withdraws from the series without negotiating a sale, then the next team on the wait list is considered a NEW team, and has to start racing with a base perf. A team that is sold, retains it's perf value, so it is better that a team owner leaving the series for whatever reason, should negotiate an agreement with next on list for the drivers. A hypothetical situation could be that a team owner disappears from the forum for whatever reason, and under the current activity rules, it would soon be noticed, (unlike the situation we had in the W300/WGP where we had ghost teams and drivers) then the GPGSL would hand the team to next on the wait list, also ensuring that the drivers retained their seats. Under the current rules, were such a situation to occur, the team is handed to the number one driver for the remainder of the season but as a spin off from the S5 rules this rule also to be changed, the final ruling has yet to be thrashed out by the GPGSL members but as the rules now state that team owners cannot drive it has to be changed as well. We will get to it. We've created a monster!
We weren't expecting such a flurry of activity so early but it does look like the silly season has fired up in a big way. Once we know who is doing what and who is likely to be going where we will let teams make official announcements on who is taking over who, so right now we need to keep a bit of a lid on it to make sure it goes well and so that due process occurs as people have been on the list for a long time. It could turn into a sticky buns at ten paces if we're not careful.
I've let Nick know which team has approached me and my announcement that my team will contend the S5 championship is within the spirit of the rules. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Snake Motorsports is ready to step in

Snake Motorsports, the company owned by Maikel de Boer and the builder of the GPGSL car chassis', is ready to enter the GPGSL as a racing team. This might come out of the blue since Snake Motorsports is not on the team waiting list. However 'Scolari International Racing Team' (SIRT) is, Maikel de Boer decided to drop the SIRT name and to connect his racing team to his Snake Motorsports company which has build up a fairly good reputation. The racing team will show under the name: Snake Motosports Racing Group, or SMRG for short. The team is happy to have received a starting certificate for season 5.

The reason behind this change:
Well since the WGP I've had a team named Scolari, and although it connected back to me I never felt really connected with the name and wanted to give my racing team something of my own, after I've succesfully started Snake Motorsports and got to deliver my cars to various racing leagues like the WGP and W300 (although not existing anymore) and now the great GPGSL, I think it's good to connect my team to it.

Whether there is any change in the colour scheme will not be answered at this time, however the team will get on full stand-by in a very short period of time so they can quickly enter the series. They are looking forward to meet the already existing teams in the GPGSL and hope to get on top of the WCC.

End of press release,
Snake Motorsports

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Charrel Schreef:
> Ohh, this is getting messy :/

Didnt i tell you ?! ;) This is the end of the GPGSL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
mortal Schreef:
> Southern Cross Racing Announcement
>
> After a lengthy hiatus from racing in the WGP and
> the W300 series Southern Cross Racing (SCR) has
> announced that it plans to fight for the
> Constructors Championship in Season 5.
> Team owner Mal Stoddart currently driving for
> Phoenix will retire from racing and will probably
> drive in a test role for SCR. An existing team has
> already approached SCR to negotiate the terms of
> sale of the team and it's assets which also
> includes its current stable of drivers.
> As there is a moratorium in place imposed by the
> GPGSL no further announcement will be made until
> the ban on sale negotiations has been lifted.

At least we know where the Velox stakes are going then :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> Charrel Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ohh, this is getting messy :/
>
>
> Didnt i tell you ?! ;) This is the end of the
> GPGSL

Stop being so bloody pessimistic, Rico. This is NOT the end.

GPGSL is just changing to try and combat extinction when the older generations of GPG.org user decide to up sticks and leave - so that it is still here for the new generation.

Most people hate change - it's a fact of life.

If people want to leave the GPGSL because of this change of structure, it's their loss.
Randy Winston Announces Retirement From Team Ownership; Will Focus On Racing

With all of this week's silly season news, one story has slipped through the cracks. That is mainly because of it's twist. "I effectively sold Lucky Seven weeks ago. It was hampering my performance on track, and the track was interfering with my duties as a owner/manager." Winston said. "I had no clue that the rules were going to change a week or so after. I guess I was ahead of the curve, but unfortunately, that's one of the few times I have been, so I guess I made the right decision. I was going to wait until the season's end was closer to announce it, but the week's actions have forced my hand, even though I can't say who I sold it to at this moment." With the change in teams, what will happen to the staff and drivers? "I'll be paying the money for them to stay. Ross in particular will keep his seat, I'm told."

Lucky Seven Motorsport ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Drivers
Ross -the Rainmeister- Cartwright ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Keeley -GPGSL's sexiest member- Grant
Tester
Randy -The getting drunk in the motorhome-meister- Winston
So let's have a quick note as to which teams are pulling out for S5 (purely for record keeping purposes)

DXR
Alpha Motorsports
Velox
Devil Fox Racing
Lucky Seven
These are the replacements then

Southern Cross Racing (Mortal)
SimTec Aston Martin Racing (Stoopid)
Scolari (MDBSnake)
ONE Racing (Rod_vs)
ART (racingstefan)

I'll need a new tester then as well then

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy