GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Team Shadow Subaru Announcement

With the new rules meaning pariticipants must choose between either owning a team or being a driver in the series, Team Shadow Subaru have held emergency consultations within the last 24 hours to try and find a way to remain competitive in season 5. It is with great sadness that we must end our partnership with double World Champion Philip Oakley who shall leave the team so as to focus on his role as Team Principal of Phoenix Racing. We respect Phil's decision and having had such a great two seasons together we wish him all the best in the future.

There was hope however. Continuing to show the unbelievable commitment to the team that he has shown since season 1, Ed Greenhalgh has chosen to give up his team Alpha Motorsports so as to continue as a driver at Team Shadow Subaru for a fifth season! "It was a very tough decision to focus on my racing career, but I feel I have unfinished business with my driving, and I'm sure with this strong partnership and great team, this can be my best chance yet". We understand the sacrifice that Ed has made for us and we will do our utmost to ensure he gets the best possible chance to take his first world title next season.

But who should fill the seat left by Oakley? We knew it must be a driver capable of leading a team. We knew it must be someone with unquestionable knowledge of the GPGSL. We knew we had get Marko Aleksander! He's been a constant challenger at the sharp end of the series and we believe he is the answer to getting Team Shadow Subaru back on top in season 5. "I certainly did have my share of of exciting battles with TSS, but in the next season we will stand side by side. I will be joining Team Shadow Subaru and I am looking forward to a new challenge with the team. I'll be working with a new team principal, Tom, with whom I've always been on good terms and whom I thank for a seat in his team. We both have high goals, so it will be lots of work. Team Shadow has had great success in GPGSL and it will be my job to make sure I deliver in a completely new environment. That's the stimulating situation a driver needs in order not to stagnate.
And in closing, I am coming to Team Shadow Subaru highly motivated as season 5 might be a very competitive one and all bets will be off.
Regardless, we'll be placing the bets on - us. Well, future us, ofcourse.
Cause back to the present ; I am still very much an MPR driver, and I'll do my best to finish the current season with MPR infront of TSS and everyone else."

We are also happy to announce that Ruben Greidanus shall continue his good work in the team and ensuring TSS maintain their role as the leading team in the test driver series. He's shown great maturity and we hope to turn him into a world class race driver in the future.

These are not the only changes to TSS in season 5. We can also reveal that the white and blue colour scheme adopted at the start of the season shall be dropped as we return to our now legendary dark blue, yellow and pink livery.

Let the silly season begin.

Tom

Wasn't expecting that one Monil!

Look forward to seeing you continue to race next seaosn however.

OH holy. That I didn't see. Marko you sly bunny!
GPGSL Championship Tables

Wow interesting developments! Also, that places me on top of the Team's Waiting List! ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Ooooh! That means those little green cars are racing next season! Gulp!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ooooh! That means those little green cars are
> racing next season! Gulp!

Good luck for the future mate :)
Velox Announcement

With the new rule changes, yours truly has decided to put his racing carreer ahead of his managing carreer. This will mean that Velox will be for sale. No pull out, for sale. This means that all assets can be bought, which include windtunnels, spare parts, engines, chassis', but also contracts of drivers (if they wish to stay). These will come in one pack. You either buy all of it, or nothing. This is to ensure the drivers' futures in particular. Since it seems that DXR have pulled out, I think Mal will just take their spot with a new starter team perf. This leaves Aston Martin as the first to be able to negotiate. If they are interested to buy our shizzle, they're welcome to send a PM. If they're not interested, I want to know that too ;)

It's been a great four seasons with ups and downs, but since we're now fighting for the title, I hope we can finish Velox' life with a high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 11:04PM by Nickv.
When we say teams can be bought, do you actually 'buy' the team. Is it done with real money and the such. I dont think this makes sense but I know what I mean.
After such a crappy qually, I thought I wouldn't get anywhere so I'm glad to get some points, probably wouldn't have got any if Mal didn't crash into Ed.

Also happy the perfs are getting moved closer together, we scored equal most points in the first round and haven't improved at all.
meh, that first lap accident costed me a good position. maikel showed that we had a good pace this weekend so it's even sadder. hopefully we can keep our speed in the remaining races.

btw: wow, 3 teams leaving. i hope DFR will remain. i don't want to search a new seat for s5 ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
CaptinFranko Schreef:
> When we say teams can be bought, do you actually
> 'buy' the team. Is it done with real money and the
> such. I dont think this makes sense but I know
> what I mean.

No :P Buy is just a term to clarify things a bit. When a team ceases to exist, it can do two things: pull out or sell. When you pull out, you stop your team and a new team comes in. When you sell your team, the perfs are kept, so the new team doesn't have to start with a new perf. Of course, that will mean negotiating. The selling team boss can come up with all kinds of terms, like forcing the new boss to keep the current drivers.
n00binio Wrote:
>
> btw: wow, 3 teams leaving. i hope DFR will remain.
> i don't want to search a new seat for s5 ;)

Yeah me too, It looks very unlikely that my team will get an entry next year and I doubt with my performances to date that I would find a testing role very easily.
Nickv Wrote:
> CaptinFranko Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When we say teams can be bought, do you
> actually
> > 'buy' the team. Is it done with real money and
> the
> > such. I dont think this makes sense but I know
> > what I mean.
>
>
> No :P Buy is just a term to clarify things a bit.
> When a team ceases to exist, it can do two things:
> pull out or sell. When you pull out, you stop your
> team and a new team comes in. When you sell your
> team, the perfs are kept, so the new team doesn't
> have to start with a new perf. Of course, that
> will mean negotiating. The selling team boss can
> come up with all kinds of terms, like forcing the
> new boss to keep the current drivers.

But isn't it just a case of pulling out/selling so that we start with a starter perf for all the new teams? or are we doing a full reset on the perfs for the teams and keeping the drivers perfs.

And another thing; you pulling out/selling can only mean that only the next team in line gets the slot. Surely there's no jumping the queue business with this
Don't worry about your test role. As long as there are more seats than drivers, you're very likely to be safe :)
Monza972 Schreef:
> But isn't it just a case of pulling out/selling so
> that we start with a starter perf for all the new
> teams? or are we doing a full reset on the perfs
> for the teams and keeping the drivers perfs.
>
> And another thing; you pulling out/selling can
> only mean that only the next team in line gets the
> slot. Surely there's no jumping the queue business
> with this

It's a bit of a mess atm. The GPGSL is discussing on how to run this as we speak. Expect an announcement in the first few days about it. It's likely to be something like this: all the current teambosses will have to announce if they wish to continue with their teams. Say three teams are for sale and two pull out. The first five people on the waiting list will be asked to start negotiations with the three selling team bosses (which will mean two will end up with no team, ergo will have a team base perf).

To keep this all fair, we're likely to announce a date from which negotiations can start. This will give team bosses the time to think things over and will give everybody who's eligible for a new team an equal chance to buy a team.
Monza972 Wrote:
> Nickv Wrote:
> -----
> > CaptinFranko Schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > When we say teams can be bought, do you
> > actually
> > > 'buy' the team. Is it done with real money
> and
> > the
> > > such. I dont think this makes sense but I
> know
> > > what I mean.
> >
> >
> > No :P Buy is just a term to clarify things a
> bit.
> > When a team ceases to exist, it can do two
> things:
> > pull out or sell. When you pull out, you stop
> your
> > team and a new team comes in. When you sell
> your
> > team, the perfs are kept, so the new team
> doesn't
> > have to start with a new perf. Of course, that
> > will mean negotiating. The selling team boss
> can
> > come up with all kinds of terms, like forcing
> the
> > new boss to keep the current drivers.
>
> But isn't it just a case of pulling out/selling so
> that we start with a starter perf for all the new
> teams? or are we doing a full reset on the perfs
> for the teams and keeping the drivers perfs.
>
> And another thing; you pulling out/selling can
> only mean that only the next team in line gets the
> slot. Surely there's no jumping the queue business
> with this.

I must admit thats what I wondered. I had wondered whether the first team on the list got the space automatically when a team pulled out but when they were sold the other teams got to bid. But now I think of it turning it into a bidding war wouldn't really be fair.
Houston Press Conference

Another solid result here extends our championship lead again. Not much action for me in this race, good little battle at the start, then just settled down into a rhythm and looked after the tyres. The last few laps i was just cruising, decreased the revs on the engine and that was that.

After the race I was informed that DXR are no more and that Velox is no more. It's a sad day that Velox is no more, all reports from within the team had stated that they would carry on into the next season but I guess it's not to be.

This leaves me with no drive contract for next year at this stage. My management are currently seeking out a drive for next year.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
it really has shuffled things about for next year...Velox leaving is sad indeed. They could be champions and not be around next year to defend the title. How very brawnish of them.
SpaceAce Wrote:
> Houston Press Conference
>
> Another solid result here extends our championship
> lead again. Not much action for me in this race,
> good little battle at the start, then just settled
> down into a rhythm and looked after the tyres. The
> last few laps i was just cruising, decreased the
> revs on the engine and that was that.
>
>
> After the race I was informed that DXR are no more
> and that Velox is no more. It's a sad day that
> Velox is no more, all reports from within the team
> had stated that they would carry on into the next
> season but I guess it's not to be.
>
> This leaves me with no drive contract for next
> year at this stage. My management are currently
> seeking out a drive for next year.

We're free at MPR mate :)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy