GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
Round 13

Malaysian GP at Sepang Circuit

Race

Ladies and Gentlemen,
welcome back in Sepang where the race is about to start in a few seconds. After that exciting Qualifying yesterday, there is everything possible today. Three teams are fighting for the crown, TSS, MPR and Velox all have good chances to win this race.
Weather is totally dry again, so the chance that rain will mix this up is really small.

Unfortunately our intern again forgot to implant the boost tables. We'll fire him immediately after the race.
However, only both DXR drivers are using driver's boost.

Let's now concentrate on the race!

Drivers have lined up after the introducing-round and are waiting for the race to start. All lights are red and...

...there we go. Oakley has a very good start, as has Houston. Both MPRs get a bit slowed down by van der Voort!

Oakley catches van der Voort...

...and Houston - braking a little early - falls behind Santilal

Lot of traffic in this first corner. But it seems that the inner starting line was the better one

Van der Voort wants his place back from Oakley and attacks him

But this fails and suddenly he has to defend himself against Santilal

Santilal passes him, but van der Voort doesn't give up...

...and that's the result. This will van der Voort throw back at the end of the field!

Shortly after that, Grant attacks Horvath for 10. place...they get close to each other...

...and OH MY GOSH! Horvath runs onto Grant's tire, flies up in the air, does a 360 degree spin

he first lands at his top but then lands back on his tires...but has heavy damage

Grant lost her rear tire and is unable to continue the race...very sad for her

And what's that...Horvath continues the race. Without any frontwing and heavy damage he's on his way to the pits. WOW!

Oakley shows good speed at the top of the field, in the meantime. And here are the results at the moment

And Ingers attacks Greenhalgh for 4th place

Greenhalgh having problems at the moment, Groeneboer is the next one who attacks him

...and passes him easily in this dangerous last corner

Next one on the list ist - incredibly good doing - Tafuro. But he fails to overtake Greenhalgh...

...and looses a lot of time by that, so that it's Alexander's chance to attack him...

...with success. That could be incredibly important points for Alexander. But it's still a loong looooong way to go

And Alexander gets faster now and tries to overtake Greenhalgh as well...

but they collide slightly and Greenhalgh spins while Alexander can continue the race.

And look at that...Stoddart is already in 11th place. It seems that he really stopped his donut diet. Go for it, Ex-Donut-King :-)

And van der Voort fighting back from 17th place on after his early spin

And VSM? Unable to fight with anybody else, they do it against each other!

So, here's the top eight visible. You see, they're still pretty close to each other. But wait, why's Santilal in front?

Here's the review, very good maneuver from Santilal against Oakley!

And van der Voort fighting back against a Lucky 7 guy, with success.

Stoddart pushing a bit too hard and is aside the track. That costs him some time and positions

And Houston tries to pressure on Oakley...

while his team mate van der Voort fights against Koemmerer in the midfield...

and....ohoh...they touch each other and van der Voort spins again. It seems this is not his race

Again rejoins far away at the end of the field

Groeneboer on his way to place 4 against Ingers...

but the latter wins this fight and stays in front of Groeneboer

So, here's the next results

And there, it looks like Houston wants to start an attack against Oakley...

...but because of better traction, Oakley stays in front

And Koemmerer finally overtakes Winston. He was up to that for the last 5 or 6 rounds already

And van der Voort? He now plays with the VSM guys...

...with a not so good result for Warrington, as he runs out of the track without any collision

But here's the action. Houston gives it another try against Oakley

...and passes him. Beeing second now makes him improve his leadership in the WDC at the moment

But Oakley doesn't want to give this 2nd place up and counters...

they enter the curve in pair formation...

And it happens what had to happen. Oakley and Houston slightly collide and Oakley spins!

And not enough of that....Groeneboer, who is unable to break, drivers over Oakley's front wing and damages both cars!

And here's Houston who opens the first pit stop round

And Groeneboer has luck, he's fully in the pit stop window and can combine his repair stop with getting new fuel and tires..

...as does Oakley

And here's the leader, Monil Santilal. He's having a comfortable lead already

These early stops bring Maikel de Boer on 6th place for now, but he has to stop either sooner or later

Stuart Ingers takes the lead for the moment, but same for him....he has to stop as well soon

Here's Alexander leaving the pit in 9th place...

...and Stoddart entering the pit in 5th place. Remember, he started from 19th place. That's very solid what he shows us until now

Van Renselaar in 9th position, tries to keep himself out of any chaos

The same is for van Dijck in 11th position

And here's the top eight after the first pit stop round. The only one who hasn't stopped yet is Greenhalgh, who is in the lead for now.
But will his tires work this out?

The answer comes immediately, Santilal overtakes him without any big effort.

And what is with Alexander? He's back in 6th place, trying to keep the damage as minimal as possible

Half of the race is over and Greenhalgh hasn't been to pit yet. Is he really trying to drive on a one stop strategy and risk penalty seconds for that? In addition to that he isn't very fast anymore with his old tires.

And van Renselaar catches de Boer in "The Fight of the Dutches!"

There, Greenhalgh finally enters the pit. Now I'm looking forward to if he really just makes this one stop!

So, here's the cleared result after all drivers stopped once

And van der Voort attacks Stoddart in this often used last corner...

but Stoddart fights back and they continue side by side, in this round with the better end for Stoddart.

But exactly one round later, van der Voort gives it another try...

...and Stoddart counters on the straight again and stays in front. WOW, THAT'S RACING!

Van der Voorts teammate Matt Houston is again the first for 2nd pit stop

And van der Voort wants Stoddart's position. Therefore he starts another attack....and unseen from the camera, he finally gets him

Oh, bad luck for van Dijck. He breaks too late and runs out of the track

And here, Tafuro and Cartwright in the "Heads Up"...

...with the better end for Cartwright. But van der Voort uses his chance and overtakes first Tafuro...

...and at the end of the straight then Cartwright as well.

A bit more ahead in the field, van het Bolscher tries to catch Winston...but spins himself...

...and pushes Winston from the track. Bad luck for both, but that's racing

And what's there in the replay? Greenhalgh, still with one stop, is standing half in the track...

...the passing cars are getting very close....oh oh....

...and what's Oakley doing? He starts! But there is Stoddart....AAAAAAHHHHHHH....Stoddart hit Oakley directly into the side. But that's definitely not Stoddart's fault. Oakley musn't have had started here, there was no chance for Stoddart to get out of the way.
Hopefully they're both ok after this heavy crash, at least both could leave their cars autonomously.
However, this way Greenhalgh solves his problem on being on a one stop strategy in his own way

After we cooled down a bit again, we can recognize van der Voorts Fastest Lap, unrecognized by the cameras I'm afraid.
But Ingers, who is visible here, is doing a great job as well

However, here are the results, only ten rounds to go anymore

And van Dijck battles with van Smirren in the rearer part of the field

Ingers is pushing now and shortens the gap the Houston on P2

Oh, a bad break from van der Voort. No direct consequences here, but let's hope he didn't damage his tires with that

It seems that he definitely wants some more points, therefore he attacks van het Bolscher heavily...

...but doesn't manage to catch him this time

But there are two more rounds to go, and he gives it another try

They're side by side on the straight...

...and van het Bolscher has the inside in the first corner...

...but as this is an s-corner, van der Voort uses his advantage in the second part of it and pulls ahead. Great driving from both!

And here are the results shortly before the drivers will see the finish line. Will anything of this get changed at the last meters of the race?

At least not for Santilal. He's on the last meters to victory...

...and passes the line. Monil Santilal is the name of the winner of the Malaysian GP. Congratulations. That was an amazing driving!

Houston is able to defend against Ingers and keeps P2, a big step for the WDC

Ingers finishes third. That was definitely a good usage of driver's boost.

And look at that. Paolo Tafuro is really able to finish 4th. That's a very big success for the youngster. Good driving, mate

Here comes Alexander in 5th position. That means he'll loose further points on Houston, so it's not a real enjoyable situation for him.

Groeneboer in 6th. After all these troubles that IED had in this race, it's a solid result, I'd say

Van Renselaar in the first Alpha takes at least some points for his teamowner Ed Greenhalgh.

And Maikel de Boer with a very good race, without any problems, completes the Top 8

As we still have some technical problems, we'll show you the official results immediately and not - as you're normally used to - after an advertising-break.
So here are the official results:

And here are driver's best rounds. Congratulations to Nick van der Voort, who - at least - was able to make this out of his pole position

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 06:31PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Here are the results in a mobile version:

1. Santilal
2. Houston
3. Ingers
4. Tafuro
5. Alexander
6. Groeneboer
7. van Renselaar
8. de Boer
9. van der Voort
10. van helt Holscher
11. Cartwright
12. Koemmerer
13. van Smirren
14. van Dijck
15. Warrington
16. Oakley
17. Winston
18. Hinz
19. Horvath
20. Greenhalgh (DNF)
21. Stoddart (DNF)
22. Grant (DNF)

Fastest Round:

Nick van der Voort

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Good points for Alpha, but obviously disappointing for myself.

X (@ed24f1)
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ANOTHER WIN FOR THE MPRs! :D!!! AND A DXR ON THE PODIUM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Warrington returns to TSS? :-O ;-)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Positions Malaysian GP

1. Santilal............................... +2
2. Houston............................. +3
3. Ingers................................ +9
4. Tafuro................................ +9

5. Alexander........................... +1
6. Groeneboer........................ +1
7. Van Renselaar.................... +9
8. De Boer.............................. +7

9. Van Der Voort..................... -8
10. Van Het Bolscher.............. 0
11. Cartwright........................ +9
12. Koemmerer....................... +6

13. Van Smirren...................... +9
14. Van Dijck........................... 0
15. Warrington....................... +6
16. Oakley.............................. -14

17. Winston............................ 0
18. Hinz.................................. -7
19. Horvath............................ -10
20. Greenhalgh (DNF)............. -16

21. Stoddart (DNF)................. -2
22. Grant (DNF)...................... -14

GREEN - Most Places Gained
RED - Most Places Lost

That means that Stu Ingers takes home another point next to his podium finish! Too bad for all the others that went up an amazing 9 places!! An incredible amount of 5 drivers which gained 9 places!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Great race by myself! Finally some points again and amazing to become 8th after coming from 15th, too bad there were 5 drivers who have gained more places then me so I'm not getting that point, even though I have gained 7 places myself.
Sad result for Chris, he got caught up in the Horvath-Grant accident - he'll be there again next race though :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Collision + extra pitstop = 19th place...
Stoopid schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warrington returns to TSS? :-O ;-)

??? Did I make a mistake in the coverage?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!9 POINTS FOR ME!!

9/4=2BHPs for next round!(right?;))

after this round,it's time to do an announcement:-)

Paolo Tafuro
After Sepang's fantastic race,Paolo Tafuro is glad to announce the enter of a new personal sponsor.
"I'm glad to announce that San Carlo,an Italian Alimentar Agency specialized into snacks and french fries,will sponsorize me.The sponsorship will start at USA GP.Now our team will get a forniture of chips every race\test session,and it's a great thing for me:i was tired to see mal eating donuts all the time without offering me one;)."

"This race was the good time to announce the partership with San Carlo.The 4th place is a great thing.unluckily Ingers has beaten me for the "most gained point",but I'm really happy,as it's my highest place into points.My feeling with Sepang is great:I won some months ago here in GPGSL-3(actually 5th in the champ),the track is great and i got advantage by a lot of crashes in front of me:-)"

My GPGSL Career
mortal schrieb:
> I have to say what a great qualy coverage from
> John, and a relatively new member of the league as
> well. Your help this weekend is much appreciated
> and of course a fresh outlook on the coverage is
> appreciated by everyone. Nice work mate, put some
> of my crap coverage to shame. :-)

Thanks for that mate. But I have to say, that if I would have had to do a coverage every two weeks or so, my coverages wouldn't be so extensive as well. After doing this now the first time, I honor you and the time you use for that even a lot more than before

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Dear Lady Luck,

Where were you? We kinda needed you today...

--

Gutted, could have been so much more, we just need to stop crashing.... Rick easily coulda got a podium. Such a shame.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Stoopid Wrote:
> Warrington returns to TSS? :-O ;-)

*confused*

TSS will be making an announcement as to our driver line-up in season 5 shortly however.

What a @#$%& race anyway! We have struggled with accidents throughout the season and this has almost certainly put an end to our hopes of retaining either title.

Next season we shall return...

That was an interesting race... I didn't do that well unfortunately, but thankfully Matt did a good job.
New RD brings DXR and Stuart Ingers better luck!

Wow! 3rd place! best result for ages for me ;) Great coverage John :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Good to both be in the points :)

Monil 2 wins in a row mate, fantastic

Hope you decide to say next year to lead the team onto even greater things

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Both Alphas in the points wow ! That was really unexpected ! (Y)

- My GP4 Works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 09:13PM by AlexSchumi.
Another DNF, when will this end

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DXR Set to bow out

In four races time the Great Britain race will be a final farewell for the Gold, Blue and White outfit. Monil Santilal has had to choose between driving or being the boss for next season after the radical rule changes came into effect as of two pages back in the thread

In the Post-Race Conference when questioned over his plans for next season, he finally opened the doors after a week or so of secrets "I'm sorry to announce that Dark Xploder Racing shall infact be shutting its Ferrari engines at the GB race. After a weekend of eternal highs, I feel deeply saddened by the fact that I had to shut up shop for me to continue. I was openly critical of these new rule changes and put forward the motion that both of us might leave. However, after careful consideration, I've decided to live on with the Martini Paddock Team.

The main reason which stood out to me was the activity checks and the painting of the cars and helmet sets. I'm already facing a tough time in the outside world with work and the painting just didn't fit into my lifestyle anymore, not to mention I've got to work on 2-3 projects simultaneously. As a cause of this I've had to accommodate the DXR team and drivers and the MPR team and drivers. However, I shall continue to paint the MPRs and the helmets for myself but for anyone else. It's over."

As the announcement cleared the week of speculation on whether he will leave or not, now the question faces on the new signing of Matt Houston as to whether he will move to this team or will he stay put at Velox;

"I haven't had the time to ask Matt on his views on his but it's absolutely his choice on whether he wants to move teams or not. In terms of drivers and tester contracts, it's completely up to them on what they want to do if they want to stay they can stay, if not, well it's their choice. However what I do suggest to the next team owner in the guise of Mal (Donut King) is that keep on top of the activity checks. They are a pain. I now however am a one team man. GO MPR!"

Dark Xploder Racing is likely to be replaced by Mal Stoddart's Southern Cross Racing. Who in the old WGP Series gave Santilal's first drive. Interesting coincidence isn't it?

Source: D.C
© GPG ON SPORT
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy