GPG Super League - Season 3 (finished): Pre-season 4 winter test LAGUNA SECA online - S4 Calendar at p163

Posted by GPGSL 
Once again, i beat Nick in quali... and will in the race too =D

GPGSL WDC Season 4
race has been run and won
stay tuned for action packed drama.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
1st and 7th for DFR, great job guys :) I myself 10th, great qualifying.

ROUND 9;MALAYSIAN GP presented by BAR#10 Producitions
RACE, 35laps
WEATHER:LIGHT RAIN, MONSOON CONDITIONS PREDICTED

The race about to start with light drizzle, however heavy rain expected, thus preschudeled 1st stop too.
Everyone starts with slicks and two stop strategy judging by the fuel, however preschudeled stop and changeable weather surely will change this to three stop strategy for some, two for others.
Which team , driver will have the best strategy fuel or tyre wise?
let's see.
Chris Hinz on pole.

Straight to the action, we are GO!!!!!!!!!!

Van Smirren goes inside on Hinz

... Santilal makes a great start, follows suit -and takes the lead!

Aleksander leaves Donut King behind, TSS guys battle for position

Monil takes the lead to T3

but Rico wants a word with Santilal

Hmm, Monil responds to van Smirren challenge, Hinz drops to third

Houston takes out Byron!!Loses a wing in the process.

Look left, Chris, it's Oakley!

Santilal leads the pack

van Renselaar and Ingers in an close encounter,no damage done

Groeneboer overtakes two time winner Ross. Passing the torch?

Championship leader overtakes Chris

ED TV

Maybe not ready to pass the torch, ROSS reclaims position, but the battle continues

meanwhile in the back,Keeley shows her skills, Brown finds out

Oakley has a go at van Smirren, but no can do

Starting to rain heavier!

And Oakley' charge finalizes

Somogy wants a piece of the action, Mal can just watch

while van Smirren is resiliant, back in 2nd a lap later

hmm what was i saying?!Stoddart returns the favour as well!

prescheduled pit stops, new tyres needed for some,great call by DXR and Alpha, oh and Phil did pass Rico

But Rico is back and so is Ed as he battles on

and now top 7 drivers are called in,however Ed, Marko and Rick stay out with dry tyres
as their teammates get called in first

so while Monil and Phillip pit for wets

... the rest of the midfield arriving to the zone, get called in too. Schroeder is pitting, while Tonks is not yet...

Kev tries to avoid him, but goes over kerb...

Nick, Keeley, Norbert going over kerbs too when entering. Drama in the pitlane entry.

van der Voort takes eveasive action sucessfully, while that cant be said for Schroeder Grant and Horvath who are out of the race

Monil rejoins in 7th and Oakley in 8th

while van Renselaar is stuck behind Grant's broken car and loses lots of time! So much action and it's only been 5 laps!

results and stops to sort out confusion, Ed trails Marko but both are doing it Glock style, well not quite but you get the idea

Santilal easily takes care of two time winer Cartwright who's still on slicks

Greenhalgh and Aleksander off to pits losing valuable time

while Santilal-Oakley match continues at the top.

and coming with new tyres in 7th?

stay tuned for more

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Woo, nice coverage. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Not a bad start to the race for myself - but it looks like i lost a bit of time having to stay out an extra lap on dry tyres. This is one of the perils of having two drivers at the front of the field I suppose.

X (@ed24f1)
aaa! C'mon Phil! Ed, you're doing a great job, sorry we had to call Phil in first but that's due to his championship position, I'm sure you can make up the time lost.

Yeah we lost out too Ed with Marko

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
GPGTV IS BACK. Where were we, ah yes, after staying out with slicks, losing 5th place cause of it, Aleksander desperately tries to get back in the game

but good grief, tangle with Stoddart

and synchronized spinning. And yes, they rejoin pretty much at the back.

Oakley still chasing Santilal

results after the stop drama

Somogy and van Smiren lose couple seconds as they go into spinville too. Present for Nick?

while Oakley overtakes Santilal. Can anynone stop him today?

But Santilal stays in touch

whoa Groeneboer outperforms van Smirren comfortably

BROWN AND INGERS WON'T BE IN 9TH PLACE AFTER THIS, I RECKON..

Aleksander has another go at Mal , this time no contact, still out of points

RESULTS AFTER 10 LAPS

HOUSTON PITS, while Hinz is strong in third, Ed does come closer though. But wait a minute, is that water or smoke behind Chris' car?

what's going on?

engine failure! Unlucky end of the race after terrific perfomance.

birthday boy and Somogy battle it out for 4th

after Nick's blunder, Ross thus catches up

monil in 2nd but soon to stop? is his fuel strategy changed to three stopping due to weather?

results after lap 16, drivers because of changed conditions, strategies not the same.

another pit calls,

RG in fourth, just behind Somogy, who 's definetely decided that he will show everyone how good he is.

race leader Phillip pits for scheduled 2nd time, monsoons or wets though?

santilal vs vsm #1000000

At the top
Greenhalgh in the lead ,as Oakley has pitted is in fourth temporarily, while Ed is racing with Somogy and GROENEBOER, threeway battle for P1 and it is awesome! Screenies tell 1001 word,let's take a look

GROENEBOER TAKES THE LEAD BUT HAS YET TO STOP

SAN CLOSES UP TO OAK

Close racing! Ross behind , Rick infront, Somogy loses control of the car for a moment,

11 laps to go

and Monil heads to the pits for the third time,however to be fair even lighter could not pass Oakley, as TSS pace is brilliant in this stint

Rainmeister is cathcing up with Rick and Zsigmond, but Lucky 7 changed the strategy to 3 stoping as well,

rejoining in 7th

Rico and Monil in a battle it out like at the start, M.A. yet to stop for 3rd time

RICK LOSES IT AT PENULTIMATE TURN, IS THIS IT FOR HIS PODIUM DREAM?

SANTILAL WINS THE MATCH WITH VAN SMIRREN ONCE AND FOR ALL, YOU CAN SEE RICK rejoining IN THE BACK

NO HE DOES NOT, RICO IS STUBBORN AND PERSISTANT!

DOES MONIL WIN NOW?

APPARENTLY YES...for now

Another POSTCARD FROM SPINVILLE, SYNCHRONIZED TOO, MATT AND STU

Some of the THREE STOPPERS CALLED IN

RICK drives by MONIL. His pace is outstanding.

PHILLIP COMFORTABLY IN THE LEAD, TSS1-2.

PITSTOPS CONFUSION SORTED,

HUNGARIAN CHASES AUSTRALIAN

TONKS BY RICO

AND IN THE SAND FOR THE LATTER

ANOTHER PRESENT FOR NICK? MY, YOU'RE GENEROUS;)

5 LAPS TO GO AND GROENEBOER IS 27 SECONDS OFF RACE LEADER.

SILVER OR BRONZE? Somogy snatches second from TSS driver

ROSS VS ZAK

THERE GOES SOME TIME...

DEJA VU?

RICK is the FLYING DUTCH!! FLIES BY ED to take third, MUST BE ON MONSOONS, I BET.

AND CLOSING IN ON SOMOGY

MARKO PASSES RICO FOR NINTH and that' with ONE STOP MORE. HA, AT LEAST SOME CONSOLATION;)

WHILE STEFAN VAN RENSELAAR IS PLAYING WITH HIS BOSS' NERVES

RICK IN SECOND SPOT!

CAN JALVING TAKE STEFAN'S POINTS?

MONIL WITH ED IN SIGHT

charrell could not, but STEFAN could TAKE RICO'S

MONIL GOES TROUGH!

IED DRIVER IS CLOSING IN ON RACE LEADER!

WHILE RICO AND CHARREL HAVE AN EXCURSION

SOON MAL JOINS EM, IT'S NOT A PARKING LOT GUYS

IT'S THE LAST LAP AND GROENEBOER APPARENTLY ON MOSOONS HAS MASSIVELY DECREASED THE GAP IN THE LAST STINT TO PHILLIP!!!!

THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS, 1,5 SECOND DOWN IN JUST ONE SECTOR! SURELY HE CANT? NOO!

WHOA! AFTER DECREASING 26 SECONDS ADVANTAGE, GROENEBOER HAS A GO AT OAKLEY!

AND GETS TROUGH! UNBELIEVEABLE

WINS HIS FIRST GP

MEANWHILE MONIL RELEASES ZSIGMOND OF THIRD ON THE LAST TURN OF THE RACE

AMAZING DRIVE, RICK GROENEBOER WINNER OF THE MALAYSIAN GP.CONGRATS

MALAYSIAN GP RESULTS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 01:38PM by GPGSL.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
%&$§§!
ahhh, could have been a podium or at least a high points finish. at least it wasn't my fault.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
It's good result, I'm pleased with it, but we could get the second place if the weather didn't changed. But the 4th place is great!
what the hell all happend to me? 6th fastest lap, everyone gone off everywhere and still i'm in the backfield? I haven't seen anything happen to me ...

It isn't the first coverage where I just don't know what the hell happend to mine race and tbh I'm getting kinda sick of it :S

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I was almost shocked to learn that I took 600 (!) screenshots in a 70 minute race, there was sooooo much action,mess with stops, stories, overtaking
while everyone went off not that much time was lost lots of times they came back soon,not alwys though..
editing down to round 150 or so was hell of a job, uploading as well.
I concetrated on top, midfield action where there so many stories or spins.
if it was a non eventful race.it'd be different.
i dont know for sure what happened to your rce, but you probbably were not in top 10 at any point, look at the live timing results posted on screenies I think there was some action from 13-17 but i had too much of everything to post it. Sorry if you havent seen yourself though , you did gain places when rico, jalving and co. went off track, check that screenie. fastest lap dont mean much for race pace, cause it was made from first 4 laps when it was dry.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 02:33PM by BAR#10.
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Rick you beauty. Well done mate, after 2 and a half years at this team, I can't say anything other than that was a well deserved win. You were on fire out there. Fantastic, really, really well done. 26 seconds down to the win, world class.

Rico, that was a lively race eh. If things went your way you coulda got some points but after three unlucky races in the rain, gotta pick yerself up for the next one.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Monil sneaking onto the podium nice work and nice recovery from Marko to 9th :)

Nice race really

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ooh, arr, What's this I see? Points? In the wet?

Well, appreciated. However, what's up with ma helmet?

GPGSL Driver - Season 2, 22nd with IER, who came in 10th in constructors.

Season 3 - Driver 11 for Pheonix. 3 points, 20th in standings.

Season 4 - Test Driver for TSS, currently 1st in testing ranking, TSS also 1st in constructors.
A solid result - unfortunately both Philip and myself made an incorrect tyre decision at the end of the race it seems, but still a valuable haul of points for the championship.

Good for Stefan to get a couple of points for Alpha, and bad luck for Ben, being involved in an accident earlier in the race scuppering his points chances.

X (@ed24f1)
No. I lost. On the final lap. Damn. But, 15 points still and I regain the lead of the championship. So, I suppose it's damage limitation for me in a way.

Phoenix. Both in the points, which is good. And Zak finishing ahead of Mal, which makes a change. So a good race overall.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was almost shocked to learn that I took 600 (!)
> screenshots in a 70 minute race, there was sooooo
> much action,mess with stops, stories, overtaking
> while everyone went off not that much time was
> lost lots of times they came back soon,not alwys
> though..

Fantastic coverage, some of the best this season!

What a race! TSS looked to be the fastest team out there even without boosts which is very encouraging. In reality Phil was just so unlucky, we left both drivers out on the wet tyres but unfortunately the weather didn't go our way but 2nd is more than enough to retake the lead in the championship. Ed, once again his strategy was compromised but he drove the perfect race to get himself up to second, we're just sorry the weather didn't hold off for him also. 5th is also a very strong result.

Great coverage as ever, just a shame I had another stinker in the wet!

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy