1994 Mod **Released**

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1994 Mod **Released**
Date: May 02, 2009 04:25PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
this brings back some good memories of GP2 as well ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 02, 2009 07:11PM
Posted by: sg220578
Congratulations for this phantastic and amazing mod. It is one of the best ones.
MfG
Date: May 03, 2009 12:04PM
Posted by: gp_2112
Impressive, and such a fine idea to release it at this time. Thank you, guys!
Date: May 03, 2009 05:49PM
Posted by: neldav03
Its clear that you guys have put a lot of work into this... however there are some problems, one of which I'll detail:

1) in CSM I pressed to have the Aida circuit with me being Michael Schumacher in "quick laps mode"
2) when I went in game the first thing I noticed was that on the main screen it never had "quick laps" but instead said "quick race" with me being "david coulthard \ mclaren"
3) clicked onto the driver screen got me to seeing Blundell's face, but with Coulthard's McLaren name like in default 2001
4) clicked to race, got Belgium loadup screen NOT the Aida one I was expecting
5) once it loaded, I got Silverstone, I was expecting Aida!
6) I escaped and went back to main menu to find the "david coulthard \ mclaren error had corrected itself.

See screenshots:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I suggest this problem need to be sorted... I don't think its an error my end. I was hoping to play on the '94 Aida circuit seeing as there is a 1994 Trackpack for it. :(
Date: May 03, 2009 06:15PM
Posted by: b-tone
I think the error is probably at your end - is your GP4 installation clean? I tried exactly what you said and it worked fine.
It looks like the tweaker positions aren't right either so something is up with your game.
You've selected track 2 with driver 5, and got track 11 with driver 4 - maybe your .sav file is corrupt? Or the gp4.exe? Or gpxpatch files?

____
Tony

Date: May 03, 2009 09:04PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Are there going to be team specific steering wheels in the further updates? The one which I see in the mod is probably taken from 1995 F-1 mod which is slightly unrealistic. I have photos of some of the 1994 F-1 steering wheels if somebody needs it.

BTW. The mod is great!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 09:06PM by abdelkader.
Date: May 03, 2009 09:10PM
Posted by: Naboo
That pacific is an ugly car at best, this isn't the modders fault, they made the car look better in game than it ever did in real life. Who thought grey, pink, blue and green were a good mix!!

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: May 03, 2009 10:00PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I actually love the Pacific. Started my GP career in that car with GP2 back in '96, and that's why I'm gonna download this mod. Scored a win in Hockenheim in my first season, hopelessly unrealistic of course! :P

Perhaps I'd better download it after my exams, lest I get carried away with this mod! Great work guys!
Date: May 03, 2009 10:01PM
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the error is probably at your end - is
> your GP4 installation clean? I tried exactly what
> you said and it worked fine.
> It looks like the tweaker positions aren't right
> either so something is up with your game.
> You've selected track 2 with driver 5, and got
> track 11 with driver 4 - maybe your .sav file is
> corrupt? Or the gp4.exe? Or gpxpatch files?

I've disabled GPxTrack in GPxPatch which appears to have solved the problem.
Date: May 03, 2009 10:12PM
Posted by: raulongo
Holy @#$%&... in a fresh XP install and in a fresh GP4 install, when installing ZaZ tools it drops a message telling me that I have no rights of administration "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR", but I have them.

Thanks for the help.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 03, 2009 10:19PM
Posted by: bob1977
Fantastic mod guys brilliant job. But no matter what tsm profile I choose when I load the 1994 mod only the first track is loaded from the profile. I have triple check that load all 16 tracks from the mod options is chosen but only 1 track will load. Any idea's?
Date: May 03, 2009 10:32PM
bob1977 Wrote:
> Fantastic mod guys brilliant job. But no matter
> what tsm profile I choose when I load the 1994 mod
> only the first track is loaded from the profile. I
> have triple check that load all 16 tracks from the
> mod options is chosen but only 1 track will load.
> Any idea's?

That is a problem I had and am currently having.
Date: May 03, 2009 11:07PM
Posted by: Roadwarrior
bob1977 Wrote:
> Fantastic mod guys brilliant job. But no matter
> what tsm profile I choose when I load the 1994 mod
> only the first track is loaded from the profile. I
> have triple check that load all 16 tracks from the
> mod options is chosen but only 1 track will load.
> Any idea's?

I have this problem also, but in spite of this, this mod is the best i have ever seen for gp4 (in my opinion) i only think that Schumacher is a bit strong in this mod, i did some races as Berger and he is really tough to follow and also sometimes he passes Senna and pulls away really quick
Date: May 04, 2009 12:28AM
Posted by: Richard J
Bob1977, Neldav03, Roadwarrior, check page 2 and see Fongu's response. I created a new 1994.ini file with 16 tracks. Only way you apparently can select a specific track per Fongu's response is open Mods Configurables in CSM and select the actual track in the box listing the individual tracks. When you start the mod, only the track selected will appear on the track menu screen in the game for now. As Fongu indicated, this will give you some additional items for each track. Hopefully, once the track mod is completed, then all tracks will load and can be selected from the track menu in the game.

Richard J
Date: May 04, 2009 01:04AM
Posted by: fongu
nelda - try moving your f1gstate file to another location so GP4 creates a new one next time you run the game - maybe that will help you load the correct configuration - I've had that problem before.

Raul, run GP4 with gpxpatch first before trying to start CSM ;-)

Date: May 04, 2009 01:06AM
Thanks Kev, you know I barely play GP4 ^_^ (it worked)

raulgullon.com -
Date: May 04, 2009 01:09AM
Posted by: fongu
It took me a couple of days to figure that one out, good ol' grandprixx.com forum!

now get back to work ;)

Date: May 04, 2009 01:12AM
Yes master!!! :D

raulgullon.com -
Date: May 04, 2009 07:57AM
Posted by: b-tone
neldav03 - good to hear its working

bob1977 - its possible the 'Load all tracks' doesn't work as I don't use that..yes, change the .csm file so it reads:
LoadOnlyTrack=%loadtracks%,%tracknum%
But I would recomend you use 1 track only option as its quicker to load, and when you select a track to race on you get lots of specific things for that race.

____
Tony

Date: May 04, 2009 01:22PM
One or two things. I presume you guys will be improving the Brazil/Aida tracks further.

When a computer car spun on Aida, it seemingly stalled and thus retired.... that shouldn't happen; surely?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy